IGNORED

Please explain jomtien beach

CrazyNyoung

I went there once to sit on a beach for a day with a LT girl. Besides that I dont know anything about the bars there. They looked like they had some hot ones but I was in a tuktuk and couldn't see well. Anyone have suggestions on bars to go to there?

PS I went to the gogo there.... wasn't very good

• 2 months later...

i stayed there on soi 4 for 2 weeks. i explored the area, its mostly for expats and long time tourists. not much for heavy drinking and girls. best to stay around pat beach/ WS.

I have stayed there a couple of times. There is plenty of bars to find some mischief. Try the main street where Jomtien Complex is. Soi's 5 and 7 off the beach road and the new complex near the market (non-beach end of Soi 7). There is a multitude of new bars in that complex to explore. There is some good massage shops around as well.

You are right, the go-go is very average with 1000 baht barfine (as discussed in another thread here). It cant be compared to the WS gogos so if that is your thing, hop on the baht bus.

I went there once to sit on a beach for a day with a LT girl. Besides that I dont know anything about the bars there. They looked like they had some hot ones but I was in a tuktuk and couldn't see well. Anyone have suggestions on bars to go to there?

PS I went to the gogo there.... wasn't very good

IMO i must say if you avoid sometimes of the trouble and rip of

in WS it's a most go,for me,to go to jomtien soi 4----to 8.there you

can also get every think like in WS,but with more chill out factor.

there are nice small bars to hang around,drink some beer and chill.

May be better you take a girl with you,but not a must do.Cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 5 months later...

cheers

Thanks for your long winded accounts and impressions of life in Jomtien!! :GoldenSmile1: Hows your post count doing?

I love Jomtien and along Beach road, no hassle at all, never seen a Jet ski scam yet and spent 4 holidays there and stayed at a different hotel each time and all hotels were faultless. find that the girls are not pushy and you can have long chats with them.

will be there this time next week. staying up on soi 9 for the second time with a nice OZ bar which supplies a good breakfast.

One thing that gets me about Jomtien, the first time i arrived, It was like a ghost town, Very ran down but find that its now coming alive and another thing, its just 10 baht to sin city.

^

Hey Malct, when you get there can you ask the owner if he has Shells number, he used to be the owner before,

when it was Poppies Bar. cheers.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and found it to be quite peaceful. A lot of Russians were there. It was nice to change scenery for a day as Beach Road can get a little hectic at times!

Russians should be thinning out a bit now, their holiday season is over.

Hi Gadget

is that the owner of the outback? will pm you the number if i get it

Howdy, new owners from Aus, but he still has Shells number, he plays pool with him, shell sold him the bar.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

HI all, i usually stay in Jom. for a month or so keeping it as HQ. and moving back and forth.... its a great place and patts. is around the corner so to speak. As far as activities well up to u.... i like taking things @ my own pace. what also helps is that over the years i made friends with people whom have been living there for @least 10+ years. Its great just enjoy it the way u want.....

I always stay in Jomtien... I have never stayed in Pattaya proper.

It's cheaper, more open, and more relaxed. Less hassle and less bullshit from touts.

However, the bars suck. Beach freelancers are scary. You gotta take a ride to Pattaya for sex.

As for the one and only agogo, I've never actually been there because the only time I'm near it is when I'm on a scooter on my way to Patts...

I like it because I don't like loudness, drunks, and don't drink much. I usually stay at the upper sois near the beach and it's super relaxing and quiet out there and that's what I like. Probably not a good fit for most visitors, though.

I also prefer to stay in Jomtien as I like the quiet. When the mood takes me I jump in a baht bust for 10b and head to pattaya.

However there is plenty of girls in the beer bars if I want to stay local.

I am just back from Thailand and will hopefully post a trip report in the next few days.

When I was in Jomtien Beach last month, I was surprise to see how much they have geared it to accommodate Russians.

From several conversations that I have had with BMs....they are grabbing a lot of real estate at this present moment.

There intentions.....it is hard to say.

I am in jomiten at the Moment and one thing that i can say, Their is no Russians drinking in the bars, well not the bars that i have been in. most of the Russians are couples and family's.

one thing about the Russians, The ladies can be drop dead good looking,

• 7 months later...

I am in jomiten at the Moment and one thing that i can say, Their is no Russians drinking in the bars, well not the bars that i have been in. most of the Russians are couples and family's.

one thing about the Russians, The ladies can be drop dead good looking,

the women can be amazing. i love tall women. my buddies always have a good laugh when i whip around to check out what turns out to be a ladyboy. do the Russians drink at home (hotel)? it seems like i see them more in the daytime than evening.

My first trips I stayed in Jomtien with Thai Wife and daughter at Nirvana Boutique on Soi 4. Jomtien is pretty cheap and chilled. Plenty of laid back bars, a slightly better beach than Pattaya with a mix of tourists and locals down from wherever.

For hard-core types it is better to stay in Pattaya and come down to Jomtien in day times for recovery in a deck chair, away from the noisy Pattaya beach hustle n bustle.

Something a little different try Fantasy Bar Jomtien Complex, IMO the best stocked bar in the area

• 10 months later...

I own a Condo in Jomtien and I'm glad; if I need Pattaya it's up the road and only 10baht or less than an hours walk.

• 4 weeks later...

I own a Condo in Jomtien and I'm glad; if I need Pattaya it's up the road and only 10baht or less than an hours walk.

WALK !! Are you sure !

I am pretty fit and dont mind a walk but , fuck that !

Have you seriously walked from Jontiem beach to Patts ??

If so , you must have stopped at various watering holes along the way .

I tried walking from Jomtien to Pattaya once but it was too hot and humid and I gave up at the hill.

But I did walk from Pattaya to Jomtien with some guys who do it regularly to spend the day on the beach, and it took less than an hour I think.

I guess in high season , after 7 pm when the baht buses are full to the brim , walking to Patts / WS is an option as the sun is not an issue .

Still a long way though !!! If I done it i would probably check out a couple of beer bars on the route .....

WALK !! Are you sure !

I am pretty fit and dont mind a walk but , fuck that !

Have you seriously walked from Jontiem beach to Patts ??

If so , you must have stopped at various watering holes along the way .

I do it almost every day for exercise from Theppisist to Soi 2 in Pattaya and back.

Archived