IGNORED

Thai Sim cards

Tao 66

6 trips behind me now and I'm still finding Newbie questions!

OK last time I went I bought a thai Sim card for my phone...I last went out in September. I know that you need to top it up every so often or it dies...how long does it last without top up? if it is 180 days that's OK I will be back in time. It is a pain in the ass having to change my number every time I go but I understand there is a way to make the sim card last longer by dialling a number or something...maybe one of the girls knows how to do it for a tip.

My sim card is TH GSM

Cheers!

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

OK last time I went I bought a thai Sim card for my phone...I last went out in September. I know that you need to top it up every so often or it dies...how long does it last without top up? if it is 180 days that's OK I will be back in time. It is a pain in the ass having to change my number every time I go but I understand there is a way to make the sim card last longer by dialling a number or something...maybe one of the girls knows how to do it for a tip.

My sim card is TH GSM

Cheers!

i topped mine up last thursday before i left with a 100 baht credit and the message come through saying it was valid untill 20.7.11.

thats all the help i can be i'm afraid

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

If it's a 1 2 call, it goes by how often you recharge it. Not sure about a number to call you were asking about.

HAVE SOME FUN....GET IT ALL OVER HER FACE!!

PATTAYA IS A MAN'S PARADISE !!

My sim card is TH GSM

Cheers!

Great question... and let me add a related question to your post.

Is it possible to buy a Thai sim card BEFORE via mail order, so you have the number before you get there? That would save me a bit of time when I arrive (my stay will be short) as well as let me give my contact number out to work and house-sitters.

Just wondering if others have done this, and where they bought them. I can do it at the airport when I get there if necessary but it would be easier to do it beforehand.

-Noob

My sim card is TH GSM

Cheers!

All depends which promotion you are on, and there are many different ones that come and go all the time.

For this reason I swapped to DTAC who keep it going for a year every time I top up with more than 50 baht, the catch is they charge 2 baht per min for calls as opposed to 1 baht on most tariffs... I'll be honest and say I don't understand it fully but my current set up works for me. If I were you I would find a girl who speaks good English and ask her to call the call centre in between blow jobs.

Another reason I opted for DTAC is that they have a 24hr live chat facility on there website so you can get problems dealt with (in English) in any part of the world.

Is it possible to buy a Thai sim card BEFORE via mail order, so you have the number before you get there? That would save me a bit of time when I arrive (my stay will be short) as well as let me give my contact number out to work and house-sitters.

Just wondering if others have done this, and where they bought them. I can do it at the airport when I get there if necessary but it would be easier to do it beforehand.

-Noob

Link.

-Noob

Seems a complex solution to a simple problem. If you have the contacts in your phone you can peick up sim at airport and sms colleagues from taxi on way to Pats which will give them your number. Most phones allow a sms to go to multiple people. Overseas SMS are not that expensive, I would guess a lot cheaper than the shipping on a sim??

All depends which promotion you are on, and there are many different ones that come and go all the time.

For this reason I swapped to DTAC who keep it going for a year every time I top up with more than 50 baht, the catch is they charge 2 baht per min for calls as opposed to 1 baht on most tariffs... I'll be honest and say I don't understand it fully but my current set up works for me. If I were you I would find a girl who speaks good English and ask her to call the call centre in between blow jobs.

Another reason I opted for DTAC is that they have a 24hr live chat facility on there website so you can get problems dealt with (in English) in any part of the world.

Link.

Noober, just make sure you buy the Sim Card and not the top cards, Sims should be about $2 or so

Link.

Go on their website and register and you can change plans and do anything.I'm on 1bt/min and 1 bt/sms and all done via the website.

Validity can be extended and international roaming put on for a pittance,never had a problem with dtac and I certainly wouldn't think about changing to 1 to call.

Seems a complex solution to a simple problem. If you have the contacts in your phone you can peick up sim at airport and sms colleagues from taxi on way to Pats which will give them your number. Most phones allow a sms to go to multiple people. Overseas SMS are not that expensive, I would guess a lot cheaper than the shipping on a sim??

Complex solution to simple problem -- who, me?

Probably good advice; just take care of it at the airport.

Thanks for the common sense!

-Noob

Do you know if you can pick the DTAC ones up in the airport?

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

There is a DTAC outlet at the Airport. I beleive it is located in the Arrival Passenger Hall, 2nd Floor, Gate 7.

perhaps somone could confirm for definate

Cheers

Dodgy

I bought my first One2Call before I came off ebay for about 2 quid free post.

I'm still using that 4 years later.

I bought another One2Call about 3 years ago, which is also everlasting (I think) but it was maybe 300 baht?

I've since bought a third One2Call for 99 Baht including credit from 7/11, but if I don't top it up monthly it will die.

I note the recommendations for Dtac, but I've never looked into the difference and always been ignorantly content with One2Call.

Go on their website and register and you can change plans and do anything.I'm on 1bt/min and 1 bt/sms and all done via the website.

Validity can be extended and international roaming put on for a pittance,never had a problem with dtac and I certainly wouldn't think about changing to 1 to call.

That's spot on! I never knew you could do that! I sorted mine right out. Cheers bud.

As okitsme says head for the DTAC kiosk on the arrivals level you can pick them up there.

There is a DTAC outlet at the Airport. I beleive it is located in the Arrival Passenger Hall, 2nd Floor, Gate 7.

perhaps somone could confirm for definate

Cheers

Dodgy

As okitsme says head for the DTAC kiosk on the arrivals level you can pick them up there.

Thanks both.

I will give that a go as the last one that I bought has already expired after only two months, despite the assurances from the guy in the shop that it would last at least six months without being used.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Thanks both.

I will give that a go as the last one that I bought has already expired after only two months, despite the assurances from the guy in the shop that it would last at least six months without being used.

could have been it would last six months without being used but once activated each top up is only valid for a limited time and also the SIM will expire.

could have been it would last six months without being used but once activated each top up is only valid for a limited time and also the SIM will expire.

I think that the guy genuinely had no idea about the card that he was selling to me. I also asked for one that would work in Burma and Laos. It did, for all of 200 metres inside the respective borders.....

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

I think that the guy genuinely had no idea about the card that he was selling to me. I also asked for one that would work in Burma and Laos. It did, for all of 200 metres inside the respective borders.....

lesson learned.. research first and don't trust some dumb shit at the airport.

I might give DTAC a try next time as well. My 1-2-call card which I nursed over 5 years has finally expired due to my long absence.

Does anyone know about data charges? I presume you can get 3g there. I just bought a smart phone partly so I could avoid lugging my laptop with me. I can connect via wifi but if 3g data is reasonable I might use that instead/as well.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I might give DTAC a try next time as well. My 1-2-call card which I nursed over 5 years has finally expired due to my long absence.

Does anyone know about data charges? I presume you can get 3g there. I just bought a smart phone partly so I could avoid lugging my laptop with me. I can connect via wifi but if 3g data is reasonable I might use that instead/as well.

you will need a True 3G sim and a phone that supports 850 Mhz to get 3G in Pattaya.

you will need a True 3G sim and a phone that supports 850 Mhz to get 3G in Pattaya.

Erm... Thats blinded me with science!

I have a Nokia N8, does that count? Is '3g' the only way to get mobile data or just the best/fastest? Is it expensive there via True3g sim?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I have a Nokia N8, does that count? Is '3g' the only way to get mobile data or just the best/fastest? Is it expensive there via True3g sim?

I'm not an expert in cell phones, but what I do know from experience is that if you put a regular thai sim, say 1-2-call, into a smart phone without turning off the background data push services it will drain your credit faster than a BG will drain your wallet!

google your phone specs or call the place you bought it, etc.. and see if it supports 850 Mhz as a first step.

My 12Call sim has a 365 day validity after topup. So as long as I go once a year all is sweet. I also have roaming activated and can use it to receive messages from various friends in thailand. I can top it up online and I can send an SMS thru their website for 1bht per text