IGNORED

So what's for Dinner, Teelack?

Sa-teef

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mmmmmmmm aloy mak!!!

Posted Image

The food looks absolutely scrumptious! Is the food at restaurants good like this, or do I have to find a TGF to cook for me? (I'd rather eat at a restaurant or eat some street food than get a TGF, if possible.)

The food looks absolutely scrumptious! Is the food at restaurants good like this, or do I have to find a TGF to cook for me? (I'd rather eat at a restaurant or eat some street food than get a TGF, if possible.)

Many of the restaurants are fine and you will have a great selection to choose from. Examples of the same fare (pat pak ruem gai kai dow ) from different Thai restaurants in my neighborhood.

DSC04596WW.jpg

DSC03699WW.jpg

DSC01730www.jpg

DSC02559WWW.jpg

DSC02991ww.jpg

All between 30 and 45 baht per plate.

Just use your eyes and common sense. Noticing which place is busy can be an indication for you as well. Thais love to eat and if they are cheek to cheek to get in the place it might tell you that the food is tasty there.

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

Home cooked Thai food last night:

Vegetable soup with ground pork (it's on of my favorites, sorry) and pat pak ruem moo with thin sliced pork.

With the flash:

DSC09433www.jpg

.........and without the flash.

DSC09432www.jpg

And tonight: Tom ka gai.

DSC00081tomkagai.jpg

She didn't have the mushrooms so she added more cabbage and sweet peppers. She knows what I like. :)

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

Home cooked Thai food last night:

Vegetable soup with ground pork (it's on of my favorites, sorry) and pat pak ruem moo with thin sliced pork.

With the flash:

.........and without the flash.

And tonight: Tom ka gai.

She didn't have the mushrooms so she added more cabbage and sweet peppers. She knows what I like. :)

.... why don't you let that poor girl eat some farang food now and again? :P

.... why don't you let that poor girl eat some farang food now and again? :P

As I remember it, you & I were eating Thai food and our ladies both ordered falang food? :wacko:

This is Thailand so it makes perfect sense........!!!! :D

Night before last: some sort of stir fry with chicken.

DSC00083wwwt.jpg

...and last night one of my favorites.

Green curry with chicken and egg plant.

DSC00090wwwt.jpg

DSC00094wwwt.jpg

~Steve

Last night: tom yam gai.

DSC00761www.jpg

Tonight: tom kha gai

DSC01204www.jpg

....and stir-fried veggies with a little pork and a whole lot of garlic.

DSC01209www.jpg

Aloy for me. fundance.gif

More Thai food. Aloy for me.

DSC01889food.jpg

DSC02002food.jpg

DSC02004food.jpg

DSC02006food.jpg

Looks gross, but the scrambled eggs with zucchini and sweet peppers was delicious.

DSC02012food.jpg

~Steve

And dinner one night last week ....

P1000930.jpg

...... always get a kick out of the TGF bringing the vegetables with her from the garden .... this time on the plane!

More Thai food.

DSC02909ff5.jpg

DSC02901ff5.jpg

DSC02912ff5.jpg

DSC02919ff5.jpg

DSC03456toyomgai.jpg

Aloy for me. coolsmiley-happy088.gif

coolgroupwave.gifcoolgroupwave.gifcoolgroupwave.gifcoolgroupwave.gif

glad to see I'm not the only one who gets fed very very well !!

Aroy, mak mak

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

It seems like there isn't as much variety with Thai food as with Falang food. My TGF has made all these dishes for me before and I find myself bored with it now and can't think of anything to ask her to make or buy that I haven't tried before. Any ideas?

I knew I had some others from this past week.

DSC03293food3.jpg

She tried a couple different dishes with beef this past week.

DSC03180food2.jpg

DSC03302food4.jpg

Aloy, but a waste on me because I'm not particularly fond of beef anymore.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"It seems like there isn't as much variety with Thai food as with Falang food. My TGF has made all these dishes for me before and I find myself bored with it now and can't think of anything to ask her to make or buy that I haven't tried before. Any ideas?"

Head out to a good Thai restaurant and try some new things. Lots of variety in Thai food, but the teelack is cooking to suit me and sticking with eight or ten proven winners to satisfy my taste. There are plenty of Thai fish and seafood dishes that I'm not crazy about but many people enjoy.

I have been to a few and even though the menu is big it seems like it is just different combinations of the same dish. I even scoured the internet as well and couldn't find anything I haven't tried.

Loving your thread :GrinNod1:

Who do I need to charm to get a dinner invitation ?

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

I have been to a few and even though the menu is big it seems like it is just different combinations of the same dish. I even scoured the internet as well and couldn't find anything I haven't tried.

So I guess it's back to fish & chips with mushy peas for you? :o

It seems like there isn't as much variety with Thai food as with Falang food. My TGF has made all these dishes for me before and I find myself bored with it now and can't think of anything to ask her to make or buy that I haven't tried before. Any ideas?

So I guess it's back to fish & chips with mushy peas for you? :o

No need for the chippie why not fried seabass, or salted and baked? Served with some rice and dipping sauce?

My GF likes to try different foods... Thai stuff, just not Isaan .... Pad Thai for example .... just be prepared that it will take her a few tries to get it right, cause they really only know how to cook Isaan food.

mee-ang kam is also excellent ... should be able to buy it at the markets ... then get the GF to replicate ... aroy!

Archived