IGNORED

Applying for an extension of a Thai tourist visa

benny31

Where do you go to extend in Bangkok?? My visa runs out in 6 days, is it all done on the same day for you?

Cheers

Hi mate. You have to go to the Changwattana Immigration office which is north of Bangkok. Get the BTS to Mor Chit then take a taxi meter from there. Sometimes the drivers don't understand so ask to go to 'ChangWattana Soi Jet (Soi 7)' or 'Dor Mor'. Immigration is on the 1st floor, on the right just after security.

Have all your documents prepared, including a photocopy of your departure card (which I forgot). It costs 1900B for a 7 day extension & you should be in an out in a couple of hours.

sgu_banner.gif

Where do you go to extend in Bangkok?? My visa runs out in 6 days, is it all done on the same day for you?

Cheers

Hi mate

Immigration Bureau

Where do you go to extend in Bangkok?

The main office in Bangkok is at 507 Soi Suan Plu,South Sathorn Bangkok.

My visa runs out in 6 days

You don't have to wait until the day your visa expires.

is it all done on the same day?

The entire process takes less than 15-20 minutes.

DON'T FORGET

Requirements:

1. Application Form T.M. 7. (Extension of an alien who enters the Kingdom for not more than 90 days).

2. A copy of passport. (ID page and Visa Stamp page)

3. Departure card

4. One passport-size photo.

5. Fee: 1,900 baht.

MAP IMMIGRATION BKK.pdf

Where do you go to extend in Bangkok?

The main office in Bangkok is at 507 Soi Suan Plu,South Sathorn Bangkok.

That info is out of date mate. Extensions can now only be done at Changwattana, although I've read that you can do it at Suan Plu on Saturday mornings. Also, when I went in April they asked for a photocopy of my departure card.

sgu_banner.gif

you can also pay your 500 baht fine per day on exit at the airport, though this is highly illegal it is obviously a common practice as the system is very streamline taking no more than an extre 5 minuits at imigration police booth to complete and you are on your way. however "if" you were to get into ANY sort of trouble without a valid vise i am sure the cost and hassel would far out way the conveniance!

"if" a little word with big meaning!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Im leaving for pattaya in 3 weeks to stay for 6 months, i went for the triple entry tourist visa got from hull. As this is my first time getting a tourist visa, i thought i would phone up before i posted my application. She told me that i can only extend my last visa giving me a total of 60 days x3 and 1 30 day extenstion. Is that true?? Ive heard lots of poeple saying that being able to extend every visa by 30 days which would give me a total of 270days. I have a 6 month return ticket but it can be changed if its possible to extend all 3 visa's.,

Anyone no about this, maybe someone staying there now on a tourist visa, are someone whos done it before?

Keep it creammy !!!

Hi,

Im leaving for pattaya in 3 weeks to stay for 6 months, i went for the triple entry tourist visa got from hull. As this is my first time getting a tourist visa, i thought i would phone up before i posted my application. She told me that i can only extend my last visa giving me a total of 60 days x3 and 1 30 day extenstion. Is that true?? Ive heard lots of poeple saying that being able to extend every visa by 30 days which would give me a total of 270days. I have a 6 month return ticket but it can be changed if its possible to extend all 3 visa's.,

Anyone no about this, maybe someone staying there now on a tourist visa, are someone whos done it before?

- Get a double entry tourist visa from the consulate in Hull.

(that give you about 6 months - 2 extensions soi 5 Jomtien - 1 border run)

you can also pay your 500 baht fine per day on exit at the airport, though this is highly illegal it is obviously a common practice as the system is very streamline taking no more than an extre 5 minuits at imigration police booth to complete and you are on your way. however "if" you were to get into ANY sort of trouble without a valid vise i am sure the cost and hassel would far out way the conveniance!

"if" a little word with big meaning!

a friend of mine stay 2 months over the expire date and paid the max 20,000 bahts fine, to him it was worth it. All the Thai government want is your bahts anyway

baht.jpg

Edited by xymmot

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

- Get a double entry tourist visa from the consulate in Hull.

(that give you about 6 months - 2 extensions soi 5 Jomtien - 1 border run)

Ive already got my triple entry :) the women on the phone told me that i could only extend my last entry giving me 210days. My return flight is in 6 months, but as ive just found out i can get a max of 270 days, i may change it in a few months time. My condo is on soi 7 in Jomtien so no worrys with that :)

Keep it creammy !!!