Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

DK Motorbike Rentals The Best Deals on Wheels

pattayagolf

4 hours ago, Waterboyfint said:

Sent you an email, content was roughly - I'm looking to rent either a Yamaha Click or Yamaha Aerox + 2 decent helmets for 28 days starting Monday 5th September. I will be staying in central Pattaya. 

have replied thanks

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, flyingscotsman said:

Interested in renting a bike 

Will message you tomorrow 

ok

just got some new bikes in so we do have availability

LINE dkmotorbike

• Thanks 1

FOR RENT
Bikes available
All low kms
Honda CLICK 150 cc
Yamaha Grand Filano 125 cc
Honda LEAD 125 cc
Honda Click 125 cc
Yamaha AEROX 155 cc
Weekly
Monthly
Call 0899-326-716
Line. dkmotorbike

filano.jpg

pcx160b.jpg

lead.jpg

click150b.jpg

Click21Red1.jpg

Just a question, I have a UK DL for cars and bikes, also the IDP, but it has been many years since I was riding a motorcycle, are there any options in Pattaya for a refresher course/instruction for riding these modern small bikes?

Tnx. 

4 minutes ago, RomaBob said:

Just a question, I have a UK DL for cars and bikes, also the IDP, but it has been many years since I was riding a motorcycle, are there any options in Pattaya for a refresher course/ins for riding these modern small bikes?

Tnx. 

not that I know of

They really are easy to drive, just twist and go with two brake levers

@pattayagolf 125cc or lower, automatic, big storage space with hooks for grocery bags etc. Which bikes do you recommend thanks

5 hours ago, THguypattaya said:

@pattayagolf 125cc or lower, automatic, big storage space with hooks for grocery bags etc. Which bikes do you recommend thanks

Quite a few fit that brief

Honda Click, Honda Lead, Honda Scoopy

Yamaha Freego, Yamaha Grand Filano

Click21Red.jpg

lead.jpg

scoopy211.jpg

filano.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pattayagolf said:

Quite a few fit that brief

Honda Click, Honda Lead, Honda Scoopy

Yamaha Freego, Yamaha Grand Filano

Click21Red.jpg

lead.jpg

scoopy211.jpg

filano.jpg

You've probably already gotten this question and answered it but I'm too lazy to look for it.

I mean I've seen 2 guys lift a scooter up, hoist it into a truck or van and be gone inside of 20 seconds. (Usually it's the police LOL)

What if the scooter is stolen ?  How does the insurance work and what does it cost ?

Thanks

• Like 2

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

1 hour ago, sulu said:

You've probably already gotten this question and answered it but I'm too lazy to look for it.

I mean I've seen 2 guys lift a scooter up, hoist it into a truck or van and be gone inside of 20 seconds. (Usually it's the police LOL)

What if the scooter is stolen ?  How does the insurance work and what does it cost ?

Thanks

Bike is your responsibility when you hire it so if you lose it you pay for the replacement cost.

In 12 years of bike rentals we had only 2 stolen from customers and both were retrieved by the police.

So no losses

Insurance is only the compulsory government one so only covers medical bills up to about 20k baht

• Thanks 1

Are there any shops sell something like a bandana I can wear under the crash helmet as my head gets a little sweaty during the daytime heat?

13 minutes ago, flyingscotsman said:

Are there any shops sell something like a bandana I can wear under the crash helmet as my head gets a little sweaty during the daytime heat?

Maybe you can find something like that in Soi Bukau market.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flyingscotsman said:

I’d agree buy saying a market, try the Night Bazzaar. Or Ferbreeze anti bac material spray might help.

Edited by Vespa
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pattayagolf said:

Bike is your responsibility when you hire it so if you lose it you pay for the replacement cost.

In 12 years of bike rentals we had only 2 stolen from customers and both were retrieved by the police.

So no losses

Insurance is only the compulsory government one so only covers medical bills up to about 20k baht

Thanks.

So the compulsory insurance is for medical bills for the renter if he gets hurt, correct ?

What if the renter hurts someone else ?

And there's no way of getting insurance against financial loss of the bike ? Theft ? Or crashing the bike and it being a total loss ?

So if the bike costs, say 50,000 Baht and it's stolen or crashed beyond repair, the renter has to pay for a new bike. That about right ?

Anyway, it sounds like you should start up a very profitable business. Just charge 50 Baht per day for insurance against theft or damage to the bike. I would think almost everybody would pay it - I know *I* would.

Think about it. 50 Baht per day for every rental day for 12 YEARS. That's an awful lot of extra profit, no ?

Edited by sulu

On 30/10/2022 at 22:28, pattayagolf said:

So renter will be covered up to 20,000 THB for medical bill is that right?

Will we be able to switch bikes if we don't like the bike and we rent long term like 1,2 months?

On 19/04/2022 at 18:00, Vespa said:

Do you have to have a full UK bike license for the 155cc Scooters? Or would only car license and international driving license be ok??

On 19/04/2022 at 20:52, pattayagolf said:

IDP is fine, if stopped by the police they should accept that, if you want to book a bike please send PM

So only car license and IPD (with car) is fine for motorcycle rental? police will accept those right? (and we don't have to also carry the driver's license along with the IDP right? just the IDP is fine?)

I just got my IPD (with car only) yesterday and I have no motorcycle license, but 10 years ago I had IDP and got stopped by cop and he took my IDP until I paid fine later, he never mentioned that I didn't have motorcyle license in the IDP, but 10 years ago maybe the IDP was different? or cops were looser or he didn't pay attention, but oh well I only got this IDP and I will just use this. 

Edited by THguypattaya

16 minutes ago, THguypattaya said:

yes

Will we be able to switch bikes if we don't like the bike and we rent long term like 1,2 months?

yes subject to availability

So only car license and IPD (with car) is fine for motorcycle rental? police will accept those right? (and we don't have to also carry the driver's license along with the IDP right? just the IDP is fine?)

IDP for motorbike is what police are asking for or a Thai license

I just got my IPD (with car only) yesterday and I have no motorcycle license, but 10 years ago I had IDP and got stopped by cop and he took my IDP until I paid fine later, he never mentioned that I don't have motorcyle license in the IDP, but 10 years ago maybe the IDP was different? or cops were looser or he didn't pay attention, but oh well I only got this IDP and I will just use this. 

Most cops don't check that the motorcycle is included also on the IDP in my experience and accept it

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, pattayagolf said:

Sorry to be more specific, renters with IDP (car license only) will be covered for  medical bill up to 20,000 baht ?

2 minutes ago, THguypattaya said:

Sorry to be more specific, renters with IDP (car license only) will be covered for  medical bill up to 20,000 baht ?

yes , the hospital only asks for the bike insurance policy and bike details

14 hours ago, THguypattaya said:

I just got my IPD (with car only) yesterday and I have no motorcycle license, but 10 years ago I had IDP and got stopped by cop and he took my IDP until I paid fine later, he never mentioned that I didn't have motorcyle license in the IDP, but 10 years ago maybe the IDP was different? or cops were looser or he didn't pay attention, but oh well I only got this IDP and I will just use this. 

Exact same thing happened to me; 10 years ago as well.

I'd moved to Florida from NY and my Florida license did NOT have my endorsement for motorcycle. Turns out, in moving from NY to live in NJ in 2003, it was NJ who dropped the MC endorsement and I never noticed.

Anywho, a brown shirt stopped me on my scooter at the top of 2nd road in early 2013 and he knew to look for the endorsement on my Florida license and, not having one, gave me a ticket for lack of MC endorsement.

I subsequently got a report from NY that showed I did have a MC endorsement and Florida accepted that and gave me an MC endorsement on my license, so now I'm good.

• Like 1

On 31/10/2022 at 13:10, sulu said:

Thanks.

So the compulsory insurance is for medical bills for the renter if he gets hurt, correct ?

What if the renter hurts someone else ?

And there's no way of getting insurance against financial loss of the bike ? Theft ? Or crashing the bike and it being a total loss ?

So if the bike costs, say 50,000 Baht and it's stolen or crashed beyond repair, the renter has to pay for a new bike. That about right ?

Anyway, it sounds like you should start up a very profitable business. Just charge 50 Baht per day for insurance against theft or damage to the bike. I would think almost everybody would pay it - I know *I* would.

Think about it. 50 Baht per day for every rental day for 12 YEARS. That's an awful lot of extra profit, no ?

13 hours ago, pattayagolf said:

yes , the hospital only asks for the bike insurance policy and bike details

Would appreciate a few (more) answers.

Thanks

45 minutes ago, sulu said:

Would appreciate a few (more) answers.

Thanks

So the compulsory insurance is for medical bills for the renter if he gets hurt, correct ?

What if the renter hurts someone else ?

can use the same insurance medical up to about 20,000 baht

None that I know of, its not an option we have on rental bikes, my advice would be to get insurance before you leave your country to include renting a bike, travel insurance 

we would want the cost of the bike replacement, so its value at the time you rented it

1 hour ago, pattayagolf said:

So the compulsory insurance is for medical bills for the renter if he gets hurt, correct ?

What if the renter hurts someone else ?

can use the same insurance medical up to about 20,000 baht

None that I know of, its not an option we have on rental bikes, my advice would be to get insurance before you leave your country to include renting a bike, travel insurance 

we would want the cost of the bike replacement, so its value at the time you rented it

OK, thanks. I've actually never heard of a U.S. insurance company that would insure a vehicle outside of the country, rental or otherwise.

Then again, I don't think I ever asked - maybe I will. 👍

On 31/10/2022 at 20:22, Vespa said:

I’d agree buy saying a market, try the Night Bazzaar. Or Ferbreeze anti bac material spray might help.

Had a look around Soi Buakhao market and showed a few pictures but no joy.

Eventually found some in a stall on 2nd road across from Tim bar.

50b each and perfect for us baldies to wear under the crash helmet 

• Like 1

On 03/11/2022 at 08:43, flyingscotsman said:

Had a look around Soi Buakhao market and showed a few pictures but no joy.

Eventually found some in a stall on 2nd road across from Tim bar.

50b each and perfect for us baldies to wear under the crash helmet 

Glad you got sorted. I’ve been on the back of a few ladies bikes, they pull out the most stinky and horrid smelling helmets ever. I’m pretty sure febreze do an antibacterial spray, not sure if it’s available here.