IGNORED

Buying a new computer

sharktooth

Are all the computer hardware`s like the motherboards, cpu, ram,graphic and sound cards cheap at Tukom. I want to get ideas from people because my local dealer in oz I think (MSY)are the cheapest.

In Melbourne australia at MSY this is how much it costs to buy my hardware when I build pc `s for other people.

Last Pc I built was using these products to build my dads setup.He was very happy with the performance

MSI G41M-P28 DDR3, SATA2 motherboard $58 (1800 baht)

2.6GHZ Intel celeron CPU $50 (1650 baht)

4 GIG RAM Kingston DDR3 $43 (1300 baht)

Gigabyte Ge Force GDDR2 N210TC-512I/ Graphics card $36 (1150baht)

500 GIG ard drive SATA. Samsung, LG, WD etc. $39 (1250 baht)

DVD Burner Samsung, LG, WD etc. $29 (900 baht)

Shaw 680 watt powersupply $17 (500 baht.

I've just bought a new Samsung laptop from the Wattana shop in Tukcom and i'm really pleased with it. They seem a reasonable company (as much as any in Thailand) and have a main shop and repair centre on Pattata Klang. I might be a bit cautious about getting a PC made up with separate components but buying a brand name machine should be OK. You seem to get more for your money as well now the Samsung was 18,000 baht but with an i3 processor, 4gb memory and 640 gb drive plus HDMI output.

Have to back this one up .

Bought a Acer 4830 TG laptop yesterday , best price in Pattaya , professional handeling , free bag and a lot of other stuff .

People seem to now what they are talking about and like said before the service goes trough Acer and not the shop in Tukcom .

I've just bought a new Samsung laptop from the Wattana shop in Tukcom and i'm really pleased with it. They seem a reasonable company (as much as any in Thailand) and have a main shop and repair centre on Pattata Klang. I might be a bit cautious about getting a PC made up with separate components but buying a brand name machine should be OK. You seem to get more for your money as well now the Samsung was 18,000 baht but with an i3 processor, 4gb memory and 640 gb drive plus HDMI output.

Have to back this one up .

Bought a Acer 4830 TG laptop yesterday , best price in Pattaya , professional handeling , free bag and a lot of other stuff .

People seem to now what they are talking about and like said before the service goes trough Acer and not the shop in Tukcom .

Great, but the OP specifically said he doesn't want a Laptop, he wants a Desktop.

You can buy a ready made Desktop here no problem, but some people like to set their own spec'. The components are all available from the big names and are BNISB and you get the box and warranty and all the odds and ends after they've assembled it for you FOC - can't see the problem.

Are all the computer hardware`s like the motherboards, cpu, ram,graphic and sound cards cheap at Tukom. I want to get ideas from people because my local dealer in oz I think (MSY)are the cheapest.

In Melbourne australia at MSY this is how much it costs to buy my hardware when I build pc `s for other people.

Last Pc I built was using these products to build my dads setup.He was very happy with the performance

MSI G41M-P28 DDR3, SATA2 motherboard $58 (1800 baht)

2.6GHZ Intel celeron CPU $50 (1650 baht)

4 GIG RAM Kingston DDR3 $43 (1300 baht)

Gigabyte Ge Force GDDR2 N210TC-512I/ Graphics card $36 (1150baht)

500 GIG ard drive SATA. Samsung, LG, WD etc. $39 (1250 baht)

DVD Burner Samsung, LG, WD etc. $29 (900 baht)

Shaw 680 watt powersupply $17 (500 baht.

Scumbag might answer more specifically, but to me those prices look generally a bit lower than here, probably due to Import Tax.

Great, but the OP specifically said he doesn't want a Laptop, he wants a Desktop.

I know but always good to know what shops are ok and which ones are not :GoldenSmile1:

Scumbag might answer more specifically, but to me those prices look generally a bit lower than here, probably due to Import Tax.

My experience is that the guys in Harbour mall , 20 minutes out of Pattaya in the direction of Si Racha have the best deals on spare parts or custom build computers .

Edited by jerry

My experience is that the guys in Harbour mall , 20 minutes out of Pattaya in the direction of Si Racha have the best deals on spare parts or custom build computers .

Thanks, actually I live about 5 minutes away from there now.

I have had a wander round up there and bought a couple of things, but I'd already spent my 30k in TukCom so they didn't get a lot out of me me this time.

I'll remember to check there first next time I need something. It always looks very quiet there customer wise, so maybe they have to try harder - or not?

Desktops are easy to fix and not much goes wrong. I would be concerned about buying a good brand laptop, but not a desktop.

Worst that can happen is you may get a dodgy mainboard or RAM, either way the individual components are easy to change out

and don't cost you much, whereas Laptops are a different story.

Buy a good quality mainboard ASUS or MSI or something, usually made in Taiwan and good RAM and you will not have a problem.

If anything fails any shop should replace it in the first few months, usually a year but it is thailand I guess. IF anything

goes wrong after that, it was going to anyway, it's not the retailers fault...wouldn't matter in which country or shop you bought it.

I haven't looked at a lot of individual parts. Looking at the list I would say that it is cheaper in Australia. I have a price list from a shop in KL and it is more expensive here too (than the prices quoted).

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Desktops are easy to fix and not much goes wrong. I would be concerned about buying a good brand laptop, but not a desktop.

Worst that can happen is you may get a dodgy mainboard or RAM, either way the individual components are easy to change out

and don't cost you much, whereas Laptops are a different story.

Buy a good quality mainboard ASUS or MSI or something, usually made in Taiwan and good RAM and you will not have a problem.

If anything fails any shop should replace it in the first few months, usually a year but it is thailand I guess. IF anything

goes wrong after that, it was going to anyway, it's not the retailers fault...wouldn't matter in which country or shop you bought it.

This wasn't my experience. I bought an Acer desktop and after 1 year and 1 day (out of warranty) it started giving me trouble. I took it to 3 separate shops (which is a real problem with a heavy desktop on a bike) and although they fixed it eventually it still is giving me problems. That's why i switched to a laptop. At least if it goes wrong it is easy to take to a repair shop.