Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

I want to keep the same thai number

doctorsam17

Hi, is it possible to keep the same thai mobile number after not using it for a few months? Because last times i was not able to use my number anymore, and had to get a new card.

It would be much easier for me if i could keep the same number, so i was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

Thanks !

Hi, is it possible to keep the same thai mobile number after not using it for a few months? Because last times i was not able to use my number anymore, and had to get a new card.

It would be much easier for me if i could keep the same number, so i was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

Thanks !

When you have very good TGF she can top up your telephone repeatedly. When I leave Pats I gave here 500 B and she top up every month 100 B.

Edited by THAJEC

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

When you have very good TGF she can top up your telephone repeatedly. When I leave Pats I gave here 500 B and she top up every month 100 B.

Yes but is there any other way (like now, i can't do that anymore), to just retrieve the number?

But if its not possible, thats a good idea, thanks for it!

Yes but is there any other way (like now, i can't do that anymore), to just retrieve the number?

But if its not possible, thats a good idea, thanks for it!

You could Paypal a friendly BM who lives there to go and buy a top up card (receipt) from 7/11 and send you the credit code to enter in the phone.

can´t you save the numbers in the phone memory instead of on the sim card, i had done that earlier and my last trip the numbers was still on the phone, if not i maybe can help you top it up in a month or so depends on if it´s still valid guess it´s from january and i don´t know for how long the thai sims are valid in sweden i think it´s a year

Steffe82

Thai numbers are valid only 3 months after expiration.

Can you remember last time you checked your balance in Thailand - what's the expiration date?

3 months after that, the number will be for sale again in Thailand.

AIS numbers validity can be extended for B30 per month. (*500*9# ) call out.

I guess you not have international roaming activated before you left Thailand, so no help if any BM send you a 7/11 refill, as you don't get a line out from your country.

However if you have TRUE Sim card, they are said to be open for international roaming (can not confirm this).

Thanks !

You can buy a 12 month sim card, every time you top up, another 12 months....

OR... you can phone up the phone company and get it changed to a 12 month top up.

Edit: I have 2, 12 month sim cards, one for business and one for pleasure.

Edited by GorGuy

Thai numbers are valid only 3 months after expiration.

Can you remember last time you checked your balance in Thailand - what's the expiration date?

3 months after that, the number will be for sale again in Thailand.

AIS numbers validity can be extended for B30 per month. (*500*9# ) call out.

I guess you not have international roaming activated before you left Thailand, so no help if any BM send you a 7/11 refill, as you don't get a line out from your country.

However if you have TRUE Sim card, they are said to be open for international roaming (can not confirm this).

Thank you, this is what i wanted to know, so I am not able to use this number anymore, that i still have from this year january... I'll just have to buy a new one again in November...

I'll probably ask someone to refill it then,next time i leave Los again.

You can buy a 12 month sim card, every time you top up, another 12 months....

OR... you can phone up the phone company and get it changed to a 12 month top up.

Edit: I have 2, 12 month sim cards, one for business and one for pleasure.

This could be usefull too, maybe i'll have a look for one ... i guess it can just be bought at any 7/11 ? Does it cost much more? (i guess not)

Thank you for your replies.

No help for your current situation, but may be useful for the future.

I have a Happy SIM and a Kasikorn bank account. I have to keep the SIM current as any transactions on the account need verification using one-time-password sent to my Thai phone by SMS. I can top up credit online using the bank account and that, of course, shifts the expiry date. It's a convenient way to do it. Not actually done it yet as I didn't realise I could last time I was out and just bought sufficient credit to shift expiry to a time when I would be there again. Will do it in future

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

I only visit Thailand two times a year but I've had the same thai number for 2 years. When I am in Thailand I use my mobile a lot so I have to top up my phone a few times whislt in Thailand. Each time I top up my phone I get a text saying they have extended the date I can still use my phone. The last expiry date is always after my next trip to thailand has started. So I never need to change my sim

can´t you save the numbers in the phone memory instead of on the sim card, i had done that earlier and my last trip the numbers was still on the phone, if not i maybe can help you top it up in a month or so depends on if it´s still valid guess it´s from january and i don´t know for how long the thai sims are valid in sweden i think it´s a year

Yes, i do so allready, but it would be easier if i could just keep my number... oh well, i'll see what i'll do next time i leave.

Could anyone tell, how long is Happy prepaid sim valid?

It depends on a number of factors. Topping up extends the validity, something like 10 days for each 100 baht - not sure of exact figure. It is also possible to extend on 'net using unspent credit to very cheaply extend (Thanks to Serpentine for that tip) My taxi/travel agent friend has told me of a service she does for falang. They buy loads of credit to extend the expiry, then when leaving, transfer the credit to her and buy back on their return. Saves tying up money in phone credit, mind you it's so cheap can't see the point really.

Just looking at my Blackberry today and I see an app on there Happy app (I suppose I must have installed it) which seems to let me change language of texts they send, buy credit and I believe use credit to extend. Will have to explore it.

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

I only visit Thailand two times a year but I've had the same thai number for 2 years. When I am in Thailand I use my mobile a lot so I have to top up my phone a few times whislt in Thailand. Each time I top up my phone I get a text saying they have extended the date I can still use my phone. The last expiry date is always after my next trip to thailand has started. So I never need to change my sim

Thats exactly what i do, thought this was standard? there is another way where they charge. 20 baht a month off your total, i think that is printed on the insert you get when you buy a happy sim card

<p>

It depends. There are several different dtac prepaid plans with different rates & validity times. I got the dtac "Simple" plan, because it extends the validity for 1 year from the date I last top up from, regardless of the amount of the top up card.

You may have to look around a bit for the "Simple" plan, but it's available. I got mine at Big C North Pattaya on the 2nd floor. For whatever reason, they did not have it in the dtac booth at the airport, nor several 7-11's/Family Marts that I tried.

I've attached a link to the dtac website below.

Dtac Sim Plans

There is a stall on Tuk Com on the 1st floor half way down on the LH side where you can pay 30 bt a month to extend the validity of your sim card before you go home to keep your same number.

Thanks !

if you have one-2-call sim card you can top up any time via refill or credit card when you are abroad

pls check the link

https://12calleservice.ais.co.th/EPPWeb/index.html

Thanks !

check this tread out!

My link

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Happy SIM and a Kasikorn bank account. I have to keep the SIM current as any transactions on the account need verification using one-time-password sent to my Thai phone by SMS. I can top up credit online using the bank account and that, of course, shifts the expiry date. It's a convenient way to do it. Not actually done it yet as I didn't realise I could last time I was out and just bought sufficient credit to shift expiry to a time when I would be there again. Will do it in future

I use Kasikorn Internet Banking to topup my SIM (and my wifes) all the time. I've setup templates for both SIMs so that after login, it's about 3 clicks (select Bill Payment, Click Template name, Click Pay, done!). So much simpler than 7-11. Of course not much help to the OP if you don't have a bank account here.

• 3 weeks later...

You can have up to 1 year of validity for DTAC Happy SIMs. You can get the keypress codes to extend DTAC SIMs here. I think the cost is about 2 bath per month.

You can have up to 1 year of validity for DTAC Happy SIMs. You can get the keypress codes to extend DTAC SIMs here. I think the cost is about 2 bath per month.

Yes, it's 2 Baht per 30 days.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....