Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Worrying trend

spinmeright

After going through Soi 6 and taking a baht bus back to soi 8 .

Got off the bus and went to pay 10 baht to the driver.

Gave him 20 baht note and was waiting for my 10 baht change.

He says in russian dvacat(20) baht

i respond 'jing jing law" ?

By doing so just wanted to show ive been too thailand for quite

some time .He flips out throws 10 but in my hand .Says some thing

nasty and just pushes the gas pedal during that moment my shoulder

brushed against the taxi railings.No damage was done but if i was a bit closer

there could have been a seriuos injury.

The thing is its not the first time something like this has happened.

im just wondering reporting that baht bus driver

to custumer protection telephone or is it a lost cause ?

Please share similar stories .

Also russians do some research.Please get the prices right

you are overpaying .

I once got on a baht bus near the entrance of walking st and the bus then stopped on the corner of 2nd road to wait for more passengers. the driver expected me to get off, pay 10 baht for the 100m, then get back on again. when i refused and told him i just got on he got extremely annoyed and started shouting something in thai so i just thought f*ck it and paid him the 10 baht and hopped on another one. not worth it over that IMO

I tink some of them expect 20B 'falang price' thats why I always carry the coins. On the odd occasion where I have only had 20B I haven't had any dramas getting the 10B change...this as recently as this April.

lol now i always carry ten baht after that incident.

Thsi is the only real answer - always keep some change. Many guys dump their change back at the hotel but I always carry a few 10 bahts when in Pattaya.

Its not being cheap, it simply avoids any issues like this, hand over 10 baht and walk away.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Same for tips in go-gos/bars, always remember to break down cash into 20s 50s anfd 100s

I have had this happen. Hand them a 20 bht note and then tried to roll the window up on my arm. I did get the change. But think that if you give then the 20 bht note that they will just keep the change. For the most part I keep 10 bht coins but sometimes run short. Never had them call back at me after giving them the coin and walking off.

Did see a russian girl get off the Baht bus and walk away not paying.

i certainly wouldnt cause an argument with a thai over ten baht but as Whitespider said just carry some small change

I agree with this, but sometimes it just happens that you just ran out of change and have only 20b note.

I usualy keep my hand inside the window so the guy see I know the fare. However, it is writen at the back of the bahtbus : 10b.

Save your coins, give the driver 10 baht and step off. Don't let them cheat you. It's the principle of the thing. :SteamingMad:

I am surprised that you have had problems. I must have been on and off Baht Busses 50 times in two weeks and never had a problem.

My story is quite the opposite. I got on at Mikes travelling towards BIG C. ...Unfortunately the bus turned up Central and I hurriedly got off. It was obvious that I got on the wrong bus but its only 10 baht...When I tried to pay the driver gave me a smile and waved me away. I was left standing on the side of the road, 10 baht in hand an a surprised look on my face. Another time I got on only to find the bus turn 50 meters later so I got off. I went to pay and other thai passengers quickly herded me across the road to catch the correct bus...it was obvious that I was willing to pay for my mistake but i wasn't given the opportunity. Very decent behaviour by the drivers..

I guess with millions of fares a few will slip through and some people will get their nose out of joint but in the main I think it is a great service.

bb.jpeg

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

I always ALWAYS have coins for the Baht bus for this exact reason.

My first obsession in Pattaya is the women...then next is making sure I have coins for the Baht bus.

I will give most people tips no problem but I find that the Baht Bus drivers are the biggests scammers in general so never tip them.

I get most of my coins from when the drinks etc are paid for...they will give you coins as change thinking you will say keep the coins as a tip. Instead I give them the 20 baht note and keep the coins for myself.

Sometimes I have so many coins they are weighing my pockets down...I counted nearly 300 baht in coins.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Sometimes when I paid 20 bath I got back only 5 or 6 or 7 bth only.Sometimes come back quickly satangs coins or other strange coins and driver whisked quickly than you can control. Now I paid right 10 bth. PATS learn you every day :GoldenSmile1:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I once paid with a 20baht note and got back a roll of 10 x 1baht coins glued together. Used it to pay for the next ride.

I once paid with a 20baht note and got back a roll of 10 x 1baht coins glued together. Used it to pay for the next ride.

Classic! I just never expect change off those guys, I try to have coins handy when I use the Baht bus (usually have a motorbike) but when I don't I just figure I'm gonna eat the 10 baht. I have been surprised once or twice by drivers that gave change with no hassle at all.

Ive never had any of this happen to me in patts. Maybe ive just been lucky. But i think its a very good service they provide for little money.

I just love the bahtbusses compared to the tuk tuk mafia in Phuket.

I put as little of my arm through the window as possible. Make the driver reach toward you.

Also, there have been reports of attempted kidnappings by late night baht bus drivers. The incidents have involved BMs that I know personally (the owner of Devil's Den, for one). They were taking a bus either alone or with their TG. The driver would try to drive them to a secluded area where a gang of robbers awaited them.

Thsi is the only real answer - always keep some change. Many guys dump their change back at the hotel but I always carry a few 10 bahts when in Pattaya.

Its not being cheap, it simply avoids any issues like this, hand over 10 baht and walk away.

I ever have 10 bth coins as well,also try to be sorted with all differend paper money also

so i can pay exactly my bill.But always give tip.Cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

never had a problem , in fact a few times the bus has turned off I got off and went to pay , waived off by the driver, a funny one, got on one in Naklua, driver turned off after a mile , I rang the bell , he said sorry forgot you were on , just going home offered him the fare and he said no

My first bad experience with a taxi was actually in London.

At the age of 14, me (an English kid) and a friend who was visiting from Germany (on a school exchange), took the train to London, got into a black cab, gave over the fare, and the taxi driver refused to give change, telling me, "I do not give change". Then he drove off.

For two 14 year old kids, on a day trip to London with just enough money to visit a couple of places, it was not nice.

As to Thailand I carry change, if expecting to use a baht bus I carry some 10 baht coins with me.

In my wallet I make sure I have a mix of note sizes (20 baht, 50 baht, 100 baht, 500 baht and 1,000 baht)

It is not that I am tight, far from it, but I do not like being ripped off.

In general, I have come across some 'not so nice' baht bus drivers, but also come across some 'very nice' baht bus drivers.

In my experience, same the world over.

Often take the baht bus from the traffic light stand that goes to jomtien,when i get off at the bottom of Pratumnak hill half way to jomtiem,usually just pay 10 baht.Twice recently,the same old guy tried to charge me 20 and awoman driver about 4 weeks ago tried the same trick. I wonder if more of them are trying it on now sa its such along time since these prices went up.

Often take the baht bus from the traffic light stand that goes to jomtien,when i get off at the bottom of Pratumnak hill half way to jomtiem,usually just pay 10 baht.Twice recently,the same old guy tried to charge me 20 and awoman driver about 4 weeks ago tried the same trick. I wonder if more of them are trying it on now sa its such along time since these prices went up.

It has actually gone up recently.

It used to be 5 baht, but 10 baht for a farang (or a farang with a Thai lady, so 10 baht each).

For this very reason a girl I was with 4 years ago, used to get me to pay my 10 baht and she would independently pay her 5 baht.

Up until one year ago 5 baht was still possible for Thai ladies working a normal job, but harder for bar girls.

My Thai teacher one year ago was still paying 5 baht, but now has been told 10 baht.

So there has been an increase.

5 baht not so long ago for all (apart from tourists), now 10 baht for all.

for one time of a hundred times i use the baht bus, i maybe get a driver that does not give back 10 of 20 bill. i just simply smile, and say chocdee krap.

it is good service for little money and i just avoid hassle

for one time of a hundred times i use the baht bus, i maybe get a driver that does not give back 10 of 20 bill. i just simply smile, and say chocdee krap.

it is good service for little money and i just avoid hassle

A wise man, not worth the fall out.

Never get too heated in Thailand, it is hot enough out here.

I give my TG the money for the trip from Jomtien to Patts....Many many times what I think of as a 20 B trip she pays 10 (ea) and gives me a grin.

One trip that I remember was Soi 12 Jomtien to soi 27 Nukla rd and she only gave the driver 20B (ea)we got lucky as never had to change bahtbus that trip.YMWV

mark

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !