IGNORED

What Bangkok Hotel Do You Stay at & Why ?

Thaihot

What Bangkok hotel do you stay at & why ?????

Please tell us what hotels are good & why you stay there.

Add pics or direct us to web sites for bookings etc.

:001_Thank_You5:

During my Bangkok stays, I have booked accomodation on Soi 4 for Nana Plaza location.

My favourite is Dawin Hotel because it's close to the action, has lovely rooms, good food - room service or the restaurant/bar on the ground floor, friendly staff and a rooftop swimming pool. It's a little pricier than other options though especially since it lacked a complimentary breakfast.

I have also stayed at Majestic Suites and it has decent rooms although a bit small, friendly staff and a complimentary breakfast. All of this comes at a very reasonable price and the location is just around the corner from Nana Plaza and you can in fact see it from some of the hotel rooms facing in that direction.

Royal Ivory is a little further down Soi 4 but is another reasonably priced option. Although if you need wi-fi then DO NOT book here because it is either slow or not working.

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

On my first trip to thailand i spent 3 days in bangkok, i stayed at the mandarin oriental, was once voted the best hotel in the world. It is something above and beyond luxury, now i,m just a monger, like all of you.Having said that, they have no joiner fees. on my first night there i took back a lady from patpong, the security photo copied her ID gave one to me and kept one on file.In the morning they called my room to ask if everything was in order. The concierge also asked me if i needed condoms sent to my room. Thailand oh what a place!

President Palace at Sukhumvit 11.

Club floor (top 2 floors) with private checkin, private proper breakfast (the buffet off the lobby is free too but the private breakfsat lounge is more civilized) , free drinks poolside 11-6 daily, private bar with food daily 5-8, and free bar served by hot Thai waitresses.

Huge rooms, huge bed, sofa, safe, robes, great shower gear, even razors. Rain shower and bathtub. Wifi router IN the room. Free wifi and if you have two devices, then two passwords, free. Free in-room mini-bar refreshed daily. Free fruit delivered daily. Free 2 pieces laundry daily. Great Aussie Bar across the street with draft cider. All sorts of activities nearby including BTS Nana station.

I booked through Asiatravel.com but the prices are more or less the same at their own website. I paid BHT 3,000 plus VAT in May.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn in Silom district last trip because the Crown Plaza was still being built. Stayed in their executive club room and from 8-10 pm you get unlimited alcohol and finger food at the club level. Well worth the money and view. Only problem was it was far from the entertainment district but the monorail was a 10 minute walk. Welcome chocolate everyday after we came back from sightseeing was nice too :GoldenSmile1:

post-57810-0-73820100-1310116740.jpg

post-57810-0-98177600-1310116758.jpg

post-57810-0-72890400-1310116769.jpg

post-57810-0-69733800-1310116777.jpg

I stay at the honey hotel 29-31 Soi 19 Sukhumvit Rd., Khlong Toei Nua, Vadhana, 10110, Bangkok 10110

because it's cheep and is located very close to soi cowboy and not far from nana plaza

I usually stay at Malaysia hotel in soi Ngam duplee, off Rama 4. The price is good, about 800Bt for comfy AC room and there's a good pool, I like the location, you can walk to Silom/Patpong from there, and there are some OK restaurants & bars in the vicinity. However, it is known as a "gay" hangout, but this has never concerned me, you see some old gays walking around with younger Thai men, but no one has ever said or done anything to bother me.

President Palace at Sukhumvit 11.

Club floor (top 2 floors) with private checkin, private proper breakfast (the buffet off the lobby is free too but the private breakfsat lounge is more civilized) , free drinks poolside 11-6 daily, private bar with food daily 5-8, and free bar served by hot Thai waitresses.

Huge rooms, huge bed, sofa, safe, robes, great shower gear, even razors. Rain shower and bathtub. Wifi router IN the room. Free wifi and if you have two devices, then two passwords, free. Free in-room mini-bar refreshed daily. Free fruit delivered daily. Free 2 pieces laundry daily. Great Aussie Bar across the street with draft cider. All sorts of activities nearby including BTS Nana station.

I booked through Asiatravel.com but the prices are more or less the same at their own website. I paid BHT 3,000 plus VAT in May.

Another vote for this one, not forgetting dvd player & 2 tv's in the room. Very good value.

Anyone stayed at the bb boutique mansion? I'm booked in to stay there. Looks good from the reports on Agoda and trip advisor.

The Dawin.

Relatively new, reasonably priced, good location, good service and the girls like it too.

Citadines on soi8, superbly designed rooms with TV on wall rail and room divider that can be closed which is great when one or other wants to sleep in and the other doesnt. and around 1700b on wotif.com. Handy tuk tuk down to sukhumvit road/nana bts. soi 8 is nice n quiet but in centre of all the action..

Centrepoint on soi 10 is excellent if you are with a larger group, their apartments are large, with balconies. and they also have tuk tuk to sukh.

Paradiso boutique at the start of soi 10 is also good if you are solo or two of you...

Ibis on soi 4 is cheap but the rooms are basic, fine for 1-2 nights.

I spend a lot of time looking at ideal hotels and low prices.

Stayed at on8 under the nana skytrain, great location and price and very clean with free wifi

Citadines on soi8, superbly designed rooms with TV on wall rail and room divider that can be closed which is great when one or other wants to sleep in and the other doesnt. and around 1700b on wotif.com. Handy tuk tuk down to sukhumvit road/nana bts. soi 8 is nice n quiet but in centre of all the action..

Centrepoint on soi 10 is excellent if you are with a larger group, their apartments are large, with balconies. and they also have tuk tuk to sukh.

Paradiso boutique at the start of soi 10 is also good if you are solo or two of you...

LRANGER thanks for the advice & info. :GoldenSmile1:

Will stay for first time at Maxims Inn, at soi 7/1 sukhumvit next trip august 2011. Rooms looks really great and good pricing.

Got this hotel from a positive review of a fellow BM but i forgot his name, SORRY to him!

http://www.maximinn.com/

Edited by themosch

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Will stay for first time at Maxims Inn, at soi 7/1 sukhumvit next trip august 2011. Rooms looks really great and good pricing.

Got this hotel from a positive review of a fellow BM but i forgot his name, SORRY to him!

http://www.maximinn.com/

Thanks for the info mate.

I stay at EverRich on Suk. right next to the Soi 7 corner.

Rooms are spotless. Cleaned daily quite well. The rooms are TINY, in comparison to many. Pricing seems OK.

I like the service, always nice.. Best reason, I am a lazy fart..... I need only walk 50 yds to pick up what I need for the evening ST. and can be on #2 before #1 finishes up getting her dinner after the deed.

Front door opens onto the Suk, and often I just browse from there to the Soi 4 crossing. LOTS to choose from...

I've done citadines a few times myself. I never bothered with the tuk tuk, it's a pretty short walk and there's always the temptation of making the detour down the alley to Lolitas to start the day. the pool was a disappointment though. The picture on their site is misleading. I need a good pool in Thailand.

Thanks guys plese keep the advice coming.

I will be in Bangkok a good few times this year 2011 as I have plans to do some stuff there apart from P4P.

Soi 11 - Ambassador hotel:

http://www.amtel.co.th/

At the very centre of the "action" scene just on top of one of the hotest clubs around SUK, climax!

Often, they put on descent promotions, check it out!

Ibis, Soi 4 Nana, Citidines Soi 8 and 11 are all good value and close to the action and skytrain.

I like them, as juicy as a freshwater clam!

Ibis, Soi 4 Nana, Citidines Soi 8 and 11 are all good value and close to the action and skytrain.

Ibis is pretty nice. Rooms are small, but this chain is well run and has a world-standard system, with trained staff. The Nana location is basically in direct-service of Nana Plaza, so would not stay unless you intend to stay and play in that area. It is a bit far from the station, but is a nice enclave. Would stay here again.

I usually stay at Malaysia hotel in soi Ngam duplee, off Rama 4. The price is good, about 800Bt for comfy AC room and there's a good pool, I like the location, you can walk to Silom/Patpong from there, and there are some OK restaurants & bars in the vicinity. However, it is known as a "gay" hangout, but this has never concerned me, you see some old gays walking around with younger Thai men, but no one has ever said or done anything to bother me.

maybe they dont fancy youwub.gif