Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Who stays in 2000b a night places?

sydneyisshit

I usually pay somewhere between 1500-2500.

Why:

A properly clean room

I like having a separate bath & shower.

Decent size & quality TV.

Silent Air-con

No traffic or next door neighbor noise.

Large comfortable bed with clean bed sheets that aren't worn out.

Reliable WiFi

A decent gym.

If someone's getting that for less let me know :)

Edited by 1981bob

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Perthie

• Thaihot

• Joltin' Joe

• midge

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wondering who and why some guys prefer to spend 2000 b plus a night on accomodation when your on holidays in Pattaya?

Look,I know most of you,including me dont want some dirty rundown room BUT decent clean rooms at around 500b to 1200b a night are plentiful,so why do some of you prefer deluxe rooms willing to pay 2000b or even 3000 baht a night.

Personaly all i need in my room is A/CON,hotwater jug,cable TV with a lot of channels,clean shower/toilet,double bed,clean room,roomsafe.

I dont need spa ,pool etc,but many on our first trips probaly wanted to splurge but i cannot see any justification for spending a lot.

In my last holliday i meet a friend in soi Chayapoon at rhe EURASIA Guesthouse.

They only have 3 appartements,but big enough that you can spend a rainy day inside.

Have good furniture,full kitchen,very nice bathroom and all the other things you need.

and the room rate is from first floor 700,750 and last with a small wintergarden 800 BT per day.

It's really worth a look.Can highly recommend it.Cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I will pay what I need to pay to have a very good, comfortable bed. I live 12 time zones away from LOS, and the jetlag can be a killer. I need to be able to get good sleep. Saving 1500 - 2000 baht a day isn't worth it if I'm walking around half awake and not really enjoying myself.

I really like the guest houses on LK Metro, and for me it's the perfect location. But the beds in those places, at least the ones where I've stayed, are just not good enough.

LM

• 2 weeks later...

Upcoming trip, suite at 3,100THB a night. Again, just another Average Joe with an average job. I kinda like the idea of this for a few weeks though....

Why? I have 3 weeks in town and I'm spoiling myself. I want it all. I think I'm worth ithttp://www.pattaya-a...oticons/default

Cheers

Perthie

Hi Perthie,

Don't know if you have booked already but this suite is available at agoda.com for 2,464 baht/night

Just spent a week in Bangkok and a week in Patts. Stayed in a first rate hotel in Bangkok and a 1,000 baht a night hotel in Patts. Wish I would have moved after first day in Pattaya. The room was clean, but no comparison to the one in Bangkok. As the days went by and I was getting a little 'shagged out', found a gogo girl I wanted to LT with. She was great, but I would have enjoyed myself more if I had stayed at a nicer place. If it would have cost me 1,000 baht a day for more comfort and enjoyable surroundings, that's about $30 USD a day difference, would have been (and will be next time) money well spent.

Personally i dont stay in 2000+ places, but in perspective that money would let me stay in a bed n breakfast in my home country. Can easily understand why people will pay that for a nice hotel in pattaya. Great value if you ask me.

Hi Perthie,

Don't know if you have booked already but this suite is available at agoda.com for 2,464 baht/night

Thanks for the tip - I checked Agoda again for my dates, and yes they have the Suite apparently cheaper at about $83 a night, but they add taxes of $17 on at the booking stage that rolls the price back up to $100 a night again. If I could have saved around 13,000THB I'd have cancelled and re-booked immediatelyGoldenSmile1.gif.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Think this is my first post... I tend to lurk too much in forums =).

I am 32, and have only been one time to Pattaya, last summer in July. I stayed at two hotels, both in the 2000 & up range. First was Baboona on the northern end of beach road. Far and away I wish I had spent my whole trip there. Awesome corner room on the top floor across from the beach, cost me around 2000 baht a night with a giant balcony I could relax on. Having the beach so close was amazing and really made my stay there the highlight of my trip (which was needed, I spent a few days in Bangkok and was quickly tired of the smells and noise). Second hotel was the Tim Boutique. This was a fairly nice hotel, and I did like it, but it was honestly a disappointment having come from the Baboona (and I had booked by agoda so I figured it was a done deal).

I am actually going to Pattaya again probably for Golden Week (I work and live in Japan) 4/30-5/8, unfortunately Baboona is not available, so I am currently scouring for a nice room next to the beach with a large balcony to relax on, hoping I can find something soon! (anyone have tips on a nice place on the beach under 2500 baht?)

I like to spend around 2000 in part because I feel like since I am spending around $1100 to fly to there for 1 week of vacation, I (personally, this isn't for everyone) cannot justify saving a total of ~$250 on the total trip cost just to stay in a cheap hotel vs something really nice. And for me relaxing on a balcony looking out to the water is a big ++. Relaxing on a balcony looking out to the water with a pretty Thai girl, that's just +perfect+.

Ryan

Only have a couple of weeks holiday a year, so don't mind paying a little extra for some luxery. I'm on holiday so want to relax and get the most out of these few weeks.

The most important things I look for in an hotel (besides the location):

- the bed, the magic happens here. And after going to sleep late and drunk I think having a good bed is very important,

- bathroom, I like the bathroom big and modern. Prefer also to have a separate bath and shower. Glass walls between the bathroom and bedroom are a bonus,

- airconditioning, my country always has bad weather, nobody here has aircon. That makes that I'm not really used to it. To sleep well this means I need a silent aircon, else I'll wake up all the time at night and usually will end up turning the aircon off resulting in an overheated room and giving me a headache.

These things tend to push the price a little bit up, but still compared to western countries you get excellent hotels in Thailand for a relatively good price.

Edited by Norad

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!

Never spend less than 2000 baht a night.

Why ?

A/ I work all year long to merit my 5 weeks holidays, most of all in Patt. I don't wanna live there like I do in my country, in a small appartment.

B/ Even if girls will fallow you anywhere for 1000 baht, I like to see there smile when they enter in my room. Maybe it doesn't change anything, but it's definitely a good start to make her confortable.

C/ For 2000 baht in London, Paris or Barcelona, you're not even sure to have bathroom in your hotel room. In pattaya, you got a wonderful 80 m2 suite, shower and bathtube, good service, giant LCD TV (sometimes 2), pool, gym, and so on. Such a good deal !

Think this is my first post... I tend to lurk too much in forums =).

I am 32, and have only been one time to Pattaya, last summer in July. I stayed at two hotels, both in the 2000 & up range. First was Baboona on the northern end of beach road. Far and away I wish I had spent my whole trip there. Awesome corner room on the top floor across from the beach, cost me around 2000 baht a night with a giant balcony I could relax on. Having the beach so close was amazing and really made my stay there the highlight of my trip (which was needed, I spent a few days in Bangkok and was quickly tired of the smells and noise). Second hotel was the Tim Boutique. This was a fairly nice hotel, and I did like it, but it was honestly a disappointment having come from the Baboona (and I had booked by agoda so I figured it was a done deal).

I am actually going to Pattaya again probably for Golden Week (I work and live in Japan) 4/30-5/8, unfortunately Baboona is not available, so I am currently scouring for a nice room next to the beach with a large balcony to relax on, hoping I can find something soon! (anyone have tips on a nice place on the beach under 2500 baht?)

I like to spend around 2000 in part because I feel like since I am spending around $1100 to fly to there for 1 week of vacation, I (personally, this isn't for everyone) cannot justify saving a total of ~$250 on the total trip cost just to stay in a cheap hotel vs something really nice. And for me relaxing on a balcony looking out to the water is a big ++. Relaxing on a balcony looking out to the water with a pretty Thai girl, that's just +perfect+.

Ryan

When I was there last month I saw a place called Summer Spring hotel on Soi 1 that looks pretty good and is in that price range. I think it's fairly new. It's about half way between Beach Road and Second Road, a short walk to either street to catch a baht bus, depending which direction you want to go. They have sea view balconies too, check out summerspringhotel.com. It's on my short list of places to stay next trip.

Good luck and welcome to PA.

When I was there last month I saw a place called Summer Spring Hotel on Soi 1 that looks pretty good and is in that price range. I think it's fairly new. It's about half way between Beach Road and Second Road, a short walk to either street to catch a baht bus, depending which direction you want to go. They have sea view balconies too, check out summerspringhotel.com. It's on my short list of places to stay next trip.

Good luck and welcome to PA.

Joiner Fee?

Did you get any special deal?

I prefer to stay in a hotel room / space that I can also enjoying being in, considering I will be spending a healthy amount of time in it.

On a secondary level, it oftentimes makes the girls feel far more comfortable to be with you, if you stay in a nice place, and if you allow them to enjoy the place in the same manner (ie use the pool, the facilities, use room service, etc...).

Finally, nothing beats banging a hot girl in nice surroundings ;-)

Joiner Fee?

Did you get any special deal?

Socrates.......I didn't stay there, but in a place nearby. I just noticed the place when walking past and thought it looked good, so looked it up online when I got home.

Good question about joiner fees, sorry I don't know. Maybe you could contact them or another BM might know. Please post joiner fee info if you find out. If they do have fees I'll have to take it off my list of possibles.

Good luck.

For me, getting a nice hotel room for a cheap price is part of the fun of going to Thailand.

Haven't been to Pattaya yet, but Bangkok has an amazing selection of mid-tier hotels that give you so much more bang for your buck than any other major city.

If I could be one of those guys who gets to spend months each year there, I would look harder for value. But I only have a short window and paying a bit more to bump my accommodations from "fine" to "great" is worth it for me.

Everyone has different things they find important. I'm crazy about food so I refuse to touch Western food when I'm in Asia as I consider it a waste of stomach space. I realize not everyone feels the same way and it's totally cool. :P

1800B for View Talay 6 studio on 26th floor with the best view in Pattaya, in a great location, with laundries etc on site. You could not get a shit caravan in australia for that. And with the AussieD at 32 to the baht, hey $56.25 per night, I can handle that. Easy. Go Aussie Go!!

1800B for View Talay 6 studio on 26th floor with the best view in Pattaya, in a great location, with laundries etc on site. You could not get a shit caravan in australia for that. And with the AussieD at 32 to the baht, hey $56.25 per night, I can handle that. Easy. Go Aussie Go!!

hi mate, is that next to the Central Festival Mall,

feenzy

I love view talay 6. I stayed there for a month last year and it worked out to B1000 a night. If you're staying for 2 weeks though it can be up to B2000 a night.

Even at B2000 a night its worth it, you have laundry service in the building, room service at reasonable rates, in room safe, but best of all "no rules" if you want to bring back 6 girls "up to you".

Looking for hotels in Pattaya there are so many things you have to look for, for me in room safe is mandatory, and of course no joiner fees, regardless of how many girls you bring back.

Yes Feenzy next to Central. The views from the rooms on the opposite side are some of the (if not the) best in Pattaya. I dont really like Central as its just like any other mall in Asia/World, expensive.

VT rooms have safes.

I reckon you could definitely bring back heaps of friends and security wouldnt give a rats arse. My mate staying at Billybong parked his car at VT6 whilst I was there, stacks of parking.

The only thing to get used to is the massive size of the place, and the corridors are clinically boring.

The King+ bed was simply awesome and so so nice to shag n sleep in.

Thanks LR,

where can i book a loom. They have website.

feenzy..

• 1 month later...

As I have said many times on here...

I usually stay 2-3 nights at Secrets Hotel for around 800Baht/night (relatively new, clean, comfortable, 1/2 block off of WS so well located)...

and then 2-3 weeks at Pattaya Bay Resort (centrally located to all points in town, but 1 block off 2nd so quiet, like-new, clean, comfortable, pool and a FANTASTIC staff) for around 1000B/night off-season (Apr 15 to Nov 1 I think).

Then, for 5-7 days I step it up to a place that is 2000-4000Baht/night IF i find a GFE that I just want to get away from the action with (I love the new 5-star resort up on the north end of town, it is awesome!)...otherwise I just stay at the PBR as I am so happy there it is now like a home away from home...only improvement they could make IMHO is a better mattress (pillow top would be cool)...but what they have is acceptable and I generally sleep like a baby.

I guess my reasons for spending what I do is I am FANATICAL about cleanliness and the general condition of fixtures and furnishings. I will not stay in a place for 500Baht/night if it does not meet my standards. And, I only spend as much as I have to to achieve the level I want...no more...as I dont see the point.

I have a job where I travel A LOT! And, I am given a budget per day, and I get it whether I spend it or not (and yes, I have to dip into my own pocket if I go over)...so often, rather than spending the $150USD/day I get, I will find a less expensive hotel (usually like $75 will get me what I want except in major cities) and I pocket the difference cuz I am comfortable with what I get for $75...so I dont see the point in spending more, and I pocket the difference (as I am allowed to) and I put it toward my personal trips (as well as the hotel points...hehehe).

I will admit that, from everywhere I have been in the world (and that's a lot of places), Bangkok and Pattaya have some really great bargains for 5-star hotels...in my home town (also a resort beach town), the Ritz Carlton STARTS at $495USD/night and goes to about $795USD/night for just a room...NOT a suite. I can get the same thing in Pattaya for $100USD/night, so yes, its a great bargain...but, I am just a fugal person in general, so I just don't spend it unless its for someone special with me (personally, I don't need that much luxury to be happy when traveling since I have given myself that level at my home and can enjoy it anytime I choose).

But as I always say, YOUR BAHT, YOUR CHOICE...its all good!

Cheers, alex

Thanks for the run down Alex....

Thanks LR,

where can i book a loom. They have website.

feenzy..

Feenzy, Go to Dancewatchers.com. while your there check out page two. Two condos with an amazing view on the 26th floor. Condos 243/1004 and 243/1006. Beachroadlover

In my opinion staying in expensive hotels also means expensive minibars and laundry and room service.

Therefore I am quite satisfied when I can save on all above items in cheaper under 1000 B hotels in Pattaya. And yes they also have swimming pools and aircon and safes and hot water.

You really dont have to pay a lot to be comfortable in Pattaya.

When I go on vacation in europe I often have to pay over 4000 baht for a mediocre room. So it is not a question of not having the money.

Edited by martin81

I have plenty of money because I work in accounting and still living at home.

I'm a easy going guy, it doesn't really bother me in what room I am staying as long as its clean, has a aircon and a tv. Therefore I always end up paying only 500 bath for the biggest room at Bluemoon Ghuesthouse at Soi LK Metro.

Stayed in more expansive hotels in the past, but it just doesn't do it for me. Also i'm an easy sleeper.

I'm almost out all day and night, and only come room to sleep and shag.

For me there are other things to spend my money on. For example only eating at European restaurants etc.

But everyone their own choice.

Edited by kakebur

I find that all rooms look the same

... when my BF is sitting on my face :GrinNod1:

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"