IGNORED

keep your Thai sim active for up to 6 months longer

lespaul5000

kudos to a board member from Secrets for the info.

DTAC easy to do this yourself:

2. Dial [*] [1] [1] [3] [*] + number of days 30/90/180 → [*] [9] [#] [call]

3. Via Website – To access Happy Web Service, [คลิกที่นี่]

Service Rates:

Rates for the Day Give-Away Service will be charged as follows: 2 baht/30 day request, 6 baht/90 day request, 12 baht/180 day request All rates are VAT Inclusive. When service has been successfully applied for, the user will receive a confirmation SMS from Happy.

Please Read This:

* Eligible users must have activated their SIM for at least 90 days continuously, or have a total usage balance of over 200 baht. In addition, the account must not be suspended, and must have at least 1 day of activation balance remaining on the day of application for service.

Special offer for now until 31 March 2011!! Just have a total usage balance of 100 baht onwards and number is valid to apply, you can enjoy service "Day Give-Away".

* Remaining credit may not be less than 10 baht after applying for this service.

* Account activation balance may not exceed 365 days after successful transaction.

If you read the last sentence you can see that you can extend it for up to 1 year. I guess you have to key in the code twice.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If you read the last sentence you can see that you can extend it for up to 1 year. I guess you have to key in the code twice.

thanks....i didn't see that.

I thought that the DTAC Happy sim kept activated for six months or more anyway?

I have one in my Thai mobile and just switch it on every now and again back in the UK and there never seems to be a problem with it expiring.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

I thought that the DTAC Happy sim kept activated for six months or more anyway?

I have one in my Thai mobile and just switch it on every now and again back in the UK and there never seems to be a problem with it expiring.

mine was ready to expire on may 11 and i bought it on mar 15

Thanks for the info mate. :rolleyes: (I've got dtac happy sim card)

• 1 month later...

Useful info. Thanks.

I was worried about mine expiring as I need it for banking purposes. I knew that the validity is increased by 10 days every 100 B credit you put on and so before leaving, I bunged a load on to take me till midway through my next trip. But I now have enough credit on there to last a lifetime!

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

i use AIS 1 to call with AIS you can send "time" to another AIS user if your sim card is about to expire cost 3baht extends for 3 weeks per 3baht.

I am currently home so my tgf sends me time to extends my sim card not sure how to do it but the girls can tell you

Edited by pattayaguru

I also have 1-2 call and on my last trip, 4 1/2 months, it seemed like I was having to add baht every two weeks to keep it from expiring.

Jon

A lot of this also depends on your tariff. My one to call sim gets 12 months extension every time I topup. So I never have to worry about it running out. Unless I leave it more than 12 months that is

I buy only the red one from 12call.....this SIM works 1 Year.

• 3 months later...

I buy only the red one from 12call.....this SIM works 1 Year.

That one is getting harder to find. I believe it's called the Nan Nan, but no longer in production.

To find out when your DTAC sim expires.. just enter *101*9# and press call. Free and tells you your balance and how many days left (in English). More keypress codes here: http://thaiprepaidcard.com/2009/keypress-codes/