IGNORED

What American Type Food Available?

Living in the Philippines, but coming to Pattaya on Jan 12th for first visit and was wondering what American type food is available.

Don't like the local food here, but we do have the following:

KFC

Mc Donald's

Burger King

Pizza Hut

Shakey's Pizza

Cinnabun

Krispy Kreme

TGIF

Thanks

What's wrong with a good lump of steak?????

If you prefer burgers there is plenty offerings of traditional thai fur burgers to be had!

You will find the 1st 4 on your list, I'm not sure about the last 4, but I'm sure you will find anything your looking for here.

You might like Bob's BBQ and Mexican Grill on LK Metro (off Soi 13, from 2nd road), they have pretty tasty burgers and American type BBQ (chicken, beef and pork) along with Mexican food.

http://www.bobs-bbq.com/

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Food is the least of your problems. You'll find the American fast food standards aplenty. McD, BK, Subway, Starbux, KFC, Pizza Hut, DQ, etc. (and probably a few others since my last visit). Additionally, there is the aforementioned Bob's, Great American Rib, Sizzler, Tequila Reef, Gullivers, Pattaya Beer Garden, New Orleans (in Naklua), Hard Rock (technically British but US food) etc.

Outside of junk food central, there are plenty of western food joints serving British, Irish, German, Japanese, Italian and other offerings.

Try this for further research: http://pattayarestaurants.net/

Finally, unlike the PI, Thai food is actually very good. You should try it.

Edited by arbiez

For steak, pasta, Reuben sandwiches and other non-fast food, I recommend The Golf Club on Soi LK Metro. It has quality dishes at reasonable prices. I had a tasty grilled pork chop with sides for about $8 USD! This small restaurant has a nice, laid back, atmosphere and the American owner is quite nice.

For steak, pork chops and other non-fast food, I recommend The Golf Club on Soi LK Metro. It has quality food and more than reasonable prices. This small restaurant has a nice, laid back atmosphere and the American owner is quite nice.

I've eaten there to... I agree, the food is spot on.

What's a Reuben sandwich?

EDIT. Looked up wiki. Looks good. never had one before.

Reuben.jpg

Edited by pallmall
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

I'd just like to know why they can get Shakey's in the Philippines but it is near impossible to find one in the US anymore.

PS - I'm only ranting, I do know the actual reason why :(

"I want to take you into that bedroom, lock the door, throw you on the bed, take off your clothes with my teeth and give you a go-round like you've never had."

Herman "Duck" Phillips

that looks like a heart attack waiting to happen

• 3 weeks later...

So, if you were serving "American" food to impress someone, you would essentially do a "surf & turf" dinner, like Obama did for Hu, the Chinese premier, the other night. Surf and Turf is essentially Seafood and Steak, all done up.

Here's a menu.

http://www.drvino.com/2011/01/19/state-dinner-menu-hu-jintao-quilceda-creek/

The funny thing about a menu like this is that there's no way to describe the quality of the ingredients or the amount of care that went into making these courses. I'm a Yank so I'm biased, but this was a fantastic dinner menu.

And of course, Apple Pie for dessert.

Can you even get Apple Pie in Pattaya?

• 3 weeks later...
For steak, pasta, Reuben sandwiches and other non-fast food, I recommend The Golf Club on Soi LK Metro.

I will second this...The Golf Club has very good food and is right next to The Devil's Den...a great place to eat breakfast and watch American Football with the owners from New England. I had a Walking Street waitress cause quite the scene with me there one morning while a Cowboys vs Eagles game was on. Crying Thai girls and the NFL do not mix...:rolleyes:

Edited by Looter

There's also Rich Man Poor Man in Jomtien (Soi Chaiyapreuk?), and a little burger place called Just Burgers.

You might like Bob's BBQ and Mexican Grill on LK Metro (off Soi 13, from 2nd road), they have pretty tasty burgers and American type BBQ (chicken, beef and pork) along with Mexican food.

http://www.bobs-bbq.com/

I agree bob's is real tasty I just ate there try the rib and chicken combo it is outstanding

Had the burger on wed the first decent burger I have had in five trips to pattaya

The maccas doesnt taste the same. After first time, I avoid it. Been 2 times in three years. Western prices. Go with the local food is my advice.

how the americans can eat that ?

it's FAT as hell !!! i'm not surprised why the Americans are in overweight now, too much junk food and fat ingredients.

it's FAT as hell !!! i'm not surprised why the Americans are in overweight now, too much junk food and fat ingredients.

Well, to be fair, the light colored stuff is not fat on the meat, it is sauerkraut and melted swiss cheese.

Well, to be fair, the light colored stuff is not fat on the meat, it is sauerkraut and melted swiss cheese.

that's FAT.

Years ago they were quite hard to find, but thanks to growing Western influence…

Bon Appétit!

Motivational poster - Mc Donalds.jpg

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

images.jpg

Tha Secrets bar at Walking st do have decent American style foods .. Check that out..

fatForLife.jpg

images.jpg

:Cheers9:

Edited by ExpatDave