IGNORED

Phnom Penh, affordable and decent hotel/guest house.

kambodjakungen

WTF ? Why don't you guys start a Snooky thread instead of hijacking this PP one ? wj

you got a point , slowly came to SV just by being helpful to questions from BM ........sorry to be hepfull , :Oops1:

( PP & Sv are most time connected for travel destination )

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

I also would like info on Orchidee in Sihanoukville. Will be there 27th March and am looking for a girl friendly hotel in a good position to stay.

does any one have any suggestions.

Plenty of info on PP but very little recent info on Snooky

Have a look at this site Grunter. The p4p is ssshhh on most internet sites coming from Cambo but there is ample info when you get on the ground and chat to the expats in Snooky.

http://www.canbypublications.com/sihanoukville-cambodia/sihanoukville-cambodia-home.htm

• 2 weeks later...

In regard to a place in Sihanoukville I suggest the Small hotel in centre of town, great people GF friendly and good food and very close to everything.

In PP you could try Flamingoes, Velkommen Inn they have a hotel and a guesthouse variety of rooms on the river front

WTF ? Why don't you guys start a Snooky thread instead of hijacking this PP one ? wj

Oh no , you again .....!!

:Oops1:

Smiley hotel for the ones on budget. 4$fan/10$ AC. WIth wifi. No problem to have guests. (Safe box on reception.)

Actually the guys on night swift will ask you if you need any help finding cambodian GF. Ehehehehe.

1$ tuktuk and you are in the middle of night action.

bb4.gif

Smiley Hotel for the ones on budget. 4$fan/10$ AC. WIth wifi. No problem to have guests. (Safe box on reception.)

Actually the guys on night swift will ask you if you need any help finding cambodian GF. Ehehehehe.

Nice one...... but....... how whe going to find it ..? No adress , no website ......even no Thelephone number ...... smart info , just forgot to write it i think.. :GoldenSmile1::Think1:

I stayed at Nana hotel last week , just besides circuit hotel , both same corner close to Walkabout /Hart of darkness street rooms starting 18 $ AC wifi & breakfast included, WIFI in room , clean new hotel( girl guest friendly ), sorry for(old,sober ) Flamingo to 25/ 30 $ , but no free transport Airport

http://www.nanahotel...om/page.php?p=5#

Edited by david555

We're giving the Sundance a whirl during Songkran. Looks good on paper. LINK:http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293940-d2453223-Reviews-Sundance_Inn_Saloon-Phnom_Penh.html Some PA brother turned me on to the Lux on 136. The 1brm apt for $55 is epic. wj

We're giving the Sundance a whirl during Songkran. Looks good on paper. LINK:http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293940-d2453223-Reviews-Sundance_Inn_Saloon-Phnom_Penh.html Some PA brother turned me on to the Lux on 136. The 1brm apt for $55 is epic. wj

looks like a great location , was thinking about staying at lux riverside but @ us$45 a night, Sundance could be the go.

Is it guest friendly? will be there April 21st for 4 nights

Smiley hotel for the ones on budget. 4$fan/10$ AC. WIth wifi. No problem to have guests. (Safe box on reception.)

Dave555- Where is Smiley? do you have more information?

The Sundance was definitely a good suggestion. I'll b looking into that in May.

Thanks for the tip. :Dream1:

Edited by Freeze

looks like a great location , was thinking about staying at lux riverside but @ us$45 a night, Sundance could be the go.

Is it guest friendly? will be there April 21st for 4 nights

Pay the extra $10 and get the 1brm. The $45 rooms are just OK. Here's some pics of the 1brm: wjNOV-DEC 12 027.JPGNOV-DEC 12 028.JPGNOV-DEC 12 029.JPGNOV-DEC 12 031.JPG Edited by wackyjacky

G'day WJ.

Thanks for the info and pics much appreciated, however I decided to book Sundance (larger room) gives me some extra to spend on the ladies LOL!

G'day WJ.

Thanks for the info and pics much appreciated, however I decided to book Sundance (larger room) gives me some extra to spend on the ladies LOL!

Yeah, enough for 1 lady (ST anyhow). We're there Songkran, Apr 12-15. I'll give a review. If you're there before me - do the same. wj

• 2 weeks later...

Sun dance might not be friendly to guests. Their sign says no drugs weapons prostitution.

Ok no problem just take lady back to room for tea and biscuits! no prostitution :NoNo3:

Sun dance might not be friendly to guests. Their sign says no drugs weapons prostitution.

Will find out in 12 days. This would then be the only pub-hotel in PP where the majority of their clientel isn't bring home whores every night. Hopefully SD will be the same. Considering their location I'm pretty confident but not 100% certainly. wj Edited by wackyjacky

Will find out in 12 days. This would then be the only pub-hotel in PP where the majority of their clientel isn't bring home whores every night. Hopefully SD will be the same. Considering their location I'm pretty confident but not 100% certainly. wj

Will be staying at Sundance from the 21st April, for 5 nights, so look forward to your report.

WYBMADIITY

Edited by WYBMADIITY

• 2 weeks later...

Just stayed 3 at SD & had no problems with BGs. Nice place and quite clean for PP. Maybe slightly inconvenient for punters. 3 blocks to FCC or Shanghai - Walkabout. Free WiFi on TV, small pool, and decent pub downstairs. Signs are to cover their asses legally, I suppose. Nothing to do in PP during the day, so I'll try Casa

next time due to its big POOL. WJ

Edited by wackyjacky

Just stayed 3 at SD & had no problems with BGs. Nice place and quite clean for PP. Maybe slightly inconvenient for punters. 3 blocks to FCC or Shanghai - Walkabout. Free WiFi on TV, small pool, and decent pub downstairs. Signs are to cover their asses legally, I suppose. Nothing to do in PP during the day, so I'll try Casa

next time due to its big POOL. WJ

Thanks for the update arrive there 21st April

Cheers

WYBMADIITY

• 2 months later...

Treated myself to a stay in Nagaworld after flying to cambodia on a visa run. It is quality but i couldnt believe the walk in price of $165 per night when i got there, so i got myself a cocktail and the wifi code and looked up a online hotel site (not sure if i'm allowed to say it here) and got the room for more than half the price at $79 per night. Would recommend staying here if visa running to cambodia.

Treated myself to a stay in Nagaworld after flying to cambodia on a visa run. It is quality but i couldnt believe the walk in price of $165 per night when i got there, so i got myself a cocktail and the wifi code and looked up a online hotel site (not sure if i'm allowed to say it here) and got the room for more than half the price at $79 per night. Would recommend staying here if visa running to cambodia.

One doesn't usually get a good walk-in-rate at major hotels in my experience (unless you have staus w/them). BTW, how was the room ? wj