IGNORED

Applying for an extension of a Thai tourist visa

benny31

Hi

Pattaya immigration office.

I went there last week at 0400PM, (few people there) it took me 10 minutes.

You don't have to wait until the day your visa expires.

A tourist visa is valid for 60 days and can be extended 30 days at the Immigration office.

Thus 90 days in total.

Validity of stay.

Upon entering the country, as warranted by a tourist visa, permission will be granted for 60 days.

Extension of stay.

If the applicant wants to continue touring the country, an extension may be granted for not more than 30 days.

Fee 1,900 baht.

Additional extension of stay. ("It depends if your face fits")

Normally, the Immigration will extend your Tourist visa once again following the initial 30 day extension for an additional 7 days.

Fee 1,900 baht.

Where:

Office of Immigration Bureau

Located on Soi 5 off Jomtien Beach Road

Keep going for about 400 m. Pattaya Immigration Office is on your right-hand side.

Office hours:

Monday: Friday 0830 AM – 0430 PM

Saturday: 0830 AM – 1200 PM

Requirements:

1. Application Form T.M. 7. (Extension of an alien who enters the Kingdom for not more than 90 days).

2. A copy of passport. (ID page and Visa Stamp page)

3. One passport-size photo.

4. Fee: 1,900 baht.

tm7.pdf

VISA1.JPG

VISA2.JPG

VISA3.JPG

VISA4.JPG

VISA5.JPG

VISA6.JPG

Edited by benny31
  • Like 2

Hi Benny,

Is the Thai tourist visa stamped thirty days on arrival or do you need to apply for a sixty day visa while at home ?

I want to stay for three months from November till February next year.

Somewhere I read that we could use the thirty day visa and extend within the first nine days of arriving in Thailand AND others are saying get a 60 day visa and then extend it at Jomtien for a further 30 days !

How do you view it ? Many thanks in advance.

Hi

Pattaya immigration office.

I went there last week at 0400PM, (few people there) it took me 20 minutes.

You don't have to wait until the day your visa expires.

A tourist visa is valid for 60 days and can be extended 30 days at the Immigration office.

Thus 90 days in total.

Validity of stay.

Upon entering the country, as warranted by a tourist visa, permission will be granted for 60 days.

Extension of stay.

If the applicant wants to continue touring the country, an extension may be granted for not more than 30 days.

Fee 1,900 baht.

Additional extension of stay. ("It depends if your face fits")

Normally, the Immigration will extend your Tourist visa once again following the initial 30 day extension for an additional 7 days.

Fee 1,900 baht.

Where:

Office of Immigration Bureau

Located on Soi 5 off Jomtien Beach Road

Keep going for about 400 m. Pattaya Immigration Office is on your right-hand side.

Office hours:

Monday: Friday 0830 AM – 0430 PM

Saturday: 0830 AM – 1200 PM

Requirements:

1. Application Form T.M. 7. (Extension of an alien who enters the Kingdom for not more than 90 days).

2. A copy of passport. (ID page and Visa Stamp page)

3. One passport-size photo.

4. Fee: 1,900 baht.

Hi Benny,

Is the Thai tourist visa stamped thirty days on arrival or do you need to apply for a sixty day visa while at home ?

I want to stay for three months from November till February next year.

Somewhere I read that we could use the thirty day visa and extend within the first nine days of arriving in Thailand AND others are saying get a 60 day visa and then extend it at Jomtien for a further 30 days !

How do you view it ? Many thanks in advance.

Hi

1 - That depends on the passport you are holding. ( nationality)

2 - My post do not concern visa on arrival. (30 days)

3 - For applying for an extension (30 days) of a Thai tourist visa you do need a tourist visa (60 days). You only get it before departure outside Thailand.

4 - The best way for you is "get a 60 day visa and then extend it at Jomtien for a further 30 days"

5 - 90 days and three months is not exactly the same thing.

Hi Benny,

1 - That depends on the passport you are holding. ( Australian )

2 - My post do not concern visa on arrival of 30 days. ( Okay )

3 - For applying for an extension (30 days) of a Thai tourist visa you do need a tourist visa (60 days). You only get it before departure outside Thailand.

( The application form I down loaded required flight out information....haven't booked anything but I will contact the local Thai embassy and enquire about the necessity of booking a flight out of Thailand )

4 - The best way for you is "get a 60 day visa and then extend it at Jomtien for a further 30 days" ( Yes, I thought so. It appears that a 30 day visa on arrival is not extendable.)

5 - 90 days and three months is not exactly the same thing. (Of course.)

Many thanks

@Benny thank you very much for your post about visa extension. Helpful information.

Maybe a little offtopic but do you know of any good companies that arranges professional visaruns Pattaya?

:001_Thank_You5:

any experience about quoting or not quoting a departure date and location after the 60 day period ? What happens if I don't have an onward booking to another country after 60 days ????

Vincenzo I'm also staying from Nov-Feb, I am going to get the tourist visa then just extend it 30 more days for 1900 baht

I'm from Indonesia, I don't need to apply visa to travel to Thailand , for 1 month.

But If I want to stay more than 1 month (egg : 2-3 months)in thai, what kind of visa should I apply ? What's the name of the visa?

and the price ? Pls answer me !

Hi Benny and George,

I just downloaded an application for visa form ( Australian ) and it asks for the duration of proposed stay but no mention of departure location or copy of departure ticket ! Will apply for 60 days now and extend for 1900 baht at Jomtien after 60 days as suggested. Thank you !!

The application form also asks for a guarantor.....will phone embassy and ask whether this is really required ! If so, will probably write down name of the manager of my hotel, who is probably friendly enough to agree to do so.

The form also asks for number of entries requested...answer is one at this stage but if I decide to go back in May of next year, I might still be in the visa fee waive period ??

Anyway, thanks guys for the information.

V

Vincenzo I'm also staying from Nov-Feb, I am going to get the tourist visa then just extend it 30 more days for 1900 baht

Hi Benny and George,

I just downloaded an application for visa form ( Australian ) and it asks for the duration of proposed stay but no mention of departure location or copy of departure ticket ! Will apply for 60 days now and extend for 1900 baht at Jomtien after 60 days as suggested. Thank you !!

The application form also asks for a guarantor.....will phone embassy and ask whether this is really required ! If so, will probably write down name of the manager of my hotel, who is probably friendly enough to agree to do so.

The form also asks for number of entries requested...answer is one at this stage but if I decide to go back in May of next year, I might still be in the visa fee waive period ??

Anyway, thanks guys for the information.

V

Visa free ends on March 31, 2011. But how long do you plan on staying in May because the 30 day arrival stamp is free

Recommended Visa run company from Pattaya to Vientiane Laos, for a double entry tourist visa:

http://1stclassvisaruns.com/schedule.htm

http://www.fivestarvisaruns.com/

both agents THB 7.400 all incl.

vincenco: Perth are the most friendly Consulate but they close for good mid October 2010. Last application date is 12th October 2010. Brisbane are more stricter and ask more documentations. Some Embassy or Consulate want a return ticket, others don't ask. Contact both of them and get up-to-date requirements.

Perth: http://thaiconsulatewa.org.au/index.php?lang=EN

Brisbane : http://www.thaiconsulate.org.au/

lupita: if you want to stay more than 1 month, apply for a Tourist Visa (60 days) - you can apply single or double entry.

Single entry give 60 days and can be extended for another 30 days. Total 90 days.

Double entry give 2 x 60 days and can be extended after each entry with 30 days. Total 180 days.

Guarantor: some Embassy/Consulate accept that write your own name or family member as guarantor. Other want a Thai person to invite and guarantee for you (girlfriend/boyfriend), and want a invitation letter from the Thai person. See Perth Consulates website above.

Hi George,

Where and when are these infamous bar crawl with board members ? Might meet up then ?

V

Hi George,

Where and when are these infamous bar crawl with board members ? Might meet up then ?

V

lol well I've been to pattaya twice but always short and with my ex GF or thai friends so didn't really play around much, finally this time I'm free. You see the Addicts Bar crawl scrolling along the top of the page? that's usually where you can find the next crawl. Anyways I'm arriving on the 9th so if you see a little asian guy around Soi LK Metro that might be me haha. I do make a good wingman though, cause the girls think I'm Nippon :P

Edited by George111

Hi George,

I arrive midnight Nov9, maybe we can meet up at the champagne agogo around 9 pm Nov 10. I will wear a bright yellow Nike shirt !

If not possible and you know why it's impossible to predict what type of adventure we may have that day.., maybe we can meet at the next regular addicts bar crawl.....

V

lol well I've been to pattaya twice but always short and with my ex GF or thai friends so didn't really play around much, finally this time I'm free. You see the Addicts Bar crawl scrolling along the top of the page? that's usually where you can find the next crawl. Anyways I'm arriving on the 9th so if you see a little asian guy around Soi LK metro that might be me haha. I do make a good wingman though, cause the girls think I'm Nippon :P

I telephoned the Thai Consulate in Brisbane and discussed the Application for visa form.

They wanted the original passport and a copy of the main page of the passport and 2 photos.

They wanted a copy of the inbound ticket into Thailand but did not need an outbound ticket.

They said to name a next of kin or friend as guarantor and leave out thailand's guarantor if you don't have one.

Don't need to send money now ( free visa till march next year )

You can apply for a multiple entry visa but you need to have a copy of a second airline ticket.

Also you need to send in a reply paid envelope.

Hope that helps.

V

from BKK to Vientiane for Tourist Visa 2x ., all including totalt of 3500 THB and around 30 USD for the Lao Visa ! ....

Cheapest way to get Tourst Visa with an agent . , been using then 3times before. , Smooth as silk ! ....

http://thaivisaservice.com/

Enjoy !

Edited by Mighty Omega

C O L O M B I A 

• 1 month later...

Hi George, haven't forgotten. See you at champagne gogo nov 10 at 9 pm. Will be wearing bright yellow shirt and I have black hair and very hansum man. Hope to catch up then.v

HI guys, A silly quiston? I will be arriving in the LOS on the 2/11/10 (NEXT WEEK) and leaving on the 2/12/10, so I will be their for 30 GLORIOUS :GoldenSmile1: days? I know they stamp your passport fo 30 days on entering Thiland. Should I go and get a exta visa from the thi Embassy hear in London.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

• 11 months later...
:001_Thank_You5: Be useful for Newbie as well as myself to keep that threads alive and Kicking.... Edited by jocky king

:001_Thank_You5: Be useful for Newbie as well as myself to keep that threads alive and Kicking....

Cheers mate :Good_Post::)

Where do you go to extend in Bangkok?? My visa runs out in 6 days, is it all done on the same day for you?

Cheers

If I get a dual entry 60 day visa,can I make a land visa run or do I need to fly out then return by air?I'm contemplating up to 4 month visit next year.

just do a land visa run to activate your next 60days most travel shops arrange these ,prices vary depends where you book it,queen vic Soi Six has good reports

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Where do you go to extend in Bangkok?? My visa runs out in 6 days, is it all done on the same day for you?

Cheers

Bangkok has an immigration office, yes it is done the same day but get there early!

If I get a dual entry 60 day visa,can I make a land visa run or do I need to fly out then return by air?I'm contemplating up to 4 month visit next year.

Land visa runs are fine. Plenty of agents offer same day border runs everywhere. Or you can do it yourself but bit more of a hassle.