Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai girlfriend says khrap to me, what does it mean when she does?

CockBoy

It's the trans-gender thing in Thailand. If it's too good to be true, it's note true :GoldenSmile1:

OK, joking aside. ryouz's post is exactly right. It's used by women to be cute and used by men to be correct and polite!

Did you give to your lady boy from behind and when finshed she turned around and said CRAP?

• 4 weeks later...

If in doubt about the ladyboy thing, just ask to see her ID. Mostly likely it's because she wants to be cute though.

why o why are ppl always go on about this ladyboy thing. Doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. You EVER heard a LB say "kap"??? The whole point about being a LB is to be seen and accepted as female so they use "ka" way more stringently than an actual girl.

BM ryouz will surely know what he's taking about.

Yeah, same one tongue.gif

Yeah it might be because she want to educate me, but I've already asked her why she says it, and she told me that she didn't really know why she did/do. She just does it because she does it. Might be she just doesn't want me to know why she says it, and that's why she say she doesn't know.

Going to Pattaya around Xmas/NYE?

I suspect she cannot explain it to you in English. It is used although not often by a Thai female to a Thai male to someone close normality used by a teenager (under30).

Also you need to understand that there will be occasions when you have been/will be told yes, as she will have no idea what you have asked but will not wish to (lose face) and will answer yes so don't be angry when this happens.

:wink:

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

It's really common for Thai females, especially older ones, to say krap to men. Happens to me quite often.

When Thai people speak to kids who are learning Thai yet, they tend to use the krap / kah endings to sentences that are appropriate to the gender of the child. If you know a bit of Thai and your TG sees herself as your 'teacher', she may be saying krap for that reason.

Agree; this is the most likely reason. But could be just being cute; I have noticed that a bit.

ladyboys never use krap. They adopt ka long before they start looking the part.

Edited by Micky2

it could mean several things. it's a way to be cute, playful, educational, or it could mean nothing at all

It's a playful thing quite common between couples.

Guessing she's trying to teach you to say the correct thing, so that you don't sound like an idiot farang....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think it has any deep meaning, you might here a girl say it to a kid, might say it to be funny, to sound a little cute, sounds 'cool' or to กวน.

I have heard female friends refer to little kids this way, why?

• 2 months later...