IGNORED

Thai girlfriend says khrap to me, what does it mean when she does?

CockBoy

My thai girlfriend says khrap to me, not ka like other girls do. She does say ka to other people (not sure though if I'm the only one she says khrap to).

Does this mean anything? Does she show me more respect, or does she show me less respect?

Edited by CockBoy

CockBoy AKA Alex AKA Alex the CockBoy AKA Beavis AKA One Bullet Man AKA Comatose AKA Dtia AKA Paper AKA Ghost AKA Eric

"English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?"

"My pissed up motorbike taxi driver might smash me straight into a bus, but that doesn't mean I want to walk everywhere."
-bagel

à¹à¹˜à¹”๘๗๑๒๗๖๕

Does she work at Pook Bar ? :P

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Are you sure she's saying 'khrap'? If she's from Isaan & with the tendency for Thais not to pronounce the final sound of words, 'kap' & 'ka' could sound identical to your ear sometimes. I've heard of males using 'ka' with intimate friends but never vice versa or between male & female.

sgu_banner.gif

:001_Thank_You5: does she say it after you have made love? :unsure: .If so it is crap

chris :GiveBeer1:

Wriggley Tin 1

you just finished barebacking her and she realizes shes out of morning after pill CRAP

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

I think she says it to you to be "cute" and have fun with the language a little bit (a cute couples thing). But if you're trying to speak and learn Thai then she might be saying it with you so you get used to it and don't run around saying "ka" to people.

Is she a ladyboy perchance?

Noooooooo :P

Does she work at Pook Bar ? :P

NOOOOOOOO :D

Are you sure she's saying 'khrap'? If she's from Isaan & with the tendency for Thais not to pronounce the final sound of words, 'kap' & 'ka' could sound identical to your ear sometimes. I've heard of males using 'ka' with intimate friends but never vice versa or between male & female.

Yeah I'm sure it's khrap/khrup, as she does say ka/kah to other people, so I know the difference when she says them.

:001_Thank_You5: does she say it after you have made love? :unsure: .If so it is crap

chris :GiveBeer1:

Lol, no :P It's everywhere where she would say ka.

you just finished barebacking her and she realizes shes out of morning after pill CRAP

Hmm, didn't know she uses morning after pills... :P

I think she says it to you to be "cute" and have fun with the language a little bit (a cute couples thing). But if you're trying to speak and learn Thai then she might be saying it with you so you get used to it and don't run around saying "ka" to people.

Yeah, might be this one. I asked her why and she didn't really know, though she thought it might be because ka is so normal and usual for her to say, so she wants it to be more special or "cure" as you say.

But to me it sounds too masculine when she says it and I'm not a big fan of it... She's a feminine girl, so it doesn't suit her.

Or it might be because khrap is less respectful for her and she thinks I'm a water buffalo... :P

CockBoy AKA Alex AKA Alex the CockBoy AKA Beavis AKA One Bullet Man AKA Comatose AKA Dtia AKA Paper AKA Ghost AKA Eric

"My pissed up motorbike taxi driver might smash me straight into a bus, but that doesn't mean I want to walk everywhere."
-bagel

à¹à¹˜à¹”๘๗๑๒๗๖๕

I don't think it has any deep meaning, you might here a girl say it to a kid, might say it to be funny, to sound a little cute, sounds 'cool' or to กวน.

When Thai people speak to kids who are learning Thai yet, they tend to use the krap / kah endings to sentences that are appropriate to the gender of the child. If you know a bit of Thai and your TG sees herself as your 'teacher', she may be saying krap for that reason.

"I'm on the side that's always lost

against the side of heaven.

I'm on the side of snake eyes tossed

against the side of seven."

I tend to agree with stonepeace. I have seen this on numerous occasions that the adult will speak in gender specific language to young people to teach them proper (and polite) speach. It really shows, in my opinion, that your gf wants you to make a positive impression when speaking Thai.

100% ladyboy!

Always :P

-bagel

à¹à¹˜à¹”๘๗๑๒๗๖๕

she might be saying it with you so you get used to it and don't run around saying "ka" to people.

That would be my guess also.

Kinda like they do with their kids.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

My thai girlfriend says khrap to me, not ka like other girls do. She does say ka to other people (not sure though if I'm the only one she says khrap to).

Does this mean anything? Does she show me more respect, or does she show me less respect?

Hi Alex/Eric/Cock etc. etc. :)

I take it's still the same one you were with in July? As others have said, I guess she wants to "educate" you and give you a good example ? Or maybe you should just ask her? I remember her English was really good, she shouldn't have any problems explaining.

See you again soon in Pattaya hopefully, mate!

Hi Alex/Eric/Cock etc. etc. :)

I take it's still the same one you were with in July? As others have said, I guess she wants to "educate" you and give you a good example ? Or maybe you should just ask her? I remember her English was really good, she shouldn't have any problems explaining.

See you again soon in Pattaya hopefully, mate!

Yeah, same one :P

Yeah it might be because she want to educate me, but I've already asked her why she says it, and she told me that she didn't really know why she did/do. She just does it because she does it. Might be she just doesn't want me to know why she says it, and that's why she say she doesn't know.

Going to Pattaya around Xmas/NYE?

-bagel

à¹à¹˜à¹”๘๗๑๒๗๖๕

Yeah it might be because she want to educate me, but I've already asked her why she says it, and she told me that she didn't really know why she did/do. She just does it because she does it. Might be she just doesn't want me to know why she says it, and that's why she say she doesn't know.

555 She's playing with your mind :P Gonna drive you nuts! :D

Nope, I hate very high season. I'm going back at the end of February for 16 days and again in July and August :Party1: Hope to see you there at some point. Until then, take care :Party4:

Will you be back yourself in December, Cockboy? Maybe we can meet for a beer?

it could mean several things. it's a way to be cute, playful, educational, or it could mean nothing at all

cases in point

thai mothers usually ends the sentences with 'krub' to their young sons

vice versa for thai fathers using 'ka' to their daughters

possibly to program them that it's a good thing to use those words

i myself have used ka' to my girlfriends as a kinda-sorta term of endearment

gee-wiz

there are variations in saying krub other than traditional 'krub' such as kraaab, hub, ha

the same goes to 'ka' like ka ka' ka^ ka+

and there are ha', ja', and na'.. even a'

all of which annotate different implications

how do i know this? ... i'm thai

LOS!

it means send me more money please :-)

yeah, im guessing its either that or she things im as stupid as a little child and thinks im going to run around say 'ka' to everyone :P

-bagel

à¹à¹˜à¹”๘๗๑๒๗๖๕

Will you be back yourself in December, Cockboy? Maybe we can meet for a beer?

Oh yeah, December 17th to January 8th. Always up for a beer.

My girlfriend says it to me as well, it sort of a closeness thing I guess.

Cool, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

it could mean several things. it's a way to be cute, playful, educational, or it could mean nothing at all

cases in point

thai mothers usually ends the sentences with 'krub' to their young sons

vice versa for thai fathers using 'ka' to their daughters

possibly to program them that it's a good thing to use those words

i myself have used ka' to my girlfriends as a kinda-sorta term of endearment

gee-wiz

there are variations in saying krub other than traditional 'krub' such as kraaab, hub, ha

the same goes to 'ka' like ka ka' ka^ ka+

and there are ha', ja', and na'.. even a'

all of which annotate different implications

how do i know this? ... i'm thai

So I guess it might be like you say a term of endearment, which is the one that seems most likely (she's not my mother, so...... :P )

-bagel

à¹à¹˜à¹”๘๗๑๒๗๖๕

I tend to agree with stonepeace. I have seen this on numerous occasions that the adult will speak in gender specific language to young people to teach them proper (and polite) speach. It really shows, in my opinion, that your gf wants you to make a positive impression when speaking Thai.

Yes that's the normal reason