IGNORED

Tourist visa changes

seans

Last year I got a o visa they would not give me one this year ,now I have multiple tourist visa now,

• 1 month later...

I'd strongly advise against using the Thai 'Visa Service' quoted abvove as this requires that your passport is sent from Malaysia.

When you do leave Thailand, there will be a lot of questions to be answered as to how you never departed but your passport did.

It's ILLEGAL and will be found out!

I found myself only being granted a single entry Visa from Vientianne because I had several tourist visas in my passport (they were not back to back), however I was fortunate as the guy in front of me was actually refused a visa and had to go back to Thailand on a 15 day stay of entry.

If you want to circumvent the officials counting your visas, then factor in a new passport every 18 months and then they will not be able to 'count back'.

Regarding just getting an ED Visa, you will also find yourself subjected to language tests to validate that you are actually learning, so don't think this is a way of just 'paying and avoiding'.

I'm over 50 now, so things are somewhat easier, and simply making sure an official is 'happy' is enough to get a permission to stay extension of an extra year.

22,000 bhats student visa valid for 15 months

3900 bhats for multi exit or 1,900 for single exit and no visa problems.

student visa is available for 10 years

Many Thais consider themselves 1 year old when born so retirement visa is available at age 49

or you can struggle with multi visa runs until you are told... no more.

student visa : you must also say to people the truth : : who go to school : he is compulsory to follow lessons

it will be a problem if you dont go 4-5 days to school

i can pay 22.000 baht no problem

but i want sit at home or go better around

i am too old to follow lesson everday like school children..

Things are definitely tightening up and others loosening.

The silly 90 days in 180 has now gone.

However a mate of mine from UK who has been here (in and out) 4 years just came back from the UK a few days ago. The consulate in Hull are no longer giving 12 month non Imm O's to "visit friends". The Embassy in London stopped this many years ago but Hull was always happy to issue these, even by post.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

....................Many Thais consider themselves 1 year old when born so retirement visa is available at age 49

Almost anything is possible, but I'm pretty sure they'll use your D0B (just as Thais do for anything official).

That doesn't stop you applying for it while you're 49 though.

Provided your Visa proper runs past your 50th the 12 month Extension will be tacked onto the end of it.

I'd strongly advise against using the Thai 'Visa Service' quoted abvove as this requires that your passport is sent from Malaysia.

When you do leave Thailand, there will be a lot of questions to be answered as to how you never departed but your passport did.

It's ILLEGAL and will be found out!

There are several ways of obtaining a Retirement Extension, some of which may not be according to the Regulations, but I've not heard of any which require your Passport to be sent in from another country.

Why would that be necessary as it's an Extension to a Visa you (should) already have and is (theoretically) applied for in person at Jomtien?

Perhaps you are confusing a Retirement Extension with a dodgy way of obtaining a One Year Multi-Entry?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok anyone can help me i have several tourist visa's in my passport from last year and year before , i returned home in May and flew in December getting my 30 days arrival, this is due to expire soon and i now wish to extend my vacation for up to 6 months.

What options do i have this month as things change all the time and need to sort it quickly, if not i just do a border run and get 15 days but would rather get 60 day tourist visa is this still possible if so how much total?

Thanks in advance Visa companies doing this feel free to PM me and i will come to your office with passport.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone reads stickman's weekly then they will notice a dramatic shift in Thai policy towards repeat tourist visas.

Stickman Quote......

It seems like only a few weeks ago that I predicted a crackdown on those existing in Thailand on tourist visa after tourist visa, year after year and guess what, that is exactly what has happened! Reports are coming in that Thai embassies and consulates in neighbouring countries are not giving away tourist visas like candy as they used to. Anyone applying for a tourist visa at a Thai embassy or consulate in a neighbouring country with one in their passport already will face a lot of questions and may not be issued with one. The most popular visa run firms here in Bangkok who seem to have connections cannot get tourist visas for those who have just finished a stay in Thailand on the same type of visa. Probably the best known such firm, Jack Golf, is currently telling people that they only provide a border run service and cannot actually assist with the procurement of visas. Even visa agents in Phnom Penh, which until very recently was considered a soft touch, report that the embassy have got tough on anyone who is obviously residing in Thailand on back to back tourist visas. It has been said that this crackdown has come about due to the inordinate number of foreigners living in Thailand on tourist visas. The scapegoats seem to be, somewhat surprisingly, Filipinos who are working in Thailand in increasing numbers. What seems to have people concerned is that this is in fact not a crackdown, but a permanent tightening up in policy at the latest Thai embassy in the region to be known as a softSunrise Tacos touch. Several years ago things got hard at the consulate in Penang which was for a long time the most popular place to get a new visa. Vientiane followed with the Thai embassy there cracking down and declining applications by those who already had a number of tourist visas in their passport. Phnom Penh has seen a surge in applications for tourist visas from those who don't appear to be bona fide tourists and they too have cracked down. The Phnom Penh embassy now asks applicants who seem to exist in Thailand year after year on such visas to provide details of their condo rental contract and Thai bank account. Some people may have inadvertently incriminated themselves by furnishing said documents, the latter of which could very likely show deposits into their account which prove that they are employed!

It is easy to get a long stay visa here.

1. Retirement visa for 49 and older.

2. 15 Month education visa for 22,000 bhats for ALL ages.

So WHY do some people INSIST on repeat and repeat visa runs to Cambodia?

I know one Farang who is married to a Thai lady, has a bar and for years does the visa runs?

Well if Stickman is correct then these regular 'Tourist' visa runs will trickle out.

because they dont want go to school everyday

the money is no problem

people want to be sure..is it compulsory to follow lesson everday ?

or NOT?