kambodjakungen

Phnom Penh, affordable and decent hotel/guest house.

kambodjakungen

I try and stay at the Pickled Parrot at street 104, whenever I go to PP.

The staffs wonderful and its clean, 24/7 bar downstairs, some rooms could be alittle bit noicy, but nothing Ive had a problem with (and I need quiet to sleep).

The kitchen is open until midnight.

their webpage :http://www.tonlesapguesthouse.com/

JRooster

Thanks fellas I am planning a trip soon to Phnom Phen...I'll keep the suggestions in mind. I hear its a good time there....just a question of hygeine

Mr. Tomm

but dont forget ... they take a 10 finger print now ... i read it at a other thread ... so now i dont want to go there again

david555

but dont forget ... they take a 10 finger print now ... i read it at a other thread ... so now i dont want to go there again

unless a "special reason" i do not see a reason to refusing that......i did give fingerprint when using e-visa no objections by me !

wackyjacky

Thanks fellas I am planning a trip soon to Phnom Phen...I'll keep the suggestions in mind. I hear its a good time there....just a question of hygeine

Yes JR, if you don't improve yours, I doubt they'll let you in ! wj

snowmaan

i usualy stay in the jockey hotel $20 a night free wifi friendly staff and the rooms are clean and quiet

on the down side its a tuk tuk to the bars but at $2 not a problem relay

moonbeam

No problem with fingerprints at PP.

I am 1 of the approx 3000 Manchester residents who subscribed to the now defunct UK id card, cost £30.

I have nothing to hide so why not.

thecaptain

id cards were the way forward

those that objected to them have something to hide

would save the country millions if it came about

just my thoughts

david555

Any updates on guest-friendly hotels in Phnompenh ? As i fly 29 February for 8 days Cambodia (visa & short Holiday) ?

Also Shianoukhville hotel info welcome Thanks already in advance

Edited by david555

pubstud

What's this about fingerprints? I been to Cambo many times, last trip about 1 years ago, overland to SR & PP. Never heard anything about fingerprints. Please explain about this...

david555
What's this about fingerprints? I been to Cambo many times, last trip about 1 years ago, overland to SR & PP. Never heard anything about fingerprints. Please explain about this...
general practice on PP airport , i do not know about landborders as with my last visa run no fingerprinting. But at PP airport they scan electronically your 4 fingers right hand & left hand , and also the 2 thumbs , goes very quick and smooth to a database that is all . I do not know since when as September latest i flu first time Phnompenh , possible later some or all borders maybe follows as the system spread more..., i shall become more and more globally a common practice my guess . I do not have a problem with that

PS: by this link PoiPet should also doing or starting it;

http://www.farangtal...m-Penh-Airport!

Edited by david555

pubstud

Well I do have a problem with it, can't see why every tourist should be treated as a criminal suspect. Where I come from police only fingerprint a person AFTER they have been arrested for a crime or suspected of a crime. But if one has to be fingerprinted in order to enter Cambo as a tourist then so be it. But I hate this control shit that is every increasing around the world.

david555

Well I do have a problem with it, can't see why every tourist should be treated as a criminal suspect. Where I come from police only fingerprint a person AFTER they have been arrested for a crime or suspected of a crime. But if one has to be fingerprinted in order to enter Cambo as a tourist then so be it. But I hate this control shit that is every increasing around the world.

Biometric passport is coming soon in my home country , now already with a chip , very soon whee walk around with QR tag on our body i think :SoWhat1:

Freeze

Biometric passport is coming soon in my home country , now already with a chip , very soon whee walk around with QR tag on our body i think :SoWhat1:

Earth is calling. :Hello9:

pubstud

I can see the day not too far off when babies will have chips inserted into them immediately following birth. Then Big Bro will be able to track every single one of us. It's getting fucked up, it really is...

Freeze

i usualy stay in the jockey hotel $20 a night free wifi friendly staff and the rooms are clean and quiet

on the down side its a tuk tuk to the bars but at $2 not a problem relay

Snowman that sounds like the deal. Thanks. :Dream1:

walshybfc

http://www.booking.com/hotel/kh/trasak-pa-em-restaurant.en-gb.html?aid=303948;label=bookings-naam-bXo4q5voyx763LLVEXVHlAS5337895701;sid=7a541285704860530b97c6d81b0fb1f3;dcid=1

I stayed here last year, not far from the Palace and an easy enough walk to everywhere. Comfortable rooms, a nice balcony to chill out on and a great food place across the road. Don't make the mistake I did and chane up a load of Cambodain money at the airport. US Dollar is king in Cambodia.

snooez

I stayed at Golden House hotel at 136 street a month ago. Perfect location, very friendly staff. But i guess rooms with window facing the street can be noisy at night.

david555

Sihanoukville , asking some people, any stayed here ?http://www.orchidee-guesthouse.com/kamers.htm

seems nice and reasonable prices , restaurant menu prices on line to see , an you tube video too for seeing.

I am going that direction march after few days PP (visa)

wackyjacky

Sihanoukville , asking some people, any stayed here ?http://www.orchidee-....com/kamers.htm

seems nice and reasonable prices , restaurant menu prices on line to see , an you tube video too for seeing.

I am going that direction march after few days PP (visa)

Yeah good place if - you get poolside rooms. The rooms in the main building suck. Seeing this is a PP thread - same folks as Paragon hotel on the river & 136 which is well located, well priced, & quite decent. wj

david555

Yeah good place if - you get poolside rooms. The rooms in the main building suck. Seeing this is a PP thread - same folks as Paragon Hotel on the river & 136 which is well located, well priced, & quite decent. wj

thanks , poolside room booked already

Edge

general practice on PP airport , i do not know about landborders as with my last visa run no fingerprinting. .........................

They've been doing it at Cham Yeam (Had Lek/Koh Kong) border for several months now - in and out.

They weren't doing it at Poi Pet 2-3 weeks ago, but it sounds like they do now.

Did I dream it or have they started it at Clark/AC as well?

The gear is US sourced I believe, so maybe it's Hilary we have to thank? :Think1:

Grunter

I also would like info on Orchidee in Sihanoukville. Will be there 27th March and am looking for a girl friendly hotel in a good position to stay.

does any one have any suggestions.

Plenty of info on PP but very little recent info on Snooky

david555
I also would like info on Orchidee in Sihanoukville. Will be there 27th March and am looking for a girl friendly hotel in a good position to stay. does any one have any suggestions. Plenty of info on PP but very little recent info on Snooky
i received answer on other forum on this matter from a member as girl friendly and good stay placeOrchidee Menu_Orchid.pdfOrchidee buffet_menu.pdf

going myself by 3 march/ 8 march , can tell more then.map snooky x.pdf

Edited by david555