Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tourist visa changes

seans

If anyone reads stickman's weekly then they will notice a dramatic shift in Thai policy towards repeat tourist visas.

Stickman Quote......

It seems like only a few weeks ago that I predicted a crackdown on those existing in Thailand on tourist visa after tourist visa, year after year and guess what, that is exactly what has happened! Reports are coming in that Thai embassies and consulates in neighbouring countries are not giving away tourist visas like candy as they used to. Anyone applying for a tourist visa at a Thai embassy or consulate in a neighbouring country with one in their passport already will face a lot of questions and may not be issued with one. The most popular visa run firms here in Bangkok who seem to have connections cannot get tourist visas for those who have just finished a stay in Thailand on the same type of visa. Probably the best known such firm, Jack Golf, is currently telling people that they only provide a border run service and cannot actually assist with the procurement of visas. Even visa agents in Phnom Penh, which until very recently was considered a soft touch, report that the embassy have got tough on anyone who is obviously residing in Thailand on back to back tourist visas. It has been said that this crackdown has come about due to the inordinate number of foreigners living in Thailand on tourist visas. The scapegoats seem to be, somewhat surprisingly, Filipinos who are working in Thailand in increasing numbers. What seems to have people concerned is that this is in fact not a crackdown, but a permanent tightening up in policy at the latest Thai embassy in the region to be known as a softSunrise Tacos touch. Several years ago things got hard at the consulate in Penang which was for a long time the most popular place to get a new visa. Vientiane followed with the Thai embassy there cracking down and declining applications by those who already had a number of tourist visas in their passport. Phnom Penh has seen a surge in applications for tourist visas from those who don't appear to be bona fide tourists and they too have cracked down. The Phnom Penh embassy now asks applicants who seem to exist in Thailand year after year on such visas to provide details of their condo rental contract and Thai bank account. Some people may have inadvertently incriminated themselves by furnishing said documents, the latter of which could very likely show deposits into their account which prove that they are employed!

It is easy to get a long stay visa here.

1. Retirement visa for 49 and older.

2. 15 Month education visa for 22,000 bhats for ALL ages.

So WHY do some people INSIST on repeat and repeat visa runs to Cambodia?

I know one Farang who is married to a Thai lady, has a bar and for years does the visa runs?

Well if Stickman is correct then these regular 'Tourist' visa runs will trickle out.

I am not 50 yet and don't want to study or fake studies. I am not married. What kind of long stay VISA can I get?

Seans, this law-enforcement is in place since months (if not years now).

A lot of "tourist-visa long-stayers" were turned down upon applying for the 4th tourist-visa in a row ("back-to-back tourist-visa).

Nightrider70, you could get married, visit Thai friends or relatives or invest at least THB 10 million.

Seans, this law-enforcement is in place since months (if not years now).

A lot of "tourist-visa long-stayers" were turned down upon applying for the 4th tourist-visa in a row ("back-to-back tourist-visa).

Nightrider70, you could get married, visit Thai friends or relatives or invest at least THB 10 million.

I take the VISA runs over Marriage or THB10.000.000.

The "friends or relatives" option do not appear to work when applying for VISA in my country Sweden. I suppose you talk about non-immigrant O VISA.

The "friends or relatives" option do not appear to work when applying for VISA in my country Sweden. I suppose you talk about non-immigrant O VISA.

22,000 bhats student visa valid for 15 months

3900 bhats for multi exit or 1,900 for single exit and no visa problems.

student visa is available for 10 years

Many Thais consider themselves 1 year old when born so retirement visa is available at age 49

or you can struggle with multi visa runs until you are told... no more.

22,000 bhats student visa valid for 15 months

3900 bhats for multi exit or 1,900 for single exit and no visa problems.

student visa is available for 10 years

Many Thais consider themselves 1 year old when born so retirement visa is available at age 49

or you can struggle with multi visa runs until you are told... no more.

I keep struggle with tourist VISAs until I turn 49/50. If they pull the plugg I may go for a faked student VISA.

I am not 50 yet and don't want to study or fake studies. I am not married. What kind of long stay VISA can I get?

None, you would have to struggle with tourist visas and/or the 30 days stays.

They tightened the non-immigrant visa requirements a while ago in every country.

I keep struggle with tourist VISAs until I turn 49/50. If they pull the plugg I may go for a faked student VISA.

By a 'fake student visa' I assume you mean getting a school to state that you are studying when you are not. A while ago they announced a new policy to combat this. Apparently if a school is caught doing this they will be shut down. It may be difficult to find a school that will do this.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

By a 'fake student visa' I assume you mean getting a school to state that you are studying when you are not. A while ago they announced a new policy to combat this. Apparently if a school is caught doing this they will be shut down. It may be difficult to find a school that will do this.

I understand that by some 'quirk' if you live in Pattaya but your dodgy Ed' Visa comes from Bangkok, Pattaya Immi' don't check up on you.

None of the OP is news, but at least Stickman has explained the changes and the reasons for them quite clearly, as opposed to the previous thread here which implied that it was a worldwide policy rather than a "neighbouring countries" one.

They tightened the non-immigrant visa requirements a while ago in every country.

I see. A friend who is now using marriage VISA keeps telling me to get a O-A non-immigrant VISA by claiming to visit Thai friends. When I check at the Thai consulate visiting Thai friends is not a qualifier, only Thai wife, husband, child or parent. His information may be outdated.

Correct assumtion.

I don't mind to struggle with the tourist VISAs too much because I usualy need a break from Thailand and their lying faces after 90 days anyway.

I see. A friend who is now using marriage VISA keeps telling me to get a O-A non-immigrant VISA by claiming to visit Thai friends. When I check at the Thai consulate visiting Thai friends is not a qualifier, only Thai wife, husband, child or parent. His information may be outdated.

Yes, his information is now out of date. Some consulates were issuing them to just about anyone but not now.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for a multiple entry tourist visa at the Thai Consulate in Chicago by mail this week. They only gave me a single entry tourist visa good for 60 days. I was explicit about the 2 entry tourist visa request and sent them my travel itinerary showing a 6 month stay in Thailand. I did not explain that I would leave Thailand for 2 weeks to visit another country nor show them a purchased airline ticket to leave the country for the 2 weeks. This may have been my mistake. I have never had more than the 30 day visa at entry and I have not been to Thailand in more than a year.

Anyone else have this same problem recently?

visit some local visa shops or law office and for the right price they will sort you out a visa in less than a week.

one way or another many visa shops and law firms are well connected with local immigration office and will help anyone one as i mentioned for the "right price"

"right price" may sound higher than usual, but when you account for the air fares you may need to pay to fly home to renew, visa runs you have to pay, the final amount of the "right price" works out to be cheaper and headache free

I am planning to visit LOS for the first time next month. How long can I stay on my first entry I hope to stay 90 days?...... I am just looking for a warm affordable winter getaway LOL dont drink, bargirls really dont interest me, am I looking at the wrong place?

I am planning to visit LOS for the first time next month. How long can I stay on my first entry I hope to stay 90 days?......

First post a Troll post?

If it's a serious Q - 60 day Tourist Visa + 30 day extesion = 90 days.

I got an email update from the visa company I used last time, which has some helpful info on tourist visas. The company is based in Bangkok but the info is relevant to all who want to renew their tourist visas in neighbouring countries.

Dear friends, with so many rumors and recent changes I would like to inform you about current situation.

In case you have any further questions, please contact me directly.

Thank you

UNLIMITED DAY TRIPS to Ban Laem, we meet now 7am and depart 7.30AM in order to beat the traffic and to come back earlier, you can still go unlimited times to border to do either a 15day stamp or activate another entry of your visa. The border is open 365days.

VIENTIANE/LAOS, for Tourist Visa and Non Immigrant Visa application we still go twice a week to Vientiane/Laos, Sunday and Wednesday night at 7.30PM and depart 8.00PM from parking lot of Tesco/Lotus ON NUT, next to BTS Station ON NUT, just besides the KFC. The Royal Thai Embassy has become very strict and might refuse tourist visa or give single entry tourist visa in the event that you simple had a number of previous Thai Tourist Visa in your current passport. However for a newcomer there is no additional requirement to show to Thai Embassy in Vientiane/Laos.

The consular staff will review the passport and check of how many Thai visas in total you had, regardless of what kind of visa, when or where the visas were issued. There is no fix rule, but it appears the maximum is 2 or 3 previous visas.

For Non Immigrant Visa B and ED application they now enforce the rule that you have to present the WP3letter from Ministry of Labor or Education, however even you got many previous tourist visas or even have the red stamp, you can still apply for a Non Immigrant Visa.

PHNOM PENH/CAMBODIA, we shall restart at of 1st November again.

Initially only once a week, planned schedule in November:1, 14, 21 and 28. In December:6, 12 ,19 and 26. The Embassy will check your passport and if you have 3 or less previous sticker you can still apply for a Double Entry, if you have 4 or more previous sticker you can apply for Single Entry only.

IMPORTANT, you need to prepare these 2 documents

• 1) Proposed Address in Thailand (Hotel, Condo, Apartment, Guest house, Residence with full Address).
  • -Applicants who stay only short period in proposed address must copy the receipt and attach with the Thai ID-card + telephone number of person in charge and write down the detail of the applicant in Thai.(Name:....,Sex.....,Nationality.........,Passportno.....)
  • OR -Applicants who stay long period. Present the lease (rental agreement)+ attach Thai ID- card of certifier with hone number.
  • OR-Applicants, who share with the lessee, stay with the relatives or friend must ask the lessor or landlord to certify the period of stay and attach the Thai ID-card of the certifier with telephone number.
  • OR-Applicants who have Thai boy/girlfriend must copy the Thai ID-card of her/ him and write to certify that you and him/her is boy/girlfriend and exactly living in this address (Full address that you are both staying together).
  • AND 2) Bank Book must copy the updated Bank book/Bank Statement showing the account holder’s name with the balance at least 20,000 Baht. For the visa application process you have to send the Original Bank Book to Embassy.

OTHERS SERVICE: We also arrange 60days extension for THB 12,000.- or 90days extension for THB 14,000.- for any visa and any nationality, except African. Just need Passport and 2id-pictures a week before your current visa expires.

At the moment we offer two options to get yearly visas.

For European Passport we send passport to UK via Malaysia and you will get a multiple entry Non Immigrant Visa B from Hull, US Passport we send passport to US/Florida via Malaysia and you will get a multiple entry Non Immigrant Visa B from there. This takes about 4weeks, cost are for UK THB 29,000.-,for US THB 31,000.- you have to do a visa run every 90days. Maximum stay 15month. Passport and 2 ID-pictures are required.

Second option, in case you wish to convert a Tourist Visa to a Non Immigrant Visa O (marriage + retirement)and a year's extension would cost you THB 29,000.-. With this option I would need the passport 3 weeks before current extension expires. Currently we can get Non Immigrant O for marriage and retirement. For a Non Immigrant ED is possible as well, but you have to pay THB 34,000.-. No Non Immigrant B for the time being.

You will get initial 3 month visa , single entry, if you plan to travel in that period than you have to apply for a re-entry permit(THB1,000for single entry, THB3,800.-for multiple re-entry).

After the first 3 month are nearly used up, about 2weeks before, I will take passport again and extend to a full year.

At that stage you can also choose to get a yearly multiple re-entry permit(THB3,800.-).

You will not be required to show any documents or bankbook, they will come from us.

You just report every 90days the residence at Thai Immigration, no visa runs required, the 90day report is free.

In case you have already Non Immigrant Visa O we can do a year's extension for THB 23,000.-, to get a Non B converted to ED and a year extension can be done for THB 5,000.- addl.. You just have to do the 90day reporting. Also for this option we need passport and 2 ID-pictures.

Non ED visa , many Filipinas can not apply for Non B or Tourist Visa,

they sign up at a language school and get the documents for a Non ED

application in Laos, trip and visa cost THB3,800.-. The schools

charge for one year tuition THB12,500.-(online) up to THB25,000.-(real

study). On top of these cost you have to pay for extension,every

3month, at Thai Immigration THB1,900.-. If you need assistance with

school selection please contact me.

--

K. Amornrat

081-8154803 (English)

088-3377943 (Thai)

Thai Visa Service

by Sawasdee Transport Service Co.,Ltd.

www.thaivisaservice.com

sgu_banner.gif

I got an email update from the visa company I used last time, which has some helpful info on tourist visas. The company is based in Bangkok but the info is relevant to all who want to renew their tourist visas in neighbouring countries.

Still plenty of options there it seems.

I hadn't seen the Bank Book requirement before for Tourist Visas. That could catch a few DIYers out I imagine.

AND 2) Bank Book must copy the updated Bank book/Bank Statement showing the account holder’s name with the balance at least 20,000 Baht. For the visa application process you have to send the Original Bank Book to Embassy.

...and where are they all from ?

TAT 2010.JPG

คนโà¸à¸«à¸à¹€à¸¡à¸·à¹ˆà¸­à¸žà¸§à¸à¹€à¸‚าไม่สามารถจัดà¸à¸²à¸£à¸à¸±à¸šà¸„วามจริง

เวลาที่เราอยู่คนเดียว à¹à¸¥à¹‰à¸§à¸™à¸±à¹ˆà¸‡à¸¡à¸­à¸‡à¹à¸‚นมองดูมือ ดูหน้าตามองตัวเอง ในà¸à¸£à¸°à¸ˆà¸ จะทำให้เà¸à¸´à¸”คำถามมาà¸à¸¡à¸²à¸¢ ที่มาพร้อมคำตอบมาà¸à¸¡à¸²à¸¢à¸žà¸­à¸à¸±à¸™ จะทำให้เราเข้าใจตัวเองà¹à¸¥à¸°à¸Šà¸µà¸§à¸´à¸•à¸¡à¸²à¸à¸‚ึ้นไปอีภอย่ามัวใช้ชีวิตเพื่อทำอะไรมาà¸à¸¡à¸²à¸¢à¹€à¸žà¸·à¹ˆà¸­à¸™à¸„นอื่นอย่างเดียว ทำเพื่อนตัวเองบ้าง ชีวิตเรามันไม่ได้ยาวนานอย่างที่คิดหรอภทำวันนี้เพื่อพรุ่งนี้à¸à¹‡à¸žà¸­à¹à¸¥à¹‰à¸§...

I sent off my tourist visa request near the end of Oct and it was for 2 entries. I called the Thai consulate before I sent the bank certified check to make sure I needed to send 80 dollars for 2 entries. Their reply was, yes you need to send a bank certified check for 40 dollars for each entry. It is now the 7th of November and I haven't received my tourist visa. My consulate was also Chicago.

Buzzy

Went to the thai consult in hull today for 90 day “o” visa was told to bring bank statement to prove i have enough money coming in i applied as a retired person ie : over 50 only tuck the 1st page of my statement this is not enough you have to take the pages that prove where the money is coming from

Went to the thai consult in hull today for 90 day “o” visa was told to bring bank statement to prove i have enough money coming in i applied as a retired person ie : over 50 only tuck the 1st page of my statement this is not enough you have to take the pages that prove where the money is coming from

Sorry, but you're wasting your time trying to sort a Retirement Visa (if that's what you mean) back there.

There are several threads on the topic but you'd be better coming in on a Tourist Visa and applying for an Extension of Stay (Retirement) when you get here. If you qualify then it's very straightforward.

I applied for a multiple entry tourist visa at the Thai Consulate in Chicago by mail this week. They only gave me a single entry tourist visa good for 60 days. I was explicit about the 2 entry tourist visa request and sent them my travel itinerary showing a 6 month stay in Thailand. I did not explain that I would leave Thailand for 2 weeks to visit another country nor show them a purchased airline ticket to leave the country for the 2 weeks. This may have been my mistake. I have never had more than the 30 day visa at entry and I have not been to Thailand in more than a year.

Anyone else have this same problem recently?

Did you pay $80 for a single entry?

No...I only sent a check for 40$. I did not know they charged 80 for the 2 entries as it says nothing about this on the website. Or I missed it. They received my application on a Monday and sent the visa back out the next day. I called after I received the single entry visa and they said they could not discuss why I only received a single entry when I requested a double entry. They said nothing about having to pay 80$ instead of 40$. Next time I will call before sending the application.

I will have to make a visa run once I am in Thailand as I plan to stay 6 months. I will also look into the investment visa while I am there. No one on this forum responded when I posted questions about the Thai investment visa.

Mike

Another route is the VOA (30 day visa) if you fly in and then fly back out, this is availble for 90 of 180 days, this doesn't count towards your tourist visa.

Another route is the VOA (30 day visa) if you fly in and then fly back out, this is availble for 90 of 180 days, this doesn't count towards your tourist visa.

I believe this restriction has been lifted and is now unlimited,

The visa on arrival is only 15 days. However, that is not what many nationalities use. They use a visa waiver program. You are given entry to the country for 30 days. It is not a visa. As pointed out by matsuiman the 90 days in 180 policy was canned a long time ago.