IGNORED

Visa extension

JusticeFT96

Hello there,

I am currently living in Surin, I have a 6 month visa from the UK that expires march 13th. I want to stay for another month, is there anywhere in Pattaya I can go and get a month extension that is quick and easy?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

I have to do a visa run on Tuesday for a 30 day extension, but I have seen places advertising that say you do not need it. From memory, down the hill on the left from Jomtien to Pattaya.

I'll bet it's expensive though.

P.S. Oops, Surin - not much use to you I suppose!

I am going to go to Pattaya for a few days so that my TGF can visit her mum and papa who are there on holiday and I thought it would be much easier to get a visa sorted there as there are so many tourists there :)

Hello there,

I am currently living in Surin, I have a 6 month visa from the UK that expires march 13th. I want to stay for another month, is there anywhere in Pattaya I can go and get a month extension that is quick and easy?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Have a look

Applying for an extension

Hope this helps

Have a look

Applying for an extension

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply, I have just read your post, do you mind if I ask you a question?

My tourist visa was a 3 x 2 month entry so in total 6 months visa. Will I still be able to apply for the 30 day extension or would I only be able to go for a 7 day extension?

Thanks for the reply, I have just read your post, do you mind if I ask you a question?

My tourist visa was a 3 x 2 month entry so in total 6 months visa. Will I still be able to apply for the 30 day extension or would I only be able to go for a 7 day extension?

30 days for 1900 baht

I guess 7 days.

you obtained (2 months visa + 1 month extension) x 2

so you can only get an additional extension of stay (7 days)

Additional extension of stay. ("It depends if your face fits")

Normally, the Immigration will extend your Tourist visa once again following the initial 30 day extension for an additional 7 days.

Fee 1,900 baht.

you get more information there :

Office of Immigration Bureau

Located on Soi 5 off Jomtien Beach Road

Keep going for about 400 m. Pattaya Immigration Office is on your right-hand side.

It's only my point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

Going there now, the stamp in my passport says, TOURIST VISA and that its good for 3 jorneys to thailand so each one was 2 months so I dont think I have had an extension yet. I hope they give me it, would have to leave in a few days :(

Was given a 30 day extension for 1900 baht, took about 1 hour 30 mins to sort it all. thanks for the help!

<br />Thanks for the reply, I have just read your post, do you mind if I ask you a question?<br /><br />My tourist visa was a 3 x 2 month entry so in total 6 months visa. Will I still be able to apply for the 30 day extension or would I only be able to go for a 7 day extension?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Attention !! for extension !! so today I get my lesson from Thai border !!

I have a tourist visa with 2 entries, and I do one 30 days extension so I must do my border run today but so what suprise

as the guy told me, sorry your tourist Visa is expired ! I give you only the 15 days visa. Oh what happened ??

Yes is true, the Thai Embassy from Loas gave me a tourist visa with 2 entries but expired after 89 days and not after 180 days ,

also take care and check out the expired date of your visa before ! now I have to pay for my stupidity.

Why should it be 180 days? 2 * 60 days is only 120 (which still is not 89). But you can enter the country up to the expiration date of the visum, and get your 2 months. So what they did is give you the chance for 4 month stay as you would only need a validity of 60 from your first entry, they gave you an extra 30 days to count for the time from issuing to the first use.

PS: The visa validaty starts counting from the day it is issued!! Not when it is first used.

• 2 weeks later...
<br />Why should it be 180 days? 2 * 60 days is only 120 (which still is not 89). But you can enter the country up to the expiration date of the visum, and get your 2 months. So what they did is give you the chance for 4 month stay as you would only need a validity of 60 from your first entry, they gave you an extra 30 days to count for the time from issuing to the first use.<br /><br /><br />PS: The visa validaty starts counting from the day it is issued!! Not when it is first used.<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

If I get the Tour. Visa with 2 entries from Germany so I have 180 days time before expired ( so I can extend additional 30 days )

but this time I get the same Visa from Loas but valid for 90 day only.

<br /><br /><br />

If I get the Tour. Visa with 2 entries from Germany so I have 180 days time before expired ( so I can extend additional 30 days )

but this time I get the same Visa from Loas but valid for 90 day only.

You get 180 days if you do 60+30 extension, then border run then 60+30 extension.

It doesn't sound as though you did that border run in time?

I assume the 180 above is a typo' and you meant 90 - then start counting from the day of entry being day 1 and I guess you just cut it too fine.