IGNORED

Beware in Sea bar

suspectdevice

Just a warning to anyone who drinks in this bar.

It is the last one on the left as you walk in to the complex, at the sea end.

I paid for my bill with a 1000 baht note, but was only given change from 500 baht.

When i pointed this out i was told to 'go to police' who weren't interested at all!

So be alert when paying at this bar.

<!--START COUNTER CODE--><EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Countdown%20to%20LOS&count=down&time=1338210900000&bgc=0x6600ff&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0x330000&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xff0000&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x33ff00&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0xff0000&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"><br><div style="width: 500px; text-align: center">Use the <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown generator</a> to create your own <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown</a>.</div><!--END COUNTER CODE -->

I paid for my bill with a 1000 baht note, but was only given change from 500 baht.

When i pointed this out i was told to 'go to police' who weren't interested at all!

Which Simon new or old?thanks

Unfortunately this happens in many bars. A good tactic when paying with a 1000 Baht note is to hold it up and get confirmation that they recognise what it is. They will be less likely to rip you off.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

best answer is what they do in the bamboo bar near Walking Street ,if you give the staff a 1 thousand note they leave there id badge with you till they come back with your change,although the drinks are expensive in there after ten,but there again freelance bar no barfines and a good live band

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

best answer is what they do in the bamboo bar near walking street ,if you give the staff a 1 thousand note they leave there id badge with you till they come back with your change,although the drinks are expensive in there after ten,but there again freelance bar no barfines and a good live band

I always spend a bit of time in there, nice cocktails.

I also like the way they take payment, more bars should incorporate something like this.

You mean the complex in front of Pattaya Beer Garden???

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I always spend a bit of time in there, nice cocktails.

I also like the way they take payment, more bars should incorporate something like this.

After some years i don't go there,will give it a try.Heard about nice ladies (28-to 38 ) who will

give you a great feeling and good take care for you as well???.Cheers mate.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Which Simon new or old?thanks

You mean the complex in front of Pattaya Beer Garden???

it's the one actually on Walking Street

<!--START COUNTER CODE--><EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Countdown%20to%20LOS&count=down&time=1338210900000&bgc=0x6600ff&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0x330000&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xff0000&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x33ff00&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0xff0000&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"><br><div style="width: 500px; text-align: center">Use the <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown generator</a> to create your own <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown</a>.</div><!--END COUNTER CODE -->

I've been caught on this one a few times in Thailand (and elsewhere in SE Asia too) so before going to bars I generally crack a 1000Bt note at a 7-11, buy a packet of gum to change the note. Then when paying bar bills I can pretty well give them the exact amount and don't have to worry about waiting for change. It makes life easier when you've had a few.

I've been caught on this one a few times in Thailand (and elsewhere in SE Asia too) so before going to bars I generally crack a 1000Bt note at a 7-11, buy a packet of gum to change the note. Then when paying bar bills I can pretty well give them the exact amount and don't have to worry about waiting for change. It makes life easier when you've had a few.

I agree. I'm always hording 100's, 50's, & 20's throughout the day for paying the nightly bar bills.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

Pubstud beat me to it..............

GO to a 7-11 or Familymart and get a water (7 B) or gum, whatever.

The only time I pay with a 1Kb note is when I have been there a while and BF a BG, usually a few LD's as well so the bill is like 700-800 baht.

Only problem in 7 trips at a BB was a mis-added check-bin, off by 50b ( I had already added up the bin, and at this bar they take your bin, total it up, write the total on the back of the stack and give it back for payment. I noticed that it was incorrect, pointed it out, was corrected.

Mark

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

The old " Paid with a 1000, only to be given change for 500"..I never get tired hearing that one..

You need to have one pocket with 20's/100's ..thats for the baht bus/drinks/food and the other pocket with 1000 baht bills that pays for your ...(horizontial hobby)..

I have a zipped pocket in front and that's where I keep my 1000 baht bills...The 20 baht and 1000 baht pocket should never collided and must be kept apart...

well it easier ...when your sober..

"You only get two pieces of ass in your life. Your first and your last." Everything in between is extra gravy and I love extra gravy.

I like the way they do it in the Philippines...they alway will hold the bill up and say "I receive 1000 Peso"...this would be a nice custom to begin in Thailand.

AP

The lighting doesn't help either, so many places have very dim lighting or red lights that make it difficult to see what denomination a note is. I stack my wallet daily, starting with 20bt notes on top (or at front) and the 1Ks down the back, that makes it easier to pull out the right note.

• 6 months later...

Yes, i agree with pubstud, i do sorting every day the papermoney 20s first, then the 100´ts as they are larger, after them the 50s so they will be not confused with 20s. Then come the 1000s and the last are the 500s, i think this way they are more easy to find even its nearly pitch black in the bar. Never take more money with you as what you can afford to loose, because they are several pickpocket people around this time of year!

Just don't pay with any baht larger than 100. That way, you can't get ripped off.

I agree, cut the notes down to 20/50/100's and keep the 1K notes separate. Can't say I've had any issues at all so far using this strategy.

The main trouble with baht is it somehow doesn't feel like you are spending 'real' money. The right mindset I recommend is to consider a baht as a Dollar so it gets the same importance as a thai would give it....

• 3 weeks later...

I always make sure i have a lot of sub 1000 baht bills. get them cashed at your hotel or 7-11 or family mart or someother place. Be safe guys.

It is always best to bring smaller bills into bars. The only places I have changed a 1000 is at a restaurant, Mike's pool or the movies.

Babydolls, and maybe others, has a very simple soliution.

You give her 1000

She SAYS "you give me "1000" and then infront of you she WRITES 1000 on the back of the check bin.

It is so simple and yet seems to be pretty foolproof.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 3 months later...

Wow. Sucks to be ripped off. I have to say though that I do the opposite of what others here do. For me, hitting the gogos is an opportunity to change a lot of 1000 baht notes and end up with lots of small change for golf the next day. You need change for so many things and gogos should have enough to crack 1000s. In over 13 years of doing this I haven't been ripped off yet.

Guess I'm lucky so far. BTW, so I can avoid this place can you explain better which bar it is? Sea Bar on Walking Street? I'm not clear on it. Thx.

• 11 months later...

Simons bar complex is on Walking Street just past Insomnia, right across from Tony's night club. I normally drink in Cheers bar the second one on the right with the pool tables. Have been going there for a few years now. Have paid with 1k notes many times with out any dramas.

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

I'm thinking of the Sea in Soi Diamond but it's not at the end like the OP stated and I wouldn't think he'd get ripped off in there. I've been going there for years and never a problem.

I'm thinking of the Sea in Soi Diamond but it's not at the end like the OP stated and I wouldn't think he'd get ripped off in there. I've been going there for years and never a problem.

They are different bars. One is a beer bar and the one you are talking about is a gogo. In any case the OP was made nearly two years ago. Things may have changed since then.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived