IGNORED

Dentists in Pattaya

darraman

Am looking to head to Pattaya for holidays in October - (too long away) and looking to combine some pain with the pleasure. Previously used the Bangkok International Dental Centre but would like to see if there are any good dental practices in Pattaya so that I can stay in the one place for my trip. If anybody has any suggestions or thoughts, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Charlie,

Does Pattaya International Hospital have a dental clinic attached to the hospital and if so, how do I go about making an appointment to see Dr. Ari and also have a look at fees? Previously with BIDC I was able to detail what work I wanted done through visting a dentist here in Oz and then bringing my xrays the dentists at BIDC knew exactly what needed to be done and there were no hidden surprises with extra costs. Used the free system here for the check up, then on the big plane to the land of smiles to improved my smile. Works out so much cheaper. Has anyone else been able to do this as well?

Darraman

I went to a dentist in Soi Baukow near the corner of Soi Dianna.

BK Dental was the name. I only had a teeth cleaning and whiting but the place was so clean and the dentist was really really hot!

I was recommended the place from a friend who had a lot of work done.

Highly recommended!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Hey Supreme,

Thanks for the information. Will have a look to see if they have a website so I can check it out. Hopefully they will have a few pictures of the dentists to help me make up my mind. Now that would be an intersting experience.

Hey Charlie,

Does Pattaya International Hospital have a dental clinic attached to the hospital and if so, how do I go about making an appointment to see Dr. Ari and also have a look at fees? Previously with BIDC I was able to detail what work I wanted done through visting a dentist here in Oz and then bringing my xrays the dentists at BIDC knew exactly what needed to be done and there were no hidden surprises with extra costs. Used the free system here for the check up, then on the big plane to the land of smiles to improved my smile. Works out so much cheaper. Has anyone else been able to do this as well?

Darraman

The clinic is inside the hospital. Best to call them and ask your questions. With me the exam was free provided I did the work she recommended, which I did. She also has a two year warranty on her work.

Have a look here: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/81683-dental-clinic-pattaya-international-hospital/page__p__1287241__fromsearch__1#entry1287241

Edited by CheapCharlie

I have just literally come back from Dentist@Beach in Central Festival with my fried who had a crown done

Met the well spoken of Dr. Cherry - she works there and in her own practice on Pattaya Klang

Perfect person for the job - precise English, confident and not trying to get money out of you for things you do not need.

She can also be emailed in advance and you can send her your X-Rays and she gives you a precise schedule of costs and timings as well as organising appointments there and then

Gets my vote - and the prices at both clinics are the same in case you think you pay more by going to Central.

For bigger X Rays in Pattaya you will have to go to her clinic - but can be treated @ Central

I have just literally come back from Dentist@Beach in Central Festival with my fried who had a crown done

Met the well spoken of Dr. Cherry - she works there and in her own practice on Pattaya Klang

Perfect person for the job - precise English, confident and not trying to get money out of you for things you do not need.

She can also be emailed in advance and you can send her your X-Rays and she gives you a precise schedule of costs and timings as well as organising appointments there and then

Gets my vote - and the prices at both clinics are the same in case you think you pay more by going to Central.

For bigger X Rays in Pattaya you will have to go to her clinic - but can be treated @ Central

Socrates,

Thanks very much for that information. Will contact them to look at organising a quote for the dental work I need done. Sounds like a reputable dentistry with qualified dentists.

Darraman

Do you have contact info?

Socrates,

Can you send me over some further details - contact email and name of dentist so that I can get in touch wiht them?

Do you have contact info?

I wouldn't recommend Dentist@Beach i had a bad experience there. The best one i've tried is the dental department at Pattaya International Hospital Dr Buddhachart 038 428374

[/quote

Dentist at@Beach is friggin expensive nearly 4 times the price of what we found elsewhere.

I wouldn't recommend Dentist@Beach i had a bad experience there. The best one i've tried is the dental department at Pattaya International Hospital Dr Buddhachart 038 428374

did you see Dr Cherry?

I only recommend when you go there you see Dr Cherry

Dentist at@Beach is friggin expensive nearly 4 times the price of what we found elsewhere.

So you are saying at YOUR place

an implant is 12,000 baht

Tooth cleaning is 200 baht

etc etc

Please can you provide us with the details of your dentist for these prices then we can all take advantage

Most of the dentist shops - do not have a dentist on site - they are shop fronts with dentist facilities - they book you an appointment and then the dentist visits from another/or their own practice

Your experience may have been a good one , and you may have got a price that you were happy with and that is what is important ( was not trying to discredit you, apologies if it came out that way)

as far as me comparing and me putting my details in, all I'll say is $8,000 Aussie dollars saved (not BHT) at Hollywood Dental

Job done in Australia about 12,000 ( Aussie dollars)

Dentist@beach 11,000 ( Aussie Dollars)

Hollywood Dental 3,000 (Aussie Dollars)

AT least go and get a quote, If your experience is different to mine ,all well and good, at least you have a look around and compare value , and this dentist did the work and he has his own place he operates as well

Your experience may have been a good one , and you may have got a price that you were happy with and that is what is important ( was not trying to discredit you, apologies if it came out that way)

as far as me comparing and me putting my details in, all I'll say is $8,000 Aussie dollars saved (not BHT) at Hollywood Dental

Job done in Australia about 12,000 ( Aussie dollars)

Dentist@beach 11,000 ( Aussie Dollars)

Hollywood Dental 3,000 (Aussie Dollars)

AT least go and get a quote, If your experience is different to mine ,all well and good, at least you have a look around and compare value , and this dentist did the work and he has his own place he operates as well

I think you have confused your exchange rates somewhere

11,000 dollars is around 340,000 baht that 85,000 baht per implant

My friend was quoted 48,000 baht for one implant even if you multiplied that up you would get 192,000 baht - if you were having 4 done at the same time the cost would obviously be greatly reduced but lets say it was not its nowhere near 4 times as much is it!

You paid 3,000 Aus Dollars - thats 92,000 baht for 4 so it sounds like your dentist is about 50% cheaper - if you were confident in the dentist and the results are good then thats all that matters

I am going to bring my dad over next year to get 3-4 implants so I will check your dentist out- thanks for the heads up

Thanks for all the information back guys and definitely a quote is the way to go. At least I know now that there are reputable dentists in Pattaya and so will not have to leave to get my work done. Then I can have a smile in the land of smiles. Who knows, might even knock a few years off me.

Darraman.

I was at the Smile Dentist Clinic close to Third Road and all there looked very professional, and they all could speak decent English. But it didn't take me more than 15 minutes to see that they were after my money, even though I knew it would be expensive as I had several advanced fillings to do after some bad work in Norway.

I went there to fix two of my teeths, but they said I needed to get five of them fixed or it would be critical. I know two of my teeths are in really bad shape, but the 3 other teeths I've never heard anything about earlier. They said total of 80.000 bath (!!!), and I clearly asked them if they wanted to use Thai Gold to fill my teeths, in an ironic way. I payed 300 bath for the X-Ray and left, without saying a word.

When I'm done working now (in about five weeks) I'll need to fix these two teeths as it's getting pretty critical and going around with small pain in my mouth. Could anyone advice a good and serious dentist which can perform advanced fixing with decent prizes? I'll try to ask the clinics that already have been adviced here, but still say thanks for further clinics that people use regulary.

Edited by demigod

Some expat friends of mine recommended the following dentist when I was there last July.

Dental-i-deas(Dr Bee),Pattaya Klang Rd,300m before Sukhumvit Rd just past the Big C shopping complex.

1st visit-X-ray + tooth extraction + pain tablets - 1150B;

2nd visit-tooth extraction - 800B;

Ph. 089250757 or 038716444 for appointment. Open 10am-8pm, pain free (and it was).

I had these teeth extracted on consecutive days. You need to make an appointment. I took moto taxis to and from.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Some expat friends of mine recommended the following dentist when I was there last July.

Dental-i-deas(Dr Bee),Pattaya Klang Rd,300m before Sukhumvit Rd just past the Big C shopping complex.

1st visit-X-ray + tooth extraction + pain tablets - 1150B;

2nd visit-tooth extraction - 800B;

Ph. 089250757 or 038716444 for appointment. Open 10am-8pm, pain free (and it was).

I had these teeth extracted on consecutive days. You need to make an appointment. I took moto taxis to and from.

I can recommend Dr Bee as well. She did some work cutting my gums which i thought would be really painful. She did it very quickly without any pain and cheap as well.