IGNORED

Is it wise to just walk in and not book a hotel ?

killmon

Hey Fellas ,

Am on my way to pattaya this month(september) for 4 nights . Been there once but only for a night , cried like a baby the next day as i was leaving for Bangkok :Cry3: . Didnt know it was so fun :Awesome: . I dont own a credit card nor know how the paypal works . So i decided to just come without any reservation . Is that wise ??? Given the low season . Loved Page10 but it seems it's full . Where can i stay ?? I dont give a rat's ass bout the pool, wi-fi, breakfast, noise, ... But perfers in the centre of everything (not inside WS) , guest friendly , a balcony and a safe ... 2000 Bht n below per night . Please help this poor fool . :Cry3:

P.S. Does it really rain a lot in september?? :001_Thank_You5:

I was wondering the same thing about booking online or just going as a walk-in... I hope I catch the tale end of all the rain that comes in Sept. But I hope you do enjoy yourself dude!

No Problem turning up without a pre booking , in fact best deals are available face to face I reckon .

Low season yes. High season no. I'd say starting around October it will start becoming a bad idea not to prebook.

Low season yes. High season no. I'd say starting around October it will start becoming a bad idea not to prebook.

I agree, I would not take my chances in high season, where they might even jack up the prices to you if you walk in (that is, if there are rooms available).

I'm sure many had no issues walking in and finding great deals, but the few times I tried that in Bangkok they quoted me a higher price than was listed on agoda.

I pretty much just book everything online through agoda or the hotel itself (Agoda is usually cheaper I find). Even if it's just for a few days, I book online first, then search around to see the best prices for my budget. At least it's guaranteed and hassle free.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

u can always find something the only time i was out was New Years Eve last year.. Patts was packed to the max.

you might have to crash at a half ass dump the first night ..but you will find something decent the next and for 2k.. holy shit..... very nice

Walk in rates are always pretty good and you might be able to even negotiate a better rate. But you need to be careful as the season picks up and it may have started to pick up now.

Weekends can also be busy as many people from Bangkok head this way.

No Problem turning up without a pre booking , in fact best deals are available face to face I reckon .

maybe in a small guesthouse when your talking with the owner , but in a bigger hotel my expereince is the massive buying groups like Agoda, Asia rooms etc will do better than negotiating yourself.

Ive had a case where i showed reception the asia room price and she said she couldnt match that if i wanted that price i had to book online via Asia rooms.

Generally I book and pay in advance because I know where I am staying. One option is to book the first 2-3 nights which leaves you scope to walk around and check the walk-in rates.

I made a last minute trip last NYE and booked a 1-BR at Residence Garden on Thapraya Road no problems. In the peak season I would book ahead....

My experience is rack price always are higher than pre-booked. You may be able to negotiate ( depend on you skill) however there's a catch; if the duty manager for some reason isn't at the reception you could find you self waiting for ages and, possible, for nothing.

Best advice is you only in for a couple of days; book a decent room in advance.

As already mentioned any time of the year except the 2 weeks over Christmas and new year will be fine to walk in, over the Christmas period book well in advance.

I stayed at ths seaveiw I had only booked a few day's. But I could't get as good of price as on line. Went to internet cafe It maybe worth taking the time to set up a pay pal account it's not that hard if you have a bank accout. If you can't do that, pick the area you want, If the 1st hotel is full ask if they have a place to store your bags, 4 days you may not need to. You may pay a little more walking in but for four day's' I wouldn't waste much time looking for a loom.

The simple FACTS are these

You will ALWAYS find a room in Pattaya, so walking in is fine.

However, the more popular hotels are often full, even in low season, so you may NOT get your first choice OR for the full duration. You may also find yourself shifted from room to room as they accommodate other bookers.

Booking in advance avoids trudging around with your suitcase, thats for sure.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

There is soooooooooooooo much accommodation in Pattaya you will always get something. It may not be exactly what you'd like but there will always be something available, it's impossible for every single hotel & guesthouse to be full. A couple years ago I came down from BKK in the early afteroon on NYE. I was with a Thai gal and I left her in a restaurant in Soi Buakhao with our luggage and went walking around, within 30 minutes I had found an OK room with AC/cable TV for about 600Bt a night.

I problem I had was at customs, when she ask where I stay didn't really like the "I find when I get there answer" she told me next time you have hotel already ok. think I'll just make one up, never booked before I go, like to wing it when Im there

I problem I had was at customs, when she ask where I stay didn't really like the "I find when I get there answer" she told me next time you have hotel already ok. think I'll just make one up, never booked before I go, like to wing it when Im there

Yes this may become a requirement in order to get a tourist visa in the future, you must have prebooked accommodation. Anyway, whenever I enter the country and on the form it says address in Thailand I just put anything in there. Apex hotel Pattaya. or Dusit Thani hotel Bangkok. How about Nana hotel or the Grace hotel?

Thanks for the useful advice offered on this thread. I'm planning a trip in a couple of months and was unsure whether to book ahead or just walk-in when I arrive. I've found in other places I've been to that I've gotten a good deal simply by walking around.

One thing to keep in mind for those contemplating whether to book ahead or walk-in is how "girl-friendly" the hotel is. it kind of puts a damper on things if you book a room and have problems bringing a girl to your room later on.

One thing to keep in mind for those contemplating whether to book ahead or walk-in is how "girl-friendly" the hotel is. it kind of puts a damper on things if you book a room and have problems bringing a girl to your room later on.

I'm not sure what you mean.

I travel to Pattaya for the cultural exhibits.

Yes there may be plenty of rooms available, but who wants to walk around in that heat, maybe carrying your belongings with you, from hotel to hotel trying to get a good price (and wondering if they're trying to mark up prices or say only the high priced ones available).

Best thing to do as mentioned before is to book online one hotel, maybe a day or two, see how it is, then on your 'free' time walk around and ask about availability, prices, etc.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Very rarely book....just decide in the taxi on the way down .

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

ive been coming to pattaya since 2003 and ive never booked a hotel,

they always have cheaper room prices than what is on there websites

when you come in person,although i only travel sept/oct.

december/jan.you should probly book a room

I'm not sure what you mean.

I travel to Pattaya for the cultural exhibits.

Hopefully, I will be seeing those same cultural exhibits in a couple of months. :wink:

I think mostly walk in price better.

But maybe some more expensive hotels you will get better price by brebooking.