Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What Thais think about mongers

TakeItEasyDarling

ZZZzzzz..yawn...is this turning in to another "better than you" thread?

In my book better education and higher intelligence means a wider acceptance and understanding both sides of the case aswell as the differencens of cultural backgrounds!

Everyone comes from a different walk of life so don't pay to much attention to details or other peoples opinion, make your own call from your own experiences.

Walk tall FFS!

I am back to sleep now!

Johnny Wilde

CEO - Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya

"You only pass through this life once, you never come back for encores!" - Elvis Presley

"You guys took "normal mongering" and shot it full of nitroglycerin and then set a match to it" - thumper63

ZZZzzzz..yawn...is this turning in to another "better than you" thread?

In my book better education and higher intelligence means a wider acceptance and understanding both sides of the case aswell as the differencens of cultural backgrounds!

Everyone comes from a different walk of life so don't pay to much attention to details or other peoples opinion, make your own call from your own experiences.

Walk tall FFS!

I am back to sleep now!

I sort of know where you are coming from. I "try" and take people as I find them.

But I think unless you understand their position in Thai Society or their equivalent in your own you're deluding yourself.

In the UK I don't mix with druggies, low-lives and "ladies of the night"...yet I fly 6000 miles to Thailand to do it. :Dunno:

However, I have enough self-awareness to understand that make's me a hypocrite! :Busted::Laugh1:

RAZZ

• 3 weeks later...

People judging others? Who would have thought that goes on... ignore it and live your life the way YOU intend to. Never let someone dictate to what is wrong and right in their eyes! Everyone has opinions, and i would hope individuals do not get worked up over things like this.

Ummm, so the Thai's have the same opinion of 'mongers' as the rest of the population in our home countries?

I don't know about you guys, but in general terms I'm pretty careful who I tell the reality of my trips to LOS too. My close single mates are fascinated and envious (but too reserved/chicken/broke/whatever to make the trip themselves), the rest of the people I know would consider me to be a low-life degenerate old man if I told them the whole story. As it is, they can possibly make some assumptions if they've ever been to Thailand, but most don't know enough to point an accusing finger.

As JW said, walk tall. In LOS I act with respect and am as courteous and generous as I am at home, though I'll admit to being messy drunk on many occasions. Next trip will include some more cultural aspects, so I guess in terms of the article that will make me a better class of degeneratebiggrin.gif.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

But I think unless you understand their position in Thai Society or their equivalent in your own you're deluding yourself.

In the UK I don't mix with druggies, low-lives and "ladies of the night"...yet I fly 6000 miles to Thailand to do it. :Dunno:

I think that's right on. Thai people are normal people just like back in our own countries. Just because they smile to your face, doesn't mean they don't think you're a dirt bag.

I generally do not monger at home because of prices. But when I'm in Thailand, I do keep it on the down low. If you want to associate with regular Thai men and women via other hobbies and interests, or business, or whatever - that's what you have to do.

That said, a lot of people just go to Pattaya and Walking Street on vacation and that is it. If you isolate yourself just to this environment, it doesn't matter. That is what it's there for. A place where you don't have to worry or think about any potential repercussions.

Not all falangs are blue collar, not all falangs are drunks, not all of us are old/ugly/loosers.

Not all, of course, but the percentage of farangs in Pattaya who are is very, very, very high. And most of the rest are just families on a tiny budget (a.k.a. Russians). Also you forgot "fat". I certainly qualify as being old and ugly (if I ignore my "handsome man" wallet) and tubby.

I thought the original Thai commentator got it just about spot on.

The only thing the Thai commentator forget to mention (I wonder why?) is that nearly 100% of Thais see ALL farangs as walking ATMs. This is from the very top of the government right down to the very bottom of the food chain and includes everyone in between.

This isnt to say that they dont like farangs. After all, who wouldnt like a walking ATM? But to nearly all Thais we are pretty much all still walking ATMs, including those of us who have been married to a Thai girl for 50 years and have 100 kids and employ loads of Thai staff in our businesses and are part-time Buddhist monks and who knows what else. All still just basically ATMs on legs.

There's lots of delusion in Pattaya and you only need to spend a few minutes reading threads in here to appreciate it.

Very intersting stuff.

I would not take one posting by one Thai person on an internet forum as a definative statement of the position of the Thai people.

My god... If we took one posting form this forum to judge all western people by we could get some pretty crazy stuff :)

That said is does sound like plausible reflection of the views of some wealthy Thai people.

Thais seem to think a lot about class, and high class thai people are not supposed to live like the average mongerer. So I guess its natural they assume most p4p tourtists are low class. The problem think the rich ones stay home with 2 or 3 girlfriends :P

I find it amusing that the biggest mongering group in Thailand are the Thais themselves.

And I'm sure we are aware of 'exclusive' clubs that cater to the higher society/economic class types, guys with lots of power that can have ladies that cost insane amounts of baht.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I thought the original Thai commentator got it just about spot on.

The only thing the Thai commentator forget to mention (I wonder why?) is that nearly 100% of Thais see ALL farangs as walking ATMs. This is from the very top of the government right down to the very bottom of the food chain and includes everyone in between.

This isnt to say that they dont like farangs. After all, who wouldnt like a walking ATM? But to nearly all Thais we are pretty much all still walking ATMs, including those of us who have been married to a Thai girl for 50 years and have 100 kids and employ loads of Thai staff in our businesses and are part-time Buddhist monks and who knows what else. All still just basically ATMs on legs.

There's lots of delusion in Pattaya and you only need to spend a few minutes reading threads in here to appreciate it.

They didn't mention it because they were commenting on Farangs, not Thais.

But that is another thing they are right about: we are walking ATMs. Compared to many of our countrymen, we are doing well enough to fly literally 1/2 way around the World for a few weeks to just hang out. That requires at least some money. Many people in the US can never do that sort of thing.

But more importantly, it's all relative. If we hang out with the poorest of the poor in Thailand, our crappy 30,000 USD/year jobs looks pretty awesome to them if they are making 300-500baht/day of hard labor. The only thing they can't really judge well is just how well off we may be - they don't know if we can hit up Emporium for a big shopping spree of $150/pair jeans. So they push our limits to see what they can and can't get away from.

as i speak a little bit Thai, i had many conversation with them about that and only one stuff they still NOT understand is : why we love such low class thai ladies and some farangs marry them...

many times they said to me why we not stay in Bangkok and date the best looking ladies ? they mean not P4P girls, white skin office ladies...

they know we have money and we are not poor, they see us spend in less than 1 hour some baht they earn in 1 month, so the poor farang in their eyes is bullshit.

funny how so many of their movies are about the girl who must choose between the poor farm boy and the rich good looking doctor... and she in the end chooses the poor guy, yet that happening in real life out there is about a 1000/1 where as in the UK that kind of thing doesnt really matter as much and bin man going out with a lawyer wouldn't be the weirdest thing i've heard all day.