IGNORED

Thai Sim cards

Tao 66

For some its probably a plus point that the sims don't usually work when you leave the country, stops BG's chasing you all round the globe!!

you can also send free sms's from the DTAC website, up to 50 per month to other DTAC users. Handy when you are outside Thailand.

Handy to know as I didn't realise that......

Handy to know as I didn't realise that......

Handy for Frugal Charles to send Koy her Western Union info when he is back in England.

Grin_Jump1.gif

I'm not an expert in cell phones, but what I do know from experience is that if you put a regular thai sim, say 1-2-call, into a smart phone without turning off the background data push services it will drain your credit faster than a BG will drain your wallet!

I have all that turned off anyway as I only get 500mb per month free. I turn it on as and when I want to use it. I Was hoping it might be cheap enough in Thailand to use.

google your phone specs or call the place you bought it, etc.. and see if it supports 850 Mhz as a first step.

Found this on the Nokia site so looks like it supports 850mhz

Operating Frequency

• GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
  • WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100
  • Automatic switching between WCDMA & GSM bands

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Also if you have a friend here they can put credit on your number using their phone, check one to call website for instructions.

i'm just back from pattaya a couple of days. i topped up phone with 100bht before i left and got sms saying valid until 8/12/2011. i'm with dtac.