IGNORED

Get in shape!

Noud

In my case the only medical issues are some sports related injuries a few years back in form of dislocated shoulders and a knee. As for age I'm just 30 so not that old. I'm not really in an appalling shape. My works keeps me from getting there. Quite a bit of heavy lifting. That's why I opted for swimming, I've tried Spinning before and that's quite ok. But to do that it's 25 mins on a buss swimming is 5 mins away walking.

As for a heartrate monitor, I've considered it, but I'm not sure how well those would work under water.

All outdoor activities are sort of out of the question here, It's pure ice on the ground.

As for beer and friends, that should be ok. I really don't drink while back home. I can count the number of beers I've had since last trip. =)

I'm trying to get a close friend to join me, but it's hard work persuading. I'm at the point were I son will say "Face it your fat."

In my case the only medical issues are some sports related injuries a few years back in form of dislocated shoulders and a knee. As for age I'm just 30 so not that old. I'm not really in an appalling shape. My works keeps me from getting there. Quite a bit of heavy lifting. That's why I opted for swimming, I've tried Spinning before and that's quite ok. But to do that it's 25 mins on a buss swimming is 5 mins away walking.

As for a heartrate monitor, I've considered it, but I'm not sure how well those would work under water.

All outdoor activities are sort of out of the question here, It's pure ice on the ground.

As for beer and friends, that should be ok. I really don't drink while back home. I can count the number of beers I've had since last trip. =)

I'm trying to get a close friend to join me, but it's hard work persuading. I'm at the point were I son will say "Face it your fat."

No problems with a Polar Heart rate monitor underwater check their web site for more specifics....Polar Do they have and Ice Ring anywhere near by?....you are looking for a great cardio workout thats low impact and good fun thats where I would be heading , maybe get an Ipod loaded up with a sound track to keep you motivated if you can as well.....

No problems with a Polar Heart rate monitor underwater check their web site for more specifics....Polar Do they have and Ice Ring anywhere near by?....you are looking for a great cardio workout thats low impact and good fun thats where I would be heading , maybe get an Ipod loaded up with a sound track to keep you motivated if you can as well.....

The got a fairly large one. Just wonder if I still got my old gear. Was many years since I did that. Mid 90's perhaps ;)

Try it and see....there are options for staying indoors if you are snowed in... any of the Zumba dvds will get your heart rate up to the desired level or even the old Jane Fonda tapes for that matter they all do the same thing GET YOU MOVING ....just close the blinds and knowone will ever know Once upon a time the Bullworker was a big seller Bullworker....I did use one 20 years ago but I'm not sure what the story is with them now I don't see them for sale anywhere....combined a Jane Fonda tape with the Bullworker and never had to leave the house ...was a great 90min work out and toned up pretty well .....just other options

Some buffalo shit on this topic, which is also a tasty delicacy in LOS. Check out my topic here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/62469-want-to-lose-weight-for-your-trip/page__p__979213__fromsearch__1#entry979213

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm well again. Have been for about 1½ week now. As quick progress report, I'm now down to 98.8 kg. Not a huge difference but then I've been sick and not training much until this week.

However I might have to step this loss up a bit, I'm booked for a vacation in the end of April and it would be really nice to get down at least below 95 kg and preferably close to 90 by then.

If your just trying to lose weight then cardio and diet is where its at.

You can lose weight on thoses no carb heavy protein diets but I ask people:

"Its not something you can sustain can you?"

Trying to get a well rounded diet that is easy to keep going is what I believe the best way

and the most healthiest.

If you start strength training you will build muscle, which will be a good thing,

but your weight wont drop quickly.

Getting into a routine is the critical, finding the path of least resistance another, what I mean by that is, what can you do that does not require lots of time and effort to do, as crossfield has said get a jf workout tape, if you can stay motivated.

That is the last point, motivation, your looking for training partners etc.

This is where people like me step in, by being there at your door with a complete program

making you do it and workout to your capacity, pushing you, monitoring your progress, watching your form and for injuries and making you do recovery, stretching, being on your back about your diet, giving you things you can do at home etc. etc.

good luck

Member since Dec 06.