IGNORED

Is Football Fixed?

sluminit

With Rooney getting away with an on-pitch assault similar to the one that got Joey Barton jailed, Gerrard not going down for throwing punches while his mates, who did not, got convicted, and Van Persie gets a red for kicking a ball, I'm beginning to wonder.

Combine this with some dodgy decisions this season including 2 penalties that never were, a sending off that wasn't, and Nolan remaining on the pitch despite wrestling the Arsenal keeper to the ground in the Newcastle/ Arsenal game and I stop wondering and start to believe.

Add in a legitemate goal and penalty not given for Arsenal against Sunderland, Nani being given a goal and not a red for a deliberate handball against Tottenham, a miilenium of extra-time played between United and City before United scored, and the travesty of the not given penalties in the Barca/Chelsea semi-final a few years back, and I am now convinced.

These decisions always seem to favor certain teams and I would not find it surprising if the refs were given instructions from above to make decisions in these teams favor.

Am I doubting the integrity of FIFA, UEFA, and the FA. Far from it. The awarding of the World Cup to a country that nobody's heard of and that doesn't play football, the alleged but non-investigated bribes, the joke of Wembley costing whay it did (more than mega-stadiums in the USA) proves that they have none. These decisions seem part of all this and of a corrupt sport.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

Hi mate

You've made a lot of good observations in your post and it does seem as though footballers get away with a hell of a lot more than the average man.

Also, do you remember that incident in Leeds when a famous footballer beat up a man. Everything was seen on video as evidence, but I believe he got away with it.

I have been a local referee for a number of years now, and would always say that the referees do not take any sort of bribe, but like any human being, we all made the occasional mistake, just like the players.

Having said that, at the top level, maybe some of them do. Who knows?

Although I'm not an Arsenal supporter, I felt sorry for the second yellow (hence a red) given to Van Persie. Although the ref was correct in making his decision, common sense should have prevailed.

The actual Law is "Delaying the restart of play", for which he got his yellow.

I think football at the top level has changed a lot recently. Players "win" free kicks by going down at the slightest touch, for example. Also, there is too much moaning by players at the officials, even when it is proved

that the decisions are correct. I don't go to watch top level football any more. Not even Derby County (OK, I know they aren't a top side).

Tony

soccer is definatly fixed :10of10Score:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

:Hello: i notes that most of your observations seem to be though rose tinted glasses, we all can point to the decisions that go against your team :NoNo3: ,but in my opinion you get as many for :Clap: an against :001_Thank_You5:

That refereeing decision in the Arsenal vs. Barcelona match definitely spoiled that game of football as a contest. Yes, Barcelona where the more skilful team, yes, they totally dominated possession but Arsene Wenger had predicted the superior possession % before the first leg and it was considered in his strategy. RVP's sending off totally changed the dynamics of the match simultaneously removing Arsenal's biggest threat to Barcelona, not to mention forcing Arsenal to play with 10 men against the last team on earth you want to play against with a numerical disadvantage.

I don't know if it was a case of fixing, the ref couldn't have done a better job though if it was. A bad decision for lovers of the game IMO.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

You always wonder what some officials are thinking when they make or miss a call. I do not think it is fixed, I think the officials have a very tough job. Remember, we get to see the match on a TV and then multiple replays, slow motion. The speed of the game today is amazing, imagine what it is like for a person to catch everything. Sure they make mistakes, they are human.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

You always wonder what some officials are thinking when they make or miss a call. I do not think it is fixed, I think the officials have a very tough job. Remember, we get to see the match on a TV and then multiple replays, slow motion. The speed of the game today is amazing, imagine what it is like for a person to catch everything. Sure they make mistakes, they are human.

Generally I agree with this but as regards the Arsenal vs. Barcelona game the referee could not miss the fact that only 1 second had elapsed between him blowing the whistle and Van Persie taking that shot. Actually I can well believe that he didn't even hear the whistle as he charged forward in a stadium with a 95000 crowd, common sense should have been applied.

Generally I agree with this but as regards the Arsenal vs. Barcelona game the referee could not miss the fact that only 1 second had elapsed between him blowing the whistle and Van Persie taking that shot. Actually I can well believe that he didn't even hear the whistle as he charged forward in a stadium with a 95000 crowd, common sense should have been applied.

decisions go back and forth and will always be the subject of great debate, football has always been like that

TV is now giving the armchair supporters plenty to feed on and referees have to be at 100% every week or face international focus

Re RVP every other time the referee blew it was heard, its an easy excuse when a decision goes against you that you did not hear the whistle

I know it was very very quick however rules are there for all and I do not think for one second that this was part of any fix by the referee

As to the OP of course games are fixed and it seems on a weekly basis they are getting found out more and more

As to the highest level of the game as in Premiership , La Liga I do not think that is the case now

Betting exchanges are pretty well regulated and anything at all that is suspicious is investigated straight away

decisions go back and forth and will always be the subject of great debate, football has always been like that

TV is now giving the armchair supporters plenty to feed on and referees have to be at 100% every week or face international focus

Re RVP every other time the referee blew it was heard, its an easy excuse when a decision goes against you that you did not hear the whistle

I know it was very very quick however rules are there for all and I do not think for one second that this was part of any fix by the referee

As to the OP of course games are fixed and it seems on a weekly basis they are getting found out more and more

As to the highest level of the game as in Premiership , La Liga I do not think that is the case now

Betting exchanges are pretty well regulated and anything at all that is suspicious is investigated straight away

Because it's probably true in this instance, IMO the referee should have given a reasonable amount of time for RVP to react even if he did hear the whistle beofre making such an important decision. Of course it's done now but still a bad decision IMO.

Because it's probably true in this instance, IMO the referee should have given a reasonable amount of time for RVP to react even if he did hear the whistle beofre making such an important decision. Of course it's done now but still a bad decision IMO.

you don,t happen to be an arsenal supporter,do you.

you don,t happen to be an arsenal supporter,do you.

As you well know! More to the point, what did you think of that decision?

As you well know! More to the point, what did you think of that decision?

harsh to say the least,but so was the decision to not give a penalty when messi was brought down in the box,i like arsenal i love watching them play ,its your self rightous mourning manager i can,t stand him, hes an hypocrite.

Hi mate

You've made a lot of good observations in your post and it does seem as though footballers get away with a hell of a lot more than the average man.

Also, do you remember that incident in Leeds when a famous footballer beat up a man. Everything was seen on video as evidence, but I believe he got away with it.

I have been a local referee for a number of years now, and would always say that the referees do not take any sort of bribe, but like any human being, we all made the occasional mistake, just like the players.

Having said that, at the top level, maybe some of them do. Who knows?

Although I'm not an Arsenal supporter, I felt sorry for the second yellow (hence a red) given to Van Persie. Although the ref was correct in making his decision, common sense should have prevailed.

The actual Law is "Delaying the restart of play", for which he got his yellow.

I think football at the top level has changed a lot recently. Players "win" free kicks by going down at the slightest touch, for example. Also, there is too much moaning by players at the officials, even when it is proved

that the decisions are correct. I don't go to watch top level football any more. Not even Derby County (OK, I know they aren't a top side).

Tony

of all the places to find a sheep hehehe.

van persie can't complain, he already had one stupid yellow and then he follows it up by getting another one. he knew he was offside, look at the smirk on his face when he turned round after skying his shot into orbit. wenger should be directing his anger at van persie, not the ref.

that said, the big boys get away with things the rest of us do not. jamie carraghers tackle on nani at the weekend was a horror show and then rafael jumped in two footed in ridiculous fashion moments later. not only were they both only booked when they should have been sent off, the pundits applauded the ref for his decisions. astonishing.

With Rooney getting away with an on-pitch assault similar to the one that got Joey Barton jailed, Gerrard not going down for throwing punches while his mates, who did not, got convicted, and Van Persie gets a red for kicking a ball, I'm beginning to wonder.

Combine this with some dodgy decisions this season including 2 penalties that never were, a sending off that wasn't, and Nolan remaining on the pitch despite wrestling the Arsenal keeper to the ground in the Newcastle/ Arsenal game and I stop wondering and start to believe.

Add in a legitemate goal and penalty not given for Arsenal against Sunderland, Nani being given a goal and not a red for a deliberate handball against Tottenham, a miilenium of extra-time played between United and City before United scored, and the travesty of the not given penalties in the Barca/Chelsea semi-final a few years back, and I am now convinced.

These decisions always seem to favor certain teams and I would not find it surprising if the refs were given instructions from above to make decisions in these teams favor.

Am I doubting the integrity of FIFA, UEFA, and the FA. Far from it. The awarding of the World Cup to a country that nobody's heard of and that doesn't play football, the alleged but non-investigated bribes, the joke of Wembley costing whay it did (more than mega-stadiums in the USA) proves that they have none. These decisions seem part of all this and of a corrupt sport.

Youre obviously a bitter blue...You lot are so easy to spot..."Rooneys on -pitch assault similar to the one that got barton jailed"What a load of bollox...meanwhile 35 years and youve won fuck all ---its so funny £450 million quid spent and you can win cock all...its just so funny-55555 massive club my arse...

I would suggest that there is bribery within the game. No Evidence.

RVP may have been paid off by Barca to get himself sent off.

Back in the 80s, three players in court over taking back handers, not sure of the case out come.( Bruce Grobbelrrrrrr)?

Look at cricket and the corruption that has been linked and admitted in that game.

Rugby, with the fake blood episode is another where the true course of the game was perverted for gain.

Snooker in the 70s Perry Manns, caught, losing frames on purpose.

I have no doubt that many a jockey, no names spring to mind, have taken a fall or not tried too hard on an odds on favourite.

Tennis is the one that gets me,these top players practice hour upon hour, day after day, then in the first round of a major get knock out by serving 10 double faults, and nothing ever appears to be done or said except bad luck.

Where there is money , there is corruption, and that is not exclusive to sports.

The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental.

Youre obviously a bitter blue...You lot are so easy to spot..."Rooneys on -pitch assault similar to the one that got barton jailed"What a load of bollox...meanwhile 35 years and youve won fuck all ---its so funny £450 million quid spent and you can win cock all...its just so funny-55555 massive club my arse...

which part of manchester do you live.?

I always believed that the FA and FIFA and UEFA should should bring in a Technology to control the football matches and overule the referee wrongful decisions,,, Look at crickets, Rugby Union (TRIES), American Football Etc, and they are all successful rate with no cheat reported,, The Technology would be a two/three man team in the Technology room with TV and decide whether it was a send off offence, an offside, a goal on the line Etc... A waste of money to use six Officials on those matches, Van Persie send off was a disgrace, France Henry handball goal against Ireland was also a disgrace, Technology is perfect for football world, Cheat will be no more, ... Blatter and Platini does not want Technology. I am really sick of football cheat and terrible referee decisions... Clean them out with the technology methods....

I've got some saying I'm a gooner and another a citizen. To the latter, shows his ignorance, that's why he must be a woMan U supporter from Cornwall. Most of them are; Mancs support city.

Yes, I am a Gooner, but if you read my post it also includes decisions against Tottenham and Chelsea, both of which shamed the game. That it hardly partisan.

You've also all assumed I'm talking about bribery. Not true. What I implied was that FIFA etc instruct their officials to favor certain teams ie. What's good for the certain teams and places is good for the associations and their free-loading members. Imagine Young Boys v Shakta in the Chumps Lge final. Would not pay for all those freebies. 150 quid a ticket. Who wgo to the game, let alone watch it?

Now, do you get my drift? The officials were "Only following orders." not being bribed.

To saythat the game ain't bent is like saying that Prem Lge Managers don't wear hairpieces. Why hasn't anybody picked up on either?

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

I always believed that the FA and FIFA and UEFA should should bring in a Technology to control the football matches and overule the referee wrongful decisions,,, Look at crickets, Rugby Union (TRIES), American Football Etc, and they are all successful rate with no cheat reported,, The Technology would be a two/three man team in the Technology room with TV and decide whether it was a send off offence, an offside, a goal on the line Etc... A waste of money to use six Officials on those matches, Van Persie send off was a disgrace, France Henry handball goal against Ireland was also a disgrace, Technology is perfect for football world, Cheat will be no more, ... Blatter and Platini does not want Technology. I am really sick of football cheat and terrible referee decisions... Clean them out with the technology methods....

Cheers,forgot about France/Ireland. And then Fifa decided on seeded play-offs after the results. They wanted the big boys in the finals. Then they decided that the oil-wealth World Cup should be held in winter, after the votes.

Come on!

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

sorry but technology is not logical in a game of football ,where example do you draw the line,stop the game everytime theres a debabale fool,everytime a close offside decision,its just laugable the game would go on for hours,i think that teams should take the rough with the smooth and think not about the time they should have had a penelty,but the time they got away conceding one.over the season you win some and you lose some.

harsh to say the least,but so was the decision to not give a penalty when messi was brought down in the box,i like arsenal i love watching them play ,its your self rightous mourning manager i can,t stand him, hes an hypocrite.

i will say one thing though ia,m convinced rvp heard the whistle,if he had not heard the whistle theres noway he would have shot with his right foot ,he would check ,cut inside and place it with his left.

which part of manchester do you live.?

m19-levenshulme,real manchester,not Rochdale.....nice try bitter! dinamo kiev 2 city0 35 years ,cock all

I've got some saying I'm a gooner and another a citizen. To the latter, shows his ignorance, that's why he must be a woMan U supporter from Cornwall. Most of them are; Mancs support city.

an urban myth....in the last poll carried out by the manchester evening news,in Manchester,5years ago,73% do those who expessed an opinion said they supported United.

A greater percentage of Uniteds season ticket holders also come from within manchester postcodes,as opposed to City's.

Why don't you try and find out facts ,instead of re-gurgitating urban myths....City have always been a small club,are still 2nd rate in manchester,and always will be....

an urban myth....in the last poll carried out by the manchester evening news,in Manchester,5years ago,73% do those who expessed an opinion said they supported United.

A greater percentage of Uniteds season ticket holders also come from within manchester postcodes,as opposed to City's.

Why don't you try and find out facts ,instead of re-gurgitating urban myths....City have always been a small club,are still 2nd rate in manchester,and always will be....

Who cares, and what's your loathing of city got to do woth the topic?

Anyway, nobody lives in Manchester, they only exist.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

Who cares, and what's your loathing of city got to do woth the topic?

Anyway, nobody lives in Manchester, they only exist.

Well,what a wanker you are...Im putting the record straight coz you said most Mancunians support City,so 73% of us care.

I'd rather exist in Manchester than slum it in London,is that why you moved to bkk "slumin it"?

555..you shot yourself in the foot with that name me old cock sparrer...

Archived