IGNORED

wrong stamp at airport, wont fix in jomtien

thebestman36

Ok so problem sorted at Jomtien immigration, but had to go through a third party, and it was expensive. I went in early in the morning (8am), Barry wasn't available until midday. So returned later, and mustn't have given the secret handshake or something,. Barry said he cannot resolve directly, but thankfully pointed me in the right direction, which is a visa run service next door to immigration (on the left, facing the front entrance). He also mentioned could go to Bangkok immigration to get it done for free, though I didn't want to risk heading to Bangkok only to be told I have to return to port of entry. Official word from the immigration hotline was you must return to port of entry to fix.

Barry asked the lady at the visa run shop to give me a good price, she must have heard give him special price, as that's what I got. Special as in my visa runs out today, thus limiting my choices, so they went for what felt like a carefully calculated figure, 2000 baht. Roughly the same cost of doing the Bangkok run, minus the inconvenience. Wasn't really in a position to negotiate so stumped up the fee. I don't know how much they will discount someone who is prepared to walk if the price isn't right, but I'm certain it's negotiable, as figure anyone with a bit of time left on their visa would rather take a short trip to Bangkok to sort out instead.

Anyway happy with the outcome, what can I say I'm a lazy bastard.

For more experienced BMs, does anyone think I need to edit some information out of this post (be a bit more discrete on details)? I wouldn't want to expose this, er, loophole of sorts, and have authorities come down on the parties involved.