IGNORED

Free sim cards at the airport

rouge diablo

I read on a post here but can't for the life of me remember where I read it about someone picking up a free sim card up at the airport, can anyone expand on this? Thanks.

i travelled first class with etihad once and thay give us all free sim cards as we left the plane in bkk, maybe thats what people were on about.. :Dictionary:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I travelled cabin class with Etihad in May /June, and got the sim card. So don't know if its an Etihad thing or they offer to all arrivals.

The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental.

I've flown with Air Asia, BA and Quantas and never had a free SIM, so must be an Etihad thing

The first time I arrived in Thailand I travelled to Phuket.

They were giving out free sim cards there where people were waiting for their baggage.

Not sure why I did not pick one up then...I think someone told me that they were the most expensive company to make calls with.

SIM cards are easy to get...I would personally suggest you go with 123Call.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Previously they're giving out free SIM cards after the immigration counter, but i guess now the promotion is over..

Recommended to use Dtac if you don't stay in Thailand for long time, because you can change the plan to "Simple" plan IIRC, and for every top-up (Minimum is 60 baht), the validity will extend to 365 days. So you don't have to change your SIM card every time you go to Thailand. :)

For 12Call/AIS, for every 100 baht i think, will only increase the validity by 2 weeks +, so every time you go back, you'll need a new SIM card.

Edited by Garbage

It's likely Eithad has a business interest or partnership with the company. Air Asia has an interest in one of the carriers in Malaysia. Although they didn't give the SIMs out for free, they did have plenty of booths promoting the mobile carrier. I would assume the thing thing is going on.

Previously they're giving out free SIM cards after the immigration counter, but i guess now the promotion is over..

Recommended to use Dtac if you don't stay in Thailand for long time, because you can change the plan to "Simple" plan IIRC, and for every top-up (Minimum is 60 baht), the validity will extend to 365 days. So you don't have to change your SIM card every time you go to Thailand. :)

For 12Call/AIS, for every 100 baht i think, will only increase the validity by 2 weeks +, so every time you go back, you'll need a new SIM card.

I get a new SIM card everytime i go to thailand. for those that i want to know it, i send a quick text. for those that i don't want to know it.... :GrinNod1:

it can, and has, saved a few issues.

just a thought

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

I get a new SIM card everytime i go to thailand. for those that i want to know it, i send a quick text. for those that i don't want to know it.... :GrinNod1:

it can, and has, saved a few issues.

Until you pass by their bar..LOL

etihad have given me one last three times in economy class

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Until you pass by their bar..LOL

yep! it's happened, takes a bit of quick talken too!

:Hit_Self:

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

There is always free AOT Sim cards when you arrive in Phuket airport...I picked up a few for the next few trips.Do they have them at BKK airport?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

There are infrequent promotions offering free simcards in Suvanapuhm. Never know in advance so it's just a lucky strike.

Sim cards and phone time is dirt cheap though, jest go to any 7/11 and buy one.

I always get a new simcard in 7/11, and I believe the price is 49 baht. Then you have to Top Up your simcard and are ready to call.

I doesn't cost you much to get started.

Just my two cents.

Free today - Pay tomorrow

Oman air give out free sim to all their customers as you walk into BKK airport from the plane.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

In december 2010 I got a free sim card with 20 Bath (Dtac) just as I stepped of the Qatar aeroplan at Bangkok airport. It was special tourist style as it was walid for 45 days. I was very glad for this gift. I filled it up with another 60 Bath at the Dtac counter at 2 floor in the airport building.

Edited by Hedonis

The last 2 times i have gotten off the KLM flight they have been handing out free Happy sim cards.

but yea i prefer 1-2-call as well

JimmyJam

thanks for that ...i,ll be arriving via a KLM flight might just grab myself one

cheers

sloth :001_Thank_You5:

It was a calling card last time. I still have it at my house. I will just re up my cheap phone when I arrive, 15 bucks for the trip.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

I've flown with Air Asia, BA and Quantas and never had a free SIM, so must be an Etihad thing

i never received any free simm card so ethihad thing it is

Got a Dtac sim card at BKK in January. Still have it and will refill it next week when I go again. I have no idea if its still possible to refill it. If not I just get a new one.

Only use it if to call my friend I always travel with if we need to meet up after getting lost from each other. And to give to girls when they ask of course :-) No way I give them my real number back home ;-)

I got free sim card on airport too. But somebody from thai people told me it is promotion and calling is not same cheap as another sim cards. I am using 1,2 Call and I am satisfied this company.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I remember they were givin free TRUEmove international sim cards before, a couple of years ago. I thought maybe it was a one off but, maybe they have a promotion on sometimes. I been on Etihad flight before to BKK never got a free sim card on the plane tho. TRUE is an expensive network, for local calls besides the international discounts they offer... DTAC is shit coverage but cheapest and 12call is the best value. Thats my opinion.

Believe half of what you see, and nothing that you hear

A free SIM card is not the big thing, it's important what they charge you for your calls. I have got a few times a free SIM card, but there had been only a few bath on and the charges had been higher than with a bought SIM card. You have this kind of promotion not only in Thailand, also from time to time in Hongkong and China. But my experience is to avoid these promotions as you get in any 7/11 a better deal. Just check what card fits to your needs - offer the best rates.