IGNORED

Who stays in 2000b a night places?

sydneyisshit

Just wondering who and why some guys prefer to spend 2000 b plus a night on accomodation when your on holidays in Pattaya?

Look,I know most of you,including me dont want some dirty rundown room BUT decent clean rooms at around 500b to 1200b a night are plentiful,so why do some of you prefer deluxe rooms willing to pay 2000b or even 3000 baht a night.

Personaly all i need in my room is A/CON,hotwater jug,cable TV with a lot of channels,clean shower/toilet,double bed,clean room,roomsafe.

I dont need spa ,pool etc,but many on our first trips probaly wanted to splurge but i cannot see any justification for spending a lot.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Perthie

• Thaihot

• Joltin' Joe

• LRanger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No idea me old mate! Cleanliness, secure, central and girl friendly are my key points. Its nice to have a pool and a breakfast but the sea is never far away and you can always use some one else's pool for a few Baht if you don't fancy that, and as for a breakfast. You can get one anywhere for a few Baht too, at a time when its suits you.

I am a firm believer that once you spend 1000b every thing else is just "decoration" and service. Things that most will not appreciate or use. Usually I would stay at the Areca Lodge but just for a change I will be staying at the Changton house. This will save me about 700b per day. Even if I buy a breaky everyday I will still be quids in. And the more money in my pocket means more money to spend on other activities.

Have a great time in Pattaya, who every you end up, Oops! where every you end up!!

Yeah I spend 2000 baht and up on the hotels I stay at most times unless I get a great price on somewhere for 1800 baht or so.

The reasons I do it are

A) I really like to stay in a nice place. For some guys its a waste of money but I for one really enjoy a bit of luxury and consider it money well spent. Also like to stay in a place with a pool which you would not get in a 500 baht guest house.

B) At the end of the day 2000 baht is only 60 AUD which is still very cheap and great value for money.

For me although I am just an average Joe a far as money goes the four weeks holidays I get a year is such a short time to spend worrying about saving a few dollars.

I am sure there will be just as many that agree with me as those who disagree and thats fine.

Each to there own

JD

Edited by JD1

As I usually stay in the Dusit.

I am definately in the over 2000 per night. I do it because I want to.

I am not out to impress a bar girl I just want really good service a great room with a fantastic view.

I work hard for my 2 or 3 trips a year so want the best time I can have.

I have stayed in bars 2 star 3 star hotels and I am booked into the Windmill resort for 2 weeks this Saturday.

But come July I will be back at the Dusit paying a fortune and loving every minute of it.

Upcoming trip, suite at 3,100THB a night. Again, just another Average Joe with an average job. I kinda like the idea of this for a few weeks though....

110129102612.jpg

Why? I have 3 weeks in town and I'm spoiling myself. I want it all. I think I'm worth itGoldenSmile1.gif.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Yeah I spend 2000 baht and up on the hotels I stay at most times unless I get a great price on somewhere for 1800 baht or so.

The reasons I do it are

A) I really like to stay in a nice place. For some guys its a waste of money but I for one really enjoy a bit of luxury and consider it money well spent. Also like to stay in a place with a pool which you would not get in a 500 baht guest house.

B) At the end of the day 2000 baht is only 60 AUD which is still very cheap and great value for money.

For me although I am just an average Joe a far as money goes the four weeks holidays I get a year is such a short time to spend worrying about saving a few dollars.

I am sure there will be just as many that agree with me as those who disagree and thats fine.

Each to there own

JD

I think this sums it up perfectly for me. Some people will only get the chance to come over once a year, maybe 2 if there lucky. Why wouldn't you want to live it up and stay somewhere nice, hell for $60 in in Aus you'd be lucky to get a shitty motel room in the country somewhere.

Me personally, I prefer the Guesthouse option, not because of cost but purely because I enjoy meeting other Mongers who share their stories and experiences. Last trip I stayed in LK Metro, whenever I wanted a swim I just went up the road to the Areca Lodge, sat by the pool, had something to eat and had a dip

Cheers

Jon

Upcoming trip, suite at 3,100THB a night. Again, just another Average Joe with an average job. I kinda like the idea of this for a few weeks though....

post-36749-0-22328000-1299545926.jpg

Why? I have 3 weeks in town and I'm spoiling myself. I want it all. I think I'm worth itGoldenSmile1.gif.

Cheers

Perthie

Great answer & good call its your money, trip & right. :GoldenSmile1:

Just where is the hotel in your pic it looks bloody amazing ????

:001_Thank_You5:

Great answer & good call its your money, trip & right. :GoldenSmile1:

Just where is the hotel in your pic it looks bloody amazing ????

It's the Versace Suite, LK Royal Suites, Soi Buakhao. Got good reviews for the suite and the price is right low-season. Separate bedroom, living room, full kitchen, spa in bathroom. Probably not the most luxurious place in Pattaya but right on the money for me. I also fancied being just a little way out of the main entertainment area, though Buakhao and LK Metro are getting quite a Rep as the places to be these days.

Should be a good tripGoldenSmile1.gif.

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Just my 2 baht on the subject.

As noted the above pros and cons. For me after my 5th trip, I now rent a condo in Jomtien for 5Kb a month( plus water and electric)+/- 1.5Kb .( 6 month rate, paid month to month, and I pay even if I'm not here. I now come to LOS with only cash, and a small carry on )

It works for me, not fancy but, hot shower, aircon, etc and a euro kitchen so my TGF can cook for me. Money I save I spend on travel ! You can see/travel a lot on 50Kb in a month.

5th trip in a year, I just might be a addict :)

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

My very limited time off of work is more valuable to me than the little extra money I pay for a nicer place to stay. I only come over for 2-3 weeks once or twice per year and I feel like I need to treat myself. If I had the opportunity to stay longer, I would probably opt for a condo or guesthouse.

I come for a holiday and to relax. I am not here on a mongering holiday as such so I like a nice play where it is comfortable and quiet as I get up early each day and when in the room I do like to relax and have a comfortable place. Pattaya offers good value for the 2000 range, especially in the low season. I am not trying to impress others but find it more enjoyable for me. Some people spend a lot on lady drinks, bar fines and ladies while I spend it on other pursuits and room. Each to their own I guess. Up to you and there is no right answer as we all have different priorities.

Common sense is not very common.

Just wondering who and why some guys prefer to spend 2000 b plus a night on accomodation when your on holidays in Pattaya?

Look,I know most of you,including me dont want some dirty rundown room BUT decent clean rooms at around 500b to 1200b a night are plentiful,so why do some of you prefer deluxe rooms willing to pay 2000b or even 3000 baht a night.

Personaly all i need in my room is A/CON,hotwater jug,cable TV with a lot of channels,clean shower/toilet,double bed,clean room,roomsafe.

I dont need spa ,pool etc,but many on our first trips probaly wanted to splurge but i cannot see any justification for spending a lot.

I usually pay something like 1400-2000baht. Tim Boutique hotel, Flipper house hotel, Sabai Lodge etc.

For me it is very important that there is a nice swimmingpool for example. I don't need any huge luxury, but then again, some nice 3 or 4 star hotel is just perfect for me.

And also when thinking about my budget for normal 2 week trip:

Flight 800€

Spending money 2000-2500€

hotel approx 600€ (if choose to take room for 1700baht/night)

So I see no point of choosing some 800baht/night hotel and save about 300€ euros, 'cause it so not so much when considering the entire budget of my trip. I also think that I have earned some nice hotel to stay in :)

And I'm also an average Joe. Earning 3000€ per month (before taxes).

Each trip to Pattaya I have stayed at the Pinewood Residence in the little back st just off second road opposite the end of Soi 6.

I pay around 1750bt a night for the large delux room.

This is a nice big room with a meals area with table and chairs then a nice lounge and a full kitchen.

I travel alot around Australia with work and genrally stay in good but simple motels as only sleeping there then on my way agin come morning.

When on holiday I like to stay in something a little more spacious and classy so it has the full holiday appeal.

Traveling in Asia with work its a Shangri-la hotel or some other very nice resort well out of my normal budget so 1750bt a night when paying myself gets me something nice I can afford.

I have said before that sometimes I think the BG's see the nice flash room and then expect more $$$'s

If and when I do a short trip which is purely to seek as much pleasure as possible I will go a cheaper room as I wont really care about my room only the girl in there with me!

Good thread & some great points & info.

Got to agree there are some really fancy places available for B2000 in the low season. If you've got the money spend it because you only live once.

I always stay in nicer hotels when in Thailand, and the reason is very simple: it improves the quality of my vacation.

4 and 5 star hotels in Thailand are still very cheap compared to hotels in the west, so it is really money well spent.

I like Perthie enjoy the LK Royal Suite on Soi Boo-Cow it's a nice hotel. I'm gonna try the Sea Sand Sun Resort the last couple days of my trip this time to check it out.

As I have said many times on here...

I usually stay 2-3 nights at Secrets hotel for around 800Baht/night (relatively new, clean, comfortable, 1/2 block off of WS so well located)...

and then 2-3 weeks at Pattaya Bay Resort (centrally located to all points in town, but 1 block off 2nd so quiet, like-new, clean, comfortable, pool and a FANTASTIC staff) for around 1000B/night off-season (Apr 15 to Nov 1 I think).

Then, for 5-7 days I step it up to a place that is 2000-4000Baht/night IF i find a GFE that I just want to get away from the action with (I love the new 5-star resort up on the north end of town, it is awesome!)...otherwise I just stay at the PBR as I am so happy there it is now like a home away from home...only improvement they could make IMHO is a better mattress (pillow top would be cool)...but what they have is acceptable and I generally sleep like a baby.

I guess my reasons for spending what I do is I am FANATICAL about cleanliness and the general condition of fixtures and furnishings. I will not stay in a place for 500Baht/night if it does not meet my standards. And, I only spend as much as I have to to achieve the level I want...no more...as I dont see the point.

I have a job where I travel A LOT! And, I am given a budget per day, and I get it whether I spend it or not (and yes, I have to dip into my own pocket if I go over)...so often, rather than spending the $150USD/day I get, I will find a less expensive hotel (usually like $75 will get me what I want except in major cities) and I pocket the difference cuz I am comfortable with what I get for $75...so I dont see the point in spending more, and I pocket the difference (as I am allowed to) and I put it toward my personal trips (as well as the hotel points...hehehe).

I will admit that, from everywhere I have been in the world (and that's a lot of places), Bangkok and Pattaya have some really great bargains for 5-star hotels...in my home town (also a resort beach town), the Ritz Carlton STARTS at $495USD/night and goes to about $795USD/night for just a room...NOT a suite. I can get the same thing in Pattaya for $100USD/night, so yes, its a great bargain...but, I am just a fugal person in general, so I just don't spend it unless its for someone special with me (personally, I don't need that much luxury to be happy when traveling since I have given myself that level at my home and can enjoy it anytime I choose).

But as I always say, YOUR BAHT, YOUR CHOICE...its all good!

Cheers, alex

As I have said many times on here...

I usually stay 2-3 nights at Secrets Hotel for around 800Baht/night (relatively new, clean, comfortable, 1/2 block off of WS so well located)...

and then 2-3 weeks at Pattaya Bay Resort (centrally located to all points in town, but 1 block off 2nd so quiet, like-new, clean, comfortable, pool and a FANTASTIC staff) for around 1000B/night off-season (Apr 15 to Nov 1 I think).

Then, for 5-7 days I step it up to a place that is 2000-4000Baht/night IF i find a GFE that I just want to get away from the action with (I love the new 5-star resort up on the north end of town, it is awesome!)...otherwise I just stay at the PBR as I am so happy there it is now like a home away from home...only improvement they could make IMHO is a better mattress (pillow top would be cool)...but what they have is acceptable and I generally sleep like a baby.

I guess my reasons for spending what I do is I am FANATICAL about cleanliness and the general condition of fixtures and furnishings. I will not stay in a place for 500Baht/night if it does not meet my standards. And, I only spend as much as I have to to achieve the level I want...no more...as I dont see the point.

I have a job where I travel A LOT! And, I am given a budget per day, and I get it whether I spend it or not (and yes, I have to dip into my own pocket if I go over)...so often, rather than spending the $150USD/day I get, I will find a less expensive hotel (usually like $75 will get me what I want except in major cities) and I pocket the difference cuz I am comfortable with what I get for $75...so I dont see the point in spending more, and I pocket the difference (as I am allowed to) and I put it toward my personal trips (as well as the hotel points...hehehe).

I will admit that, from everywhere I have been in the world (and that's a lot of places), Bangkok and Pattaya have some really great bargains for 5-star hotels...in my home town (also a resort beach town), the Ritz Carlton STARTS at $495USD/night and goes to about $795USD/night for just a room...NOT a suite. I can get the same thing in Pattaya for $100USD/night, so yes, its a great bargain...but, I am just a fugal person in general, so I just don't spend it unless its for someone special with me (personally, I don't need that much luxury to be happy when traveling since I have given myself that level at my home and can enjoy it anytime I choose).

But as I always say, YOUR BAHT, YOUR CHOICE...its all good!

Cheers, alex

Good read & thanks for your info.

I have stayed at places like Summer Springs for 1400 baht a night, but also stayed at Holiday Inn for about 2800 a night (discounted from about 4000 per night).

My view is, yes im going to Pattaya to fuck bar girls, BUT its also my vacation so I like a bit of luxury with my hotel.

And like other posted, 2000 baht a night is like $66 Aussie a night, so its well worth the cash in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I pay 1500 bht because I like having a swimming pool as the sea is so dirty to swim in.

At that price you can have 24 hr room service and decent hotel which I find more than acceptable.

I only stay for 2-3 weeks at a time if I stayed longer might stay somewhere cheaper or rent a condo.

It partly comes down your income clear £4k a month after tax with no real big outgoings (no mortgage) so don't really worry about the cost on short trips and am sure that those who stay in the more expensive places it is probably more to do with income than the type of hotel they want.

Could afford a better hotel but the friend I go with has less cash and wants to spend less which is fine with me as hotel for 1500 bht is perfect.

Just my view.

It's the Versace Suite, LK Royal Suites, Soi Buakhao. Got good reviews for the suite and the price is right low-season. Separate bedroom, living room, full kitchen, spa in bathroom. Probably not the most luxurious place in Pattaya but right on the money for me. I also fancied being just a little way out of the main entertainment area, though Buakhao and LK Metro are getting quite a Rep as the places to be these days.

Should be a good tripGoldenSmile1.gif.

Perthie

Hey Perthie, don't think I can make it in May but if I can stay on the couch at your place I might be in. :GoldenSmile1:

Hey Perthie, don't think I can make it in May but if I can stay on the couch at your place I might be in. :GoldenSmile1:

I might get some strange looks from the girls at reception when I check you in, but you're always welcome mateGoldenSmile1.gif. On second thoughts, all the girls lubbed you too mutt so maybe you should stay home and give the rest of us mortals a chance!! Fear not, wetwillie and I will raise a soda or two in your honour.

Cheers

Perthie

I come long time to Patt and stay at a small hotel called White Rose 2.From WS left side a small soi at P72.In the middle from WS to 2 RD.

Last year they renovaid totally.Not luxury,but clean and all you need for a good stay.Only 680 BT per night.

And if it's enough for you,i can recommend it highly for this category.Cheers.

But if you need more ,its up ti each own.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif