IGNORED

Buying a new computer

sharktooth

Awrite

I need to buy a new pc for home use, ie not a laptop. Is tutcom as ropey as it sounds, or can you trust the products they sell? I have only ever bought a printer and inks from there before. I don't really wanna part with 25k and find out I bought a lemon.

Any advice would be appreciated

Awrite

I need to buy a new pc for home use, ie not a laptop. Is tutcom as ropey as it sounds, or can you trust the products they sell? I have only ever bought a printer and inks from there before. I don't really wanna part with 25k and find out I bought a lemon.

Any advice would be appreciated

I would never buy anything expensive from an individual vendor in Tuckom, but I have bought a number of things (including a laptop) at Power Buy over the years without any problems. You also get a legitimate warranty. Power Buy is a chain outlet with a couple of other locations around town.

I'd steer well clear of Tukcom.... Not so long ago there was a story of a guy who opened up his "new computer" and found all used components.

Cheers for that. I'll have a look at power buy

Be aware that the warranty they offer at Power buy is only a paper one . Even the extented one you have to pay extra for is fake .

Bought a computer and a power supply there , both broke down after a few months . I ended up heading over to Tukcom to get

the stuff repared as Power buy didn't want to do anything to help me .

Their advice was to send the computer to the manufacturer myself and to keep my fingers crossed everything would work out well .

Power buy , NEVER again for me !!

I think Banana IT or a similar store that only sells IT is a better advice .

Agree with the other posters that Tukcom is fine for getting your pc repared but not to buy one .

Funny you should say that as I have just been reading lots of bad reports on the forum about power buy. Where to go now without being shafted???

Don't any of the big supermarket chains sell computers? The big chains like Carrefour usually have computers at a very good price, not much selection but with the spec of computers nowadays who really cares about choice? At least with the big internationals you have head office to try to sort any problems.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

:08:

I bought my PC at Power Buy and did the Windows set up incl. hardware check a floor lower for 300.- Baht.

After about 3 months the GeForce graphics processor got a defect.

I brought it back to Power Buy, 3 days later it was replaced without any costs.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Cheers for that. I'll have a look at power buy

There have been reports of them having extremely poor after-sales service.

I bought a new computer system from Tucom not long ago and all is good. Before I took it I had them connect it all up and I checked that everything was OK ie memory, processor, hard disk and video card. The first thing I did whne I got home was to open it up and have look at all the bits. The only bad bit was that they said they could install a working copy of Windows 7. It worked for a week and then the software realised that it was not a properly registered copy (I can not blame them for that). If I know the name of the shop I would post it.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

There have been reports of them having extremely poor after-sales service.

... The only bad bit was that they said they could install a working copy of Windows 7. It worked for a week and then the software realised that it was not a properly registered copy (I can blame them for that). If I know the name of the shop I would post it.

When you buy a computer at Power Buy they give you the option of installing a "copy" of Windows 7 for free or they will sell you, and install, the real deal. You take the disc home with you.

You will want to pay the extra freight and get the real deal. A "copy" of Windows 7 will only lead to problems in the future.

That is not a Power Buy problem. That is something you brought on yourself trying to save a few bucks.

To the OP, I would still recommend Power Buy. Just make your purchase using common sense.

When you buy a computer at Power Buy they give you the option of installing a "copy" of Windows 7 for free or they will sell you, and install, the real deal. You take the disc home with you.

You will want to pay the extra freight and get the real deal. A "copy" of Windows 7 will only lead to problems in the future.

That is not a Power Buy problem. That is something you brought on yourself trying to save a few bucks.

To the OP, I would still recommend Power Buy. Just make your purchase using common sense.

Just to be clear the Windows 7 issue has nothing to do with Power Buy. I did not buy the computer from them. If you read my post again you will see that I do not blame anyone for that.

oops I just realised I missed a word in my previous post it should have been..'I can not blame them for that'

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Where to go now without being shafted???

Just go to the cheapest place you can find and like Scumbag said 'make shore

everything is there and working right' don't mind to much about warranty , TIT .

With problems go to Pattaya2U in tukcom and get it fixed for 300 baht .

• 1 month later...

Just go to the cheapest place you can find and like Scumbag said 'make shore

everything is there and working right' don't mind to much about warranty , TIT .

With problems go to Pattaya2U in tukcom and get it fixed for 300 baht .

On which floor is it?

I need to change the hard drive in my laptop and am considering using tukcom.

Pattaya is not just one more place where we can enjoy our favourite hobby, Pattaya is the sacred land where we can practise our religion.

On which floor is it?

I need to change the hard drive in my laptop and am considering using tukcom.

http://www.farangfriendly.com/Company/Pattaya2u-Tukcom-Pattaya-2863.aspx

3th floor .

When you come up the stairs it's a right and a left in the far corner , can't miss it , always busy .

Edited by jerry

......................................................................................

I think Banana IT or a similar store that only sells IT is a better advice .

Agree with the other posters that Tukcom is fine for getting your pc repared but not to buy one .

Not sure if they're affiliated to Banana IT, but same floor round to the side - 'System Brand, Hardware House" TUKCOM.

I had a Desktop assembled to my spec' for about 25k in January - prices all checked out OK and job well done no problems, runs like a dream.

I installed the OS and all Software myself from scratch (not Snatch 555).

Thailands not the place to buy computers but if you must then many of the major manufacturers sell PC's online in Thailand and obviously they come with proper warranty and after sales service

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

If possible, wait until you go to farangland for a visit. I would never buy a computer in LOS since their warranties are worthless. At least in the US, every time I've had a problem I got warranty service.

http://www.farangfriendly.com/Company/Pattaya2u-Tukcom-Pattaya-2863.aspx

3th floor .

When you come up the stairs it's a right and a left in the far corner , can't miss it , always busy .

Cool, thanks!

Pattaya is not just one more place where we can enjoy our favourite hobby, Pattaya is the sacred land where we can practise our religion.

You should give Alex a call, they are doing computers from 3000 baht upwards with only 800 baht call out fee for fixing them. I am trying to get him to advertise on here as his service is great and its already been used by a few board members.

simplicity

0817806005 he is a member on here, please let him know that you are too.

Thailands not the place to buy computers but if you must then many of the major manufacturers sell PC's online in Thailand and obviously they come with proper warranty and after sales service

If possible, wait until you go to farangland for a visit. I would never buy a computer in LOS since their warranties are worthless. At least in the US, every time I've had a problem I got warranty service.

I don't see why you can't buy here, especially if you get one made up from specified components.

Don't forget the OP is talking about a PC Desktop, not a Laptop/Notebook and not many of us are going to cart one of those over here - components maybe.

You should give Alex a call, they are doing computers from 3000 baht upwards with only 800 baht call out fee for fixing them. I am trying to get him to advertise on here as his service is great and its already been used by a few board members.

simplicity

0817806005 he is a member on here, please let him know that you are too.

That sounds interesting. There's quite a lot of folk here who could do with someone trustworthy to take their problems to.

The problem is that if you live in Thailand your farangland warranty is even more worthless that a Thai one.

• 2 weeks later...

Tukcom? No way I'm buying anything expensive from there.. I've bought several USB sticks there for instance, and they have all been defect after a week. Some was not even working when I brought them home.. You never know what you'll get, and that's the problem and a risk to take. Maybe worth going to Bangkok and take a look there for some more seriouse shops? If that even can be found related to electronics in Thailand.

Edited by demigod

Tukcom? No way I'm buying anything expensive from there.. I've bought several USB sticks there for instance, and they have all been defect after a week. Some was not even working when I brought them home.. You never know what you'll get, and that's the problem and a risk to take. Maybe worth going to Bangkok and take a look there for some more seriouse shops? If that even can be found related to electronics in Thailand.

You must just be very unlucky. I have bought lots of of stuff from there and never had a problem. I even got a refund because some dodgy software I bought didn't work. If you buy new stuff and it doesn't work when you get it home you should take it back for replacement. I don't think it is worth travelling to Bangkok for anything other than high end gear.

I've just bought a new Samsung laptop from the Wattana shop in Tukcom and i'm really pleased with it. They seem a reasonable company (as much as any in Thailand) and have a main shop and repair centre on Pattata Klang. I might be a bit cautious about getting a PC made up with separate components but buying a brand name machine should be OK. You seem to get more for your money as well now the Samsung was 18,000 baht but with an i3 processor, 4gb memory and 640 gb drive plus HDMI output.