IGNORED

Worrying trend

spinmeright

This thread makes me piss my pants laughing, I've been called a Cheep Charlie because I refuse to pay 600 baht barfines and 2000 baht for a ST and here we all are arguing over an extra 10 baht paid to a guy who has to drive a bus around in circles all day :)

It's a funny old world :)

Farang on Holiday - "Erotic" is when you use a feather - "kinky" involves the whole chicken.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional - anon

This thread makes me piss my pants laughing, I've been called a Cheep Charlie because I refuse to pay 600 baht barfines and 2000 baht for a ST and here we all are arguing over an extra 10 baht paid to a guy who has to drive a bus around in circles all day :)

It is all good, the price is 10 baht.

I look like a Thai enough to try for the 5 bt bus ride... The driver didn't go for it .555555 This was on my 2nd trip .

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Good points and there has always been some like this or maybe many, good point to have a few 10bahts on you and if you are going a short distance, walk, hit them where it hurts.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

A baht bus that 4 of us hired one day (myself another BM and our 2 girls) once took us to what we though was maybe a Gem place in Pattaya.

We had just visited the Sent of Truth and wanted to go the the floating market next.

He stopped at a place near the main bus terminal for Pattaya (where the Bell bus leaves from).

There there all these official looking guys walking around.

The other BM were not nervous until the girls started checking their ID and looking scared.

The next minute the bus drive came back from inside the building and said something to the office looking guys saying they were all busy or something and will come back later.

It was at this point we decided to just head back to Pattaya.

I still do not know what it was all about but am glad there was no trouble.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I would much rather give a girl who does many unmentionable things to me (at least in this section of the forums) extra money than give it to a bus driver who is just trying to scam us. It's really the principle of the thing. If too many people let them get away with it then it will just be an expected thing.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I would much rather give a girl who does many unmentionable things to me (at least in this section of the forums) extra money than give it to a bus driver who is just trying to scam us. It's really the principle of the thing. If too many people let them get away with it then it will just be an expected thing.

Unfortunately, the concept of principle is lost on many people these days.

My thoughts exactly. It is not the sum of 10 baht that is the issue but the principle. If 20 baht was the standard accepted price for every bus, and everyone had to pay this price then I don't think anyone would be complaining.

My thoughts exactly. It is not the sum of 10 baht that is the issue but the principle. If 20 baht was the standard accepted price for every bus, and everyone had to pay this price then I don't think anyone would be complaining.

It is not a new trend, the baht bus drivers have been trying it on for years, at least 21 years in my own experience.

When the fare was 5 baht the drivers tried the racial ploy of charging 5 baht for Thais and 10 or 20 baht for Farangs if they could get away with it.

I have only been overcharged a couple of times in the all the time I've been going to Pattaya and I have just returned from a 4 week trip and had no problems at all this time and being disabled I use the baht bus all the time.

The easy answer is as many BM's have already suggested said make sure you have a few 10 baht coins in your pocket. No big deal IMHO.

Farang on Holiday - "Erotic" is when you use a feather - "kinky" involves the whole chicken.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional - anon

Thank God/Buddha for the Pattaya baht buses. Think what the alternative could be...

I've been visiting Pattaya around twice a month, for a few days at a time, for around 5 years and can't think of one occasion when I've been "scammed" by a baht bus driver. Maybe I'm just lucky.

I always have my coins saves time and these very such situations, when you get your change in a gogo or beer bar tray leave a note and pick up the coins yourself is a good source of getting the silver, and tipping the bar, everyones happy.