IGNORED

Pattaya Pizza Don't waste your money

I recently tried Pattaya Pizza :NoNo3::Booboo: on Soi Buakow near the new Gov't Hospital. I can only say it has to be one of the worst pizzas I have eaten in a longtime. I ate 1 piece then I knocked the topping and sauce off, because it was really nasty tasting. I could not even eat the crust alone, which I normally love. In short, don't waste your money on this place.

I used to like La Grotto in Naklua, but my last few trips there after being a customer there for several years have been very very disappointing. The Sauce has completely changed. They have lost there main cook and original staff now after years. Owner still the same, but the quality has gone out the door with the old staff. They have all moved now to a new place on Second Road called Bella Italia close to Soi 6.

I am gonna give Bella Italia a try tonight and will report back with my opinion.

If aybody has any good pizza joints to recommend? I am all ears as I am the pizza fanatic.

Well it's not the best Pizza in the world but is tasty enough for me when i'm after something quick after a night on the drink. Its a small pizza place on soi diana, beside a pharmacy near the corner of LK Metro. I believe this place provides the pizza to Champagne when they do a 'Pizza' night

There is a new cafe near the corner of Soi Lenkee as you walk from Soi Bukaow with a small seating area outside that does great pizza , also near Soi 8 an

Italian restaurant called Cosa Nostra is great , you won,t go wrong in either place

Walk up Soi Chayapoon from LK Metro, turn left at the first Soi, 50 metres up on the left of this soi is another small soi with a few small restaurants. There is an outstanding thin-crust style pizza restaurant here, with their own stone oven. Probably one of the best in the world. It was dark and late when we staggered there, my mate says fuk-nose what it was called. Somebody here will know it!

Also - there's one real Italian place on Buakow nearly opposite the Bar Beer Buakow Forget the name but hard to miss - couple of tables out the front and looks italian with reds and whites etc.

It is very good and always has nearly only/all Italian customers.

There's another one, also traditional Italian in the other direction and on the RHS heading towards Klang, but more around the top of Soi Honey or there abouts. Also traditional Italian, but so traditional they hardly put any topping on it ! Best crust ever though.

Well it's not the best Pizza in the world but is tasty enough for me when i'm after something quick after a night on the drink. Its a small pizza place on soi diana, beside a pharmacy near the corner of LK Metro. I believe this place provides the pizza to Champagne when they do a 'Pizza' night

That would be Slices Pizza. I have tried it although sometime ago. Like you said OK in a pinch, but not a regular stop for me. I just tried Bella Italia. The old staff and 2 cooks from La Grotto are working there now. I was happy to find them again. They have just opened up on Second Road just past Soi 6 on your right side. The pizza was good, but it was missing something. Not exactly the same as before, but very close and I still enjoyed it.

Walk up Soi Chayapoon from LK Metro, turn left at the first Soi, 50 metres up on the left of this soi is another small soi with a few small restaurants. There is an outstanding thin-crust style pizza restaurant here, with their own stone oven. Probably one of the best in the world. It was dark and late when we staggered there, my mate says fuk-nose what it was called. Somebody here will know it!

I will give it a try. Thanks

Also - there's one real Italian place on Buakow nearly opposite the Bar Beer Buakow Forget the name but hard to miss - couple of tables out the front and looks italian with reds and whites etc.

It is very good and always has nearly only/all Italian customers.

There's another one, also traditional Italian in the other direction and on the RHS heading towards Klang, but more around the top of Soi Honey or there abouts. Also traditional Italian, but so traditional they hardly put any topping on it ! Best crust ever though.

Well I would like to give it a try. Can you remember the name on 1 or both locations, or a little better on the directions? Thanks!

Edited by Bupattaya

The more upmarket one with tablecloths and waitresses in on the same of the road as Naree Bar and on the opposite side of Bar Buhkao. If you find these two bars you will find the restaurant. Look on a map for the hotel QD sweets and the three places I mention are all within 100 meters. Pizzas are cheap and good

The other joint - if you were catching a baht bus from the top of Buhkao - like if you had just come from Tukcom for example - as the bus gets near soi honey look to the RHS

It's just before before pook or swan or whatever that big tranny bar is and is quite nondescript but you will see it - it will be approx 100 m or less from the honey t junction. Proper Italian bases but I could eat three I reckon !

A link to a post I made for (IMHO) really good pizza on LK Metro.

Can't seem to get the direct link to work, but scroll down to post #10, the one with the photo

of a pizza...

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/66997-italian/page__view__findpost__p__1099670

Location is here, roughly where the line of Scooters stops:

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?BNvRUeZrkcABHDDB

Edited by DMustang

Pattaya Pizza was good when it first opened. I don't really care for it anymore. The last time I was there they messed up my order. I ordered one with a lot of meat, I pointed at it, I said the number of the item in english and thai, I ended up getting ham and pineapple.

Right now my favorite pizza is Slices (thanks to Gerry from Sapphire for the tip!). It's on Soi Dianna. http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/8743-slices-pizza-soi-diana/

Pizza's seem to be way over priced in Pattaya for the quality they offer.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

New York Pizza House make some wonderful pizza's and offer delivery, just up the Naklua road ...

i like PIZZA BIG in Naklua....great italian meals there too

Thanks LRanger for the Good Tip. I tried Osteria Italiana or Pizza Italy, seem to have 2 names 1 on the Soi and 1 on the window. Whatever the name is, it was great! 200 Baht for a Ham & Cheese. The sauce was really good, crust was a bit dry, but still very very tasty. Ate the other half for Breakfast cold was just as awesome. Thanks again.

Edited by Bupattaya

The more upmarket one with tablecloths and waitresses in on the same of the road as Naree Bar and on the opposite side of Bar Buhkao. If you find these two bars you will find the restaurant. Look on a map for the hotel QD sweets and the three places I mention are all within 100 meters. Pizzas are cheap and good

The other joint - if you were catching a baht bus from the top of Buhkao - like if you had just come from Tukcom for example - as the bus gets near soi honey look to the RHS

It's just before before pook or swan or whatever that big tranny bar is and is quite nondescript but you will see it - it will be approx 100 m or less from the honey t junction. Proper Italian bases but I could eat three I reckon !

Thanks again for the info. I will give it a try on my next trip to Pattaya. Heading home in the morning back to Phetchburi. I did find another good pizza joint thanks to a tip from LRanger. It seems to have 2 names. Osteria Italiana is the sign on the Soi, but the window says Pizza Italy, whatever the name, definitely worth trying. I enjoyed it very much and will go back again.

I recently tried Pattaya Pizza :NoNo3::Booboo: on Soi Buakow near the new Gov't Hospital. I can only say it has to be one of the worst pizzas I have eaten in a longtime. I ate 1 piece then I knocked the topping and sauce off, because it was really nasty tasting. I could not even eat the crust alone, which I normally love. In short, don't waste your money on this place.

I used to like La Grotto in Naklua, but my last few trips there after being a customer there for several years have been very very disappointing. The Sauce has completely changed. They have lost there main cook and original staff now after years. Owner still the same, but the quality has gone out the door with the old staff. They have all moved now to a new place on Second Road called Bella Italia close to Soi 6.

I am gonna give Bella Italia a try tonight and will report back with my opinion.

If aybody has any good pizza joints to recommend? I am all ears as I am the pizza fanatic.

try to go in Soi Diamond to SWISS FOOD may be 20 meter left side after the carousell bars.

This pizza i think is very good and worth the price.Enjoy.Cheers mate.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

New York Pizza House make some wonderful pizza's and offer delivery, just up the Naklua road ...

I tried New York Pizza House in Naklua a about 2 years ago, but I had a meatball sandwich, which was absolutely horrible. I never went back.

• 2 weeks later...

the only time Slices Pizza is worth a purchase for me is when I'm drunk and hungry.

Otherwise I stick with other pizza companies.

I've seen that place and they seem to do quite well but I've never tried it.

I may get shot down for this but I really like the pizzas at the Pizza Company.

They taste so different to the Pizzas in Sydney. Chicken Monaco all the way!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

• 1 month later...

Pattaya pizza not so great because they do not have proper wood-fired ovens. And maybe something about the lack of good bread? - forget the pizza, anyone know of a first rate German or French bakery in Pats?

the pizzas in globetrotter hotel is actually really good and so are most of the other food they serve there, and like somone mentioned the pizza place in soi diana close to the LK Metro entrance is okay

Steffe82

I like real Italian pizza and dislike American BBQ pizzas (but Californian style is ok).

I've found the best is from the food court in Central Festival Mall. Reasonable cheese and a lovely virgin olive oil taste. Shame they have no real variety of toppings.

For delivery; I always order a vegge pizza + extra tuna from "Nick The Pizza"... This selection makes for a wholesome pizza. Thai birds that don't like western fast-food are always pleasantly surprised. Nick The Pizza offer good value but the quality of the meat toppings are sub-par for my taste (from the few meat topping I've tried). However; fast delivery, good price and never under nor over cooked keep me coming back again.

Also tried the "Pizza by Yanni" on 2nd road but disappointed that they think that one tablespoon of cheese on a large pizza is enough... Only tried the once. Overpriced for what's on offer (Designer Pizza).

Edited by onetrackmind

I liked the look of the large pizza slices at carrefour food court until I saw the live meat allowed to run around around and over them, same in the bakery at Tops, dont think there was any extra charge though. :Sick5:

• 3 weeks later...