IGNORED

What Thais think about mongers

TakeItEasyDarling

I've been trying to learn Thai for a while and while looking through a Thai website i stummbled accross a thread about the book by Neil Hutchinson "Money still number one". The OP of the thread translates the extracts from the book into Thai and provoces a lively disscusion on the subject of bar girls and mongers.

http://www.ladyinter.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11046

My Thai is still not very good so large portions of the thread i couldn't read or properly understand but i did find this extract quite funny

ส่วนมากฝรั่งที่ชอบไปเที่ยวผู้หญิงตามพัทยา หาดป่าตอง ซอยนานา พัฒพงษ์

ซอยคาวบอย หรือสถานที่อเวจี อโคจร ซึ่งขึ้นชื่อในเรื่องเเบบนั้น เอามานอนด้วย

มันก็ไม่ใช่เป็นพวกฝรั่งที่ดีมีชาติตระกูลมาจากประเทศของมันหรอก

ไอ้พวกนี้เวลามันอยู่ในประเทศของมัน

มันก็เป็นเเค่ไอ้พวกที่คนในประเทศของเขาเรียกว่าไอ้พวก"Loser"

(หรือที่คนไทยมักจะเรียกฝรั่งกลุ่มนี้ว่า ไอ้พวกฝรั่งขี้นกนั่นแหล่ะ)

พวกฝรั่งScummy จะแบ่งได้เป็นหมวดหมู่ดังนี้ คือ

1)เป็นพวกรูปร่างหน้าตาอัปลักษณ์อัปปรีย์ ตัวอ้วนหนาลงพุง

แก่งั่กหงำเหงือกเหนียงยาน

2)เป็นพวกขี้เหล้า เมายา หย๋ำเป เสเพล

3)เป็นพวกกดขี่ทางเพศ ซึ่งจะไปหาผู้หญิงฝรั่งด้วยกันมาทำเมียก็ไม่ได้

เพราะหากมีปัญหากัน พวกผู้หญิงฝรั่งเขาคงไม่ยอมไอ้ผู้ชายพวกนี้หรอก

เพราะสาวๆฝรั่งพวกนี้รู้ว่ากฎหมายบ้านเมืองเขาคุ้มครองผู้หญิง

จากพวกผู้ชายเหล่านี้ได้ดีขนาดไหน

4)ฝรั่งกลุ่มนี้มักจะเป็นพวกชนชั้นเเรงงาน

กรรมกรหรือมีการศึกษาไม่สูงในตปท.

5)ฝรั่งพวกนี้ส่วนมากเคยเป็นเด็กที่มีปัญหา

เติบโตมาจากพื้นฐานครอบครัวที่ไม่ค่อยจะดี

เช่น พวกที่มาจาก State councilหรือที่เรียกกันอีกชื่อว่า Slums in the sky นั่นเอง

6)ไอ้พวกเจ้าชู้มักมากในกาม มีเมียอยู่ที่ประเทศตัวเองเเล้ว

เเต่ทำตัวเจ้าชู้ที่ประเทศของตัวเองไม่ได้ เพราะค่าคุณโสฯแพง

บ้างก็กลัวเมียจับได้ เลยต้องยอมลงทุนหนีมาเที่ยวผู้หญิงในประเทศโลกที่3

ซึ่งพวกฝรั่งชั้นล่างในกลุ่มที่ได้ยกตัวอย่างมา

มันอยู่ในประเทศของมัน ก็ไม่มีผู้หญิงฝรั่งดีๆ

เขาเอาพวกฝรั่งขี้นกกลุ่มนี้ไปทำพันธุ์

มันเลยเป็นเศษเดนของสังคมในประเทศมัน ซึ่งถ้าพวกนี้มันอยากมีคู่

มันก็ต้องยอมลงทุน เดินทางมาหาผู้หญิงที่ไม่มีทางเลือกในประเทศ

ที่ยากจน เช่น ไทย ฟิลิปปินส์ ตามประเทศกลุ่มละตินอเมริกา เป็นต้น

ส่วนพวกฝรั่งดีๆ(ไม่ใช่พวกฝรั่งขี้นก) เวลาคนพวกนี้เขาไปท่องเที่ยวตามประเทศต่างๆ

จะสังเกตได้เลยว่า เขาจะไปเที่ยวชมเกาะแก่งธรรมชาติ ตามภูเขา น้ำตก ตามทะเล

ไม่ก็พวกที่เราเคยเห็นออกรายการตามทีวี ที่ฝรั่งกลุ่มนี้มาเที่ยวในประเทศที่ยากจน

เพื่อไปช่วยชาวบ้านสร้างร.ร.ตามตจว.อะไรแบบนั้น

ฉะนั้นในเมื่อฝรั่งขี้นกกลุ่มนี้เลือกที่จะมาคบหาผ้หญิงบาร์

มันก็ไม่ต่างอะไรกับที่มันไปว่าผู้หญิงบาร์เขาหรอก

เหมาะสมกันดีเเล้ว อยากหื่น ตัณหากลับ มักมากในกาม

ก็ต้องโดนผู้หญิงบาร์บางกลุ่มหลอกสนตะพายกลับไปเหมือนควายซะบ้าง

ดีใจกับพวกมันด้วย ที่โดนผู้หญิงบาร์บางคนหลอกเเด็ก

Edited by @_@ - 11 Nov 2010 at 18:24 :

Ok so I had to cheat and use google translate but here is a rough translation:

Most western men who like to visit the Pattaya beach, Patong, Patpong Soi Nana.

Soi Cowboy or places which has a reputation sleeping with women

It is not their best westerner from a good family.

This time they cough,

People in his country called them "Loser".

(Or the Thai people tend to call this group of foreigners ไอ้พวกฝรั่งขี้นก That's is Scummy They Western Scummy. Will be divided into categories as follows.

1) Of ugly apearance old and very fat/thick

2) They are alcoholic rogues

3) They are sexually oppresed. The Western men arrive to find a female to make wife,

Becuse western woman if they have a problem together she can refuse him this because

western women know the law of the state will protect them if the man leaves they get much.

4)Farang group is often low class Labourer.

Does not have a high education.

5) Most of these foreigners have a childhood with problems.

and came from a family foundation is not good.

Such as those from the State council, or other so-called named "Slums in the sky" sure enough.

6) Men who are lustful and have a wife at home in their country but want to be unfaifull but cannot at home because it is to expensive.

Western ground floor, which they were reached in the examples.

It lies in its Western women were not good.

So he flees to find women in poor countries such as Thailand, the Philippines, the Latin American group, etc.

Good westerners (not their bird shit) these people they travel to other countries.

I noticed that he will go sight seeing visit the islands of natural waterfalls, the mountains by the sea.

This group of foreigners visiting the country of poverty.

To help people create, produce something like that.

So westerner bird shit choose to interact with bar girls

he is no different to the bar girls.

They are suitable together he led by sexual Desire by a slim bar girl being tricked decieved like a buffalo

also with them some bar girls are being deceived by a Dog.

Edited by TakeItEasyDarling

Well you've restricted your audience by not translating the Thai script but I suppose it's understandable and I don't have time to do it either. It's a shame though as I feel it would make for some damn good discussion. Well yes I do find it funny but they're entitled to their views, the only thing is that I doubt many of them know anything about the P4P industry in Thailand for foreign tourists (or the P4P industry for Thais come to that). The people who wrote it are also probably from a class of educated Thais that will never have to consider working as bar girls to make a living.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Well you've restricted your audience by not translating the Thai script but I suppose it's understandable and I don't have time to do it either. It's a shame though as I feel it would make for some damn good discussion. Well yes I do find it funny but they're entitled to their views, the only thing is that I doubt many of them know anything about the P4P industry in Thailand for foreign tourists (or the P4P industry for Thais come to that). The people who wrote it are also probably from a class of educated Thais that will never have to consider working as bar girls to make a living.

Sorry I'll edit it now to include translation though my Thai is terrible so there may be some missing words and more than a few errors. Though the extract I've posted is a little derogatory it doen't reflect the general tone of the thread it was taken from where there were some well thought out and balanced opinions.

Sorry I'll edit it now to include translation though my Thai is terrible so there may be some missing words and more than a few errors. Though the extract I've posted is a little derogatory it doen't reflect the general tone of the thread it was taken from where there were some well thought out and balanced opinions.

Sure,obviously my comments were just directed at what I'd read. Referring to us as 'man' (it) and losers etc.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Google Translate is your friend.....well kinda. I just did a direct copy and paste but it kinda makes sense.

The thing to remember is that this is one persons opinion....like my opinion is my own.

Most western women who like to visit the Pattaya beach, Patong, Patpong Soi Nana.

Soi Cowboy or place Oeyhe The orbit, which has a reputation Ee slows it took to sleeping with

It is not their best western or having the family come from its' s.

This time they cough, it is in its

I care, it is those people in his country called them steam "Loser".

(Or the Thai people tend to call this group of foreigners that I. They ฝrnenongkhegnu That's it.)

They Western Scummy. Will be divided into categories as follows.

1) up to their ugly appearance last year Mary. The ratio of fat thickness.

Wattle gum to Ongenu extremely lop

2) They are drugs for repeat drunk drunkard is dissipated

3) to their sexual exploitation. The Western women to find a female together, it does not.

Because if there is problems. Western women, he would not allow these men 's ice.

Western women because they know that the law of this country he protected women.

From these guys how well.

4) Western group is often their class Labour.

Labor or study abroad year is not high, safe.

5) Most of these foreigners have a child with problems.

Growth came from a family foundation is not good.

Such as those from the State council, or other so-called named Slums in the sky sure enough.

6) I. They flirt prurient Myanmar is a country that itself Ee Long.

Ee Tong enough to buck their own country can not So because the expensive cost you.

Some fear female caught. I have to give investors fled to visit women in the third world countries.

Western ground floor, which they were reached in the examples.

It lies in its Western women were not good.

He took them to a variety ฝrnenongkhegnu this group.

Dennis is a fraction of it, in its society. That if they want to have it double.

It must be willing to invest. Come to find a woman had no choice in the country.

Poor countries such as Thailand, the Philippines, the Latin American group, etc.

Of their great western (not their ฝrnenongkhegnu) at these people as they travel to other countries.

I noticed that He will visit the islands of natural waterfalls, the mountains by the sea.

It is not that we've seen them off the list by the TV. This group of foreigners visiting the country of poverty.

To help people create a percent. Thi Tong by Stuart. Something like that.

So when this group ฝrnenongkhegnu choose to interact via the barmaid

It is no different to what it to him that the bar girls.

Ee covering the right well I lust to lust lustful

I have to hit the bar girls, some fool Sneapori back as someone like an idiot.

Happy with them with Some bar girls of being deceived Ee a Dog.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I remember when I was a Teen growing up in Canterbury There was an Army barracks and when the Squaddies were on leave they would come into town drinking and some would come into the bars where we drank, they would flash their cash around and try for the girls, (our Girls) in (our City)so inevitably a punch up would ensue.

We saw the girls as ours and these flash smart buggers were not having them, Thai's no doubt feel a similar jealousy at the flash Farangs splashing wads of baht all over, being able to afford good food, clothes, beer and Their girls.

Thais are not prone to fighting as we were in those days but cross them, disrespect them and look out, mob handed they will have at you, dont be flash and respect them and they are ok.

As for how they see the average westerner here in Pattaya, well Pattaya attracts the sort of girls and guys etc that are after a quick buck but the average Thai middle class person would be polite but would not have much to ask you only maybe out of fascination.

You would see the difference in the people and attitudes maybe if you were say a Teacher outside of Pattaya.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

They don't usually say that much to me.

Its normally;

you nice man

you have good heart

I go with you.

er, thats it....

If they call me a loser by going to LOS and party all day, sleep with gorgeous women let them do, no problem for me. i don't give a shit about what people think of me! It's my life and i do what i want to live my life to the fullest, that's what mongering is all about!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

I will translate this at the weekend. Am a little busy with work this week but will definitely do it as its always interesting to see articles like this.

Google translate is not very reliable for sentence translation I'm afraid. More or less translates into the Thai equivilent of Tinglish which just sounds weird.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

Well guess I fall into category 2. :P

Johnny Wilde

CEO - Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya

"You only pass through this life once, you never come back for encores!" - Elvis Presley

"You guys took "normal mongering" and shot it full of nitroglycerin and then set a match to it" - thumper63

If the situation were reversed, I don't think my countrymen would be nearly as reserved in their expression.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

googling stuff like "ทำไมฝรั่ง..." etc is something I do a lot, I find hitting messageboards etc is a lot more interesting than some durge Manee book or the like.

I once stumbled across a similiar one about why thai women like farangs and there was a few pages where it went on about our nobs being bigger than a thai mans but not as rigid and that a thai man is more like a rabbit in the bedroom.

Porbably best to read on a little some of the people comments are little more open :D

Edited by herds

Regardless of the final "translation" that has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I imagine it's all too true :Laugh1:

1) Of ugly apearance old and very fat/thick - hmm, well, i've never been anyway else that has as many crusty old dodgy looking geezers as the girly spots in thailand

2) They are alcoholic rogues - what do pretty much any people on holiday do? get drunk and relax, so I think this is a little silly. Also the script they also say druggies.

3) They are sexually oppresed. The Western men arrive to find a female to make wife,

Becuse western woman if they have a problem together she can refuse him this because

western women know the law of the state will protect them if the man leaves they get much. - kinda true, i have mates that "don't get none" if they go out on their bike when they shouldn't and also other guys i've met where the wife won't ever give blowjobs etc, that would make me sexually repressed pretty quick. I think it's that strive for equality that Thai women don't have that probably attracts a great deal of men to them... i know it does for me.

Does not have a high education. - surely not, these guys ring the bell!

5) Most of these foreigners have a childhood with problems.

and came from a family foundation is not good.

Such as those from the State council, or other so-called named "Slums in the sky" sure enough. - hmm, don't know where to start with this.

6) Men who are lustful and have a wife at home in their country but want to be unfaifull but cannot at home because it is to expensive. - Probably true at a couple hundred a pop for a hooker most can't afford that on a regular basis, but the bit about searching for women in a third world country seems a bit out there surely if we're talking about thailand.

I could quite easily write an article that acted as scathing attack on Thai girls or Thai's just as easily as I could write a positive article.

Edited by herds

LOL that is just too funny......

Same, the streets are all paved in gold, and falangs have huge piles of cash...etc etc etc

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

In my case, I think I'm just being realistic. I'm not 25 any more, and I was never more than average looking to begin with. Unfortunately, I'm not rich either. As a result, no way in hell can I get a really hot girl in the US. It's just not going to happen. Thailand is the next best thing...

I think that Thai post is right on the money on almost every point. I didn't really read it as being 'negative', as much as being 'observatory'.

Just read around the Mid-so Facebook accounts - especially the students studying abroad and you get a very good feel for what Thais, especially middle class Thais think. I dont think I can post direct Facebook page links here but search for Kaydee and see what she and her snotty friends think of us and Pattaya in general. One of her friends is forever putting down any westerner who is either over 30 or visits Pattaya - she never shuts up about "mummy factory", i am sure you know the type.

That said they look down on low class Thais even more - typical really.

As one of those quotes shows they are obsessed with "education". They truly seem to believe that education is the only thing that divides people. They totally fail to understand that education and intelligent are not the same thing and simply dont grasp that they are NOT "better" just coz mummy and daddy can pay.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

had to laugh at this

Does not have a high education.

this is way wrong...it could be the complete opposite :Circle_Sharks:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Just read around the Mid-so Facebook accounts - especially the students studying abroad and you get a very good feel for what Thais, especially middle class Thais think. I dont think I can post direct Facebook page links here but search for Kaydee and see what she and her snotty friends think of us and Pattaya in general. One of her friends is forever putting down any westerner who is either over 30 or visits Pattaya - she never shuts up about "mummy factory", i am sure you know the type.

That said they look down on low class Thais even more - typical really.

As one of those quotes shows they are obsessed with "education". They truly seem to believe that education is the only thing that divides people. They totally fail to understand that education and intelligent are not the same thing and simply dont grasp that they are NOT "better" just coz mummy and daddy can pay.

(I love bangng Whores.....from Flying_Guitars ( Aka The Walking ATM).........post that on her facebook

"You only get two pieces of ass in your life. Your first and your last." Everything in between is extra gravy and I love extra gravy.

Very interesting topic, it's really a shame not to be able to understand more about what they say ...

However, these things reminds me the movie "Analyze This" where Robert De Niro (a Mafia Boss) talks with his psychiatrist (Billy Cristal):

Boss: I do things with her I can't do with my wife.

Dr: Why can't you do them with your wife?

Boss: Hey, that's the mouth she kisses my kids goodnight with! What are you, crazy?

With all due respect for the TGs :25:

2) They are alcoholic rogues

That's mine :Number1a:

I think slums in the sky means the projects that were built in the ghettos back in the 60s and 70s.

I have been chatting with Thai ladies on Thailovelines, and have been asking why they are looking for foreign men. The most common answer is that Thai men think they are playboys and lie then also go get bar girls.

So, some of the comments about foreigners coming in and taking their girls is probably the reason to try to insult us. It's human nature in American culture too to put down people you are jealous of.

The girls like us, that's all that matters.

Very intersting stuff.

I would not take one posting by one Thai person on an internet forum as a definative statement of the position of the Thai people.

My god... If we took one posting form this forum to judge all western people by we could get some pretty crazy stuff :)

That said is does sound like plausible reflection of the views of some wealthy Thai people.

Thais seem to think a lot about class, and high class thai people are not supposed to live like the average mongerer. So I guess its natural they assume most p4p tourtists are low class. The problem think the rich ones stay home with 2 or 3 girlfriends :P

Ultimatly I think we are quite lucky that the falang and Thai BG scenes are seperate.

There would be a lot more tension of the guys who've just worked 80 hours at the building site this week turn up to get pissed and laid find out that rich falangs have taken all the women or pushed the prices up.

I think the Thai view is pretty spot on in terms of what I see around the streets of Pattaya; but its flawed like every generalization....

Not all falangs are blue collar, not all falangs are drunks, not all of us are old/ugly/loosers.

This view is pretty similar as to what the Western world has about Thailand; a country of prostitutes and child pornography.

And so the world goes..... :(

Both of the above are true. :Agree1:

But what a lot of mongers forget is that despite their command of the English language and the "sanuk" factor...most of these girls are not from "the cream of Thai society" and thus are looked down on by "middle-class" and "hi-so" Thais whatever their profession.

If they were in the UK the vast majority of them would probably be living in a council flat with 3 kids by 3 different dad's. They are what we in the UK might call "chavs".

That's the reality.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL