Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Recent Phuket Trip Report

Ajacks 1

I was in Phuket a little over a week ago. I can assure everyone that Banlga Road is indeed alive and well! Some have given it a bad rap, but I phuking love Phuket! Here's a link to my report (replies #4 and #11 deal with Phuket specifically):

http://www.pattaya-a...diction-begins/

A few observations:

I paid 600 baht bf at every go-go I took a dancer from (Rock Hard, Suzy Wong, and Playskool), 2000 for ST, and 3000 for LT.

Beer bar girls were going for 600 baht and 1000-1500 for ST.

Snatch up your favorite girl by 12:00 as the pickings start to dwindle after that! Bangla really starts getting going at about 9:30ish.

Best Go-Go's there IMO were: 1) Rock Hard 2) Suzy Wong 3) Devil's Den (Suzy Wong 2)

Baccara is tiny there and not worth the effort of finding it.

Roxy A-Go-Go sucked IMO. Expensive drinks and you seem to get hassled quite a bit.

Some diamonds in the rough at Playskool and the two Go-Go's right next to it.

Lots of freelancers at Hollywood and Tiger Discos. You do have to put in a little work, but there is good talent there.

The World is Yours.

I was in Phuket a little over a week ago. I can assure everyone that Banlga Road is indeed alive and well! Some have given it a bad rap, but I phuking love Phuket! Here's a link to my report (replies #4 and #11 deal with Phuket specifically):

http://www.pattaya-a...diction-begins/

A few observations:

I paid 600 baht bf at every go-go I took a dancer from (Rock Hard, Suzy Wong, and Playskool), 2000 for ST, and 3000 for LT.

Snatch up your favorite girl by 12:00 as the pickings start to dwindle after that! Bangla really starts getting going at about 9:30ish.

Best Go-Go's there IMO were: 1) Rock Hard 2) Suzy Wong 3) Devil's Den (Suzy Wong 2)

Baccara is tiny there and not worth the effort of finding it.

Roxy A-Go-Go sucked IMO. Expensive drinks and you seem to get hassled quite a bit.

Some diamonds in the rough at Playskool and the two Go-Go's right next to it.

Lots of freelancers at Hollywood and Tiger Discos. You do have to put in a little work, but there is good talent there.

couldnt agree more about rock hard i do all my shopping there these days, you are doing well to find an ugly one in there

roxys can suck on it i walked in one night (still hungover) wanted a water and she wanted to charge me $28 so i left

Yes, Roxy charges ridicilus prices for a gogo that's not even worth going in for..

Few months ago I was going to check that place up after a long time, but when I entered it looked bit boring. I still asked how much for one beer (in thai) and the lady told me 250baht. I asked (in thai again) really, why is it so expensive is there any show tonight? The lady said no and I left..

I don't know how they think they compete with other go go's.. maybe they get enough japanese in there..

Suzy Wong is my favourite, it usually has a good atmosphere and I newer encountered any hassle. Devil's Playground is a good second.

Rock hard is also good, and I just got told today by a friend of mine who dances there that they require the girls to check their p***ies and blood after every two weeks, otherwise they don't get paid. They also run "surprise" drug test there for staff, what to my knowlidge other gogo's don't do - this I think is a very positive thing, since yabaah and other drugs are serious problem in this country..

couldnt agree more about rock hard i do all my shopping there these days, you are doing well to find an ugly one in there

roxys can suck on it i walked in one night (still hungover) wanted a water and she wanted to charge me $28 so i left

Yes- glad I wasn't the only one that thinks Roxy sucks. Whoever is running the show there is totally blowing it!

Yes, Roxy charges ridicilus prices for a gogo that's not even worth going in for..

Few months ago I was going to check that place up after a long time, but when I entered it looked bit boring. I still asked how much for one beer (in thai) and the lady told me 250baht. I asked (in thai again) really, why is it so expensive is there any show tonight? The lady said no and I left..

I don't know how they think they compete with other go go's.. maybe they get enough japanese in there..

Suzy Wong is my favourite, it usually has a good atmosphere and I newer encountered any hassle. Devil's Playground is a good second.

Rock hard is also good, and I just got told today by a friend of mine who dances there that they require the girls to check their p***ies and blood after every two weeks, otherwise they don't get paid. They also run "surprise" drug test there for staff, what to my knowlidge other gogo's don't do - this I think is a very positive thing, since yabaah and other drugs are serious problem in this country..

Interesting that you also had a similar experience at Roxy. Thanks for correcting me on it being Devil's Playground rather than Devi's Den. I really enjoyed Suzy Wong as well. It was a close second to Rock Hard- only because I liked the talent and setup a little more there. The mamasan was always very nice to me at Suzy Wong and I always had a fun time there (even if I just watched people getting wacked with those sticks rather than taking the punishment). Glad to hear that they check their p***ies every two weeks. After indulging in some DATY, that makes me feel a little better about my sketchy behavior :)

The World is Yours.

I have never been asked for that kind of rates. Are you sure you were in LOS?

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I have never been asked for that kind of rates. Are you sure you were in LOS?

Yes quite sure I was in LOS. However, 1000-1500 ST could have also been for LT. The girl I was with would have happily stayed over, but I wanted her to leave as it was late and she was on her period. I should have said LT rather than ST in my original post. My bad.

Edited by Ajacks 1

The World is Yours.

Yes quite sure I was in LOS. However, 1000-1500 ST could have also been for LT. The girl I was with would have happily stayed over, but I wanted her to leave as it was late and she was on her period. I should have said LT rather than ST in my original post. My bad.

LOL, that makes sense.

I mean the early check-out cause she had the painters in. :ShitHappens1:

The LT rate for beer BGs on Phuket is usually 1 K.

Some “Superstars” dancing in the bars on ground floor of Tiger entertainment might ask for a bit more, but that's “up-to-you”.

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Is soi LIon still standing? Had some good fun in 7th Heaven bar overthere! Was told that last november it had to close down for building a hotel!

And your pricing is spot on!

Paid 300BF and 1200LT. the BF was 500 when you did not buy or drink at the bar but took her right away with you!

Edited by themosch

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

LOL, that makes sense.

I mean the early check-out cause she had the painters in. :ShitHappens1:

Some “Superstars” dancing in the bars on ground floor of Tiger entertainment might ask for a bit more, but that's “up-to-you”.

Ok gotcha Benny10 :) Thanks for adding your experience with the pricing there. Next trip I won't be a newbie, so I'm sure I can shave off some of that extra baht I was unnecessarily shelling out.

Is soi LIon still standing? Had some good fun in 7th Heaven bar overthere! Was told that last november it had to close down for building a hotel!

And your pricing is spot on!

Paid 300BF and 1200LT. the BF was 500 when you did not buy or drink at the bar but took her right away with you!

Sadly Soi Lion is dead. I believe it died in either December or January. I was too late to the party to experience it! :(

The World is Yours.

Yep, they closed Soi Lion down few months ago (was my favourite Soi in here also). The bigg boss is building a shopping centre/area there with some bars also..

The ladies who used to work at Soi Lion have now moved to other Soi's. Lot of them in the new small bar setting before Soi Tiger (when coming from the direction of (Rock City, Rock Hard etc..) Many of the Lion bar girls there..

Stockholm bar owner moved to Soi Sansabai and some of the old dancers are now there..

btw themosch, the girl in Your avatar, did she use to dance in Soi Lion (69bar)?

Yep, they closed Soi Lion down few months ago (was my favourite Soi in here also). The bigg boss is building a shopping centre/area there with some bars also..

The ladies who used to work at Soi Lion have now moved to other Soi's. Lot of them in the new small bar setting before Soi Tiger (when coming from the direction of (Rock City, Rock Hard etc..) Many of the Lion bar girls there..

Stockholm bar owner moved to Soi Sansabai and some of the old dancers are now there..

btw themosch, the girl in Your avatar, did she use to dance in Soi Lion (69bar)?

don't know, just a pic from the net!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Always preferred a few drinks and cast my eye over the lovelies in Hollywood. Good deal cheaper too. Just watch the alcohol intake and the annoying toilet staff and their unsolicited massages whilst having a pee.

Good report, really enjoyed reading it. I liked the bit about the looks you got from the Aussies and Russians when you was with your BF! Thats the thing with Patong, with there being more normal tourists about you get them looks, especially in the day when on the back of a TGs motorbike going past a Western couple! :D

Looking at the first photo in the Phuket part of the report, I can't get my bearings! What bar/soi is that in? The bar looks good, must find it in July. I guess it may be the new Soi Seadragon as that was a building site in August 2010.

Good report, really enjoyed reading it. I liked the bit about the looks you got from the Aussies and Russians when you was with your BF! Thats the thing with patong, with there being more normal tourists about you get them looks, especially in the day when on the back of a TGs motorbike going past a Western couple! :D

Looking at the first photo in the Phuket part of the report, I can't get my bearings! What bar/soi is that in? The bar looks good, must find it in July. I guess it may be the new Soi Seadragon as that was a building site in August 2010.

Thanks Hammers24. The looks you get are pretty funny, but I just laugh it off when I get them.

That picture is of an area right on Bangla Road that is between Soi Tiger and Soi Seadragon. If you walk a little further toward the beach, you will see the new sign for Baccara (Baccara is upstairs and tiny at the moment). Soi Seadragon would be just past that on your right (heading toward the beach). The first right features Devil's Playground and Suzy Wong further down along with some beer bars in the middle. On on the other side of Soi Seadragon, is Playskool and another couple smaller go-go's that had hit and miss talent.

Not the best picture quality (I think I had a case of the shakes here), but you can see the vicinity and Soi Sea Dragon itself in these pictures:

Soi Seadragon area.jpg

Soi Seadragon 1.jpg

Edited by Ajacks 1

The World is Yours.

Thanks Hammers24. The looks you get are pretty funny, but I just laugh it off when I get them.

That picture is of an area right on Bangla Road that is between Soi Tiger and Soi Seadragon. If you walk a little further toward the beach, you will see the new sign for Baccara (Baccara is upstairs and tiny at the moment). Soi Seadragon would be just past that on your right (heading toward the beach). The first right features Devil's Playground and Suzy Wong further down along with some beer bars in the middle. On on the other side of Soi Seadragon, is Playskool and another couple smaller go-go's that had hit and miss talent.

Not the best picture quality (I think I had a case of the shakes here), but you can see the vicinity and Soi Sea Dragon itself in these pictures:

Soi Seadragon area.jpg

Soi Seadragon 1.jpg

Nice one Ajacks, cheers for the response and photos.

That general area from after Tiger looks completely different from last time I was there and it definitely looks worth a visit from your photos. As for Soi Seadragon and the go gos in that area, that was all knocked down in the summer so its looking good now. Can't believe how quickly they've got it sorted and how modern it looks.

:001_Thank_You5:

• 2 months later...

In January this year i was in Phuket and the prices were the same as Pattaya for the ladies. 300 beer barfines, 600 for gogos. ST beer bars 700 baht, and LT was 1000 baht. Gogos were ST 1000 - 1500 and LT was 1500 - 2000. Freelancers from the discos were 500 ST and 1000 LT. These rates apply to Phuket and Pattaya and even Bangkok in most instances.

The golden rules anywhere are these.

1. Be educated and not a buffalo. Know what the standard going rates are before you go mongering. (see above) To even ask a girl "how much" shows that you are clueless. Know the rates and politely tell them while negotiating, don't ask them. "I can pay you 300 bar fine and 1000 long time", for example. (in a beer bar of course, a gogo is different see above pricing)

2. Politely disregard what they may ask you for and tell them what you are willing to pay (always offer the standard going rates, don't be a cheap cunt and insult them. Offering the going rates, no matter what they may want, will not insult them but offering half the going rates will definately insult them and make you look like a knob).

3. Always be prepared to walk away. Most times this will get you what you want, but some will let you walk away. In this case it's best for all of us if you do walk. It sends a clear message about overpricing. Be nice about it. "I'm sorry sweetheart i cannot pay that much even though you are very beautiful and i really want you!", for example.

Cheers, Nuff.

Many of the beer bars are pretty quiet, I think the gals are happy to get a barfine at all, so 1K works. As for the Tiger bar complex though, to suggest some might ask for a bit more is the understatement of the century. The barfine alone is 700 baht (I don't know if that's for all the bars, but certainly the ones I barfined from), I think you can work out the rest. Good luck barfining some of them at all, some are just there for drinks (possibly the only place in Thailand I've seen this happening to any great degree). With LDs at 180-200bt it's no wonder.

In January this year i was in Phuket and the prices were the same as Pattaya for the ladies. 300 beer barfines, 600 for gogos. ST beer bars 700 baht, and LT was 1000 baht. Gogos were ST 1000 - 1500 and LT was 1500 - 2000. Freelancers from the discos were 500 ST and 1000 LT. These rates apply to Phuket and Pattaya and even Bangkok in most instances.

1. Be educated and not a buffalo. Know what the standard going rates are before you go mongering. (see above) To even ask a girl "how much" shows that you are clueless. Know the rates and politely tell them while negotiating, don't ask them. "I can pay you 300 bar fine and 1000 long time", for example. (in a beer bar of course, a gogo is different see above pricing)

2. Politely disregard what they may ask you for and tell them what you are willing to pay (always offer the standard going rates, don't be a cheap cunt and insult them. Offering the going rates, no matter what they may want, will not insult them but offering half the going rates will definately insult them and make you look like a knob).

3. Always be prepared to walk away. Most times this will get you what you want, but some will let you walk away. In this case it's best for all of us if you do walk. It sends a clear message about overpricing. Be nice about it. "I'm sorry sweetheart i cannot pay that much even though you are very beautiful and i really want you!", for example.

Cheers, Nuff.

I guess the going rate is pretty similar between all the places, but you will definitely get knocked back more (a lot more depending on your preferences) in Patong offering the going rate than Pattaya. I've seen average looking girls turn down offers of 1500-2000bt at the disco, it's hard to imagine that happening in Pattaya at all. Girls at the gogos can ask for as much as 5000bt LT, again virtually unheard of in Pattaya.

Many of the beer bars are pretty quiet, I think the gals are happy to get a barfine at all, so 1K works. As for the Tiger bar complex though, to suggest some might ask for a bit more is the understatement of the century. The barfine alone is 700 baht (I don't know if that's for all the bars, but certainly the ones I barfined from), I think you can work out the rest. Good luck barfining some of them at all, some are just there for drinks (possibly the only place in Thailand I've seen this happening to any great degree). With LDs at 180-200bt it's no wonder.

Agreed. Although the bars in the Tiger beer bar complex are well worth a visit, its all about the LDs for some of them who work there. Been there before on the first visit to Patong buying them drinks and suddenly every girl in the bar is getting shots in which can add up, with other girls appearing out of no where. The girls we met didn't even want to be bar fined, instead arranging meet later in the disco upstairs. Learn't from that expensive night!

Did anyone try that Russian gogo? what were the prices? I was just there this past week and it was so incredibly dark in there I could hardly see where to walk, I couldn't make out the girls faces at all. I wasn't interested in any Russian girls really, but I wanted to check it out, it was a let down. Also I was quoted a 600 barfine and 2000ST, 4000LT at that upstairs gogo on the corner of Bangla and Ratuhitt (sp?) and this was 10 mins to closing time!! After that, I only went to gogo's to soak up aircon.

Did anyone try that Russian gogo? what were the prices? I was just there this past week and it was so incredibly dark in there I could hardly see where to walk, I couldn't make out the girls faces at all. I wasn't interested in any Russian girls really, but I wanted to check it out, it was a let down. Also I was quoted a 600 barfine and 2000ST, 4000LT at that upstairs gogo on the corner of Bangla and Ratuhitt (sp?) and this was 10 mins to closing time!! After that, I only went to gogo's to soak up aircon.

I've read reports on the Russian gogo, as you know they're a ripoff, but it's worse than that. You can barfine the ladies for some crazy amount, an amount that makes you think it's inclusive of payment for services rendered. As it turns out, the barfine is for their company only, and you will be told they don't provide any extra services, period. Unofficially, I'm sure with a sufficiently high offer, they would offer extras, but who knows how much that figure would have to be. You can also pay some large amount for a private dance (1000-2000 baht or so, from memory).

That gogo on the corner has some of the best girls, and I believe most gogos will quote 2000ST/4000LT, but that's just the price on the card, you're still supposed to negotiate with the girl directly. There are cards in Pattaya as well I'm sure (BKK definitely), that have 2000ST/4000LT written on them - so if you ask for the rate from mamasan, that's often what she'll tell you.

Edited by sabato

The russian girls charge 2000bht for lap dance only. Whats the point! Just gets you more horny

12 Pints in Know it all

Hey fellas, haven't been to Phuket fo many years, this is all good stuff.

Just 3 nights there so wanna cut to the chase.

Had to pay for tile cleaning after this one....

She left a "snail trail" 4 meters across the room, didn't realize she had / Quote Benny10; "The painters in"

Pat 3.JPG

Edited by asn8wman

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers, Nuff.

I just joined this site. But am not a newbie to LOS.

I have taken almost two years off since my last LOS trip. But will be heading back and this time for my virgin trip to Phuket.

Your post is exactly what I was looking for. Funny, is those are the rates I have have always used in BKK and Pattaya. I was under the impression that Phuket was slightly higher. But I guess not.

Once again. Great post! Now let me find a hotel and a good flight and I am all set.

Cheers, Nuff.

Unfortunately these prices do not apply in Patong any more!