Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Calling Thailand

Braveheart

At the suggestion of Whitespider I would like all BMs to post in this thread the best ways they know of to call Thailand. I would like to make a comprehensive list of as many different ways/companies to use from as many different countries as possible. Many of us are using cheap ways to phone and sometimes that comes with mixed results. So if you are going to rate things like quality of service or connection quality we should try and stick to a similar formula - poor, fair, ok, good, great. That will give us a simple formula for determining if the quality is worth saving a couple of pennies or if spending more gets us the quality we would prefer.

I would like to see maximum participation with this as it can be a big help to everyone and it is a topic which will come up frequently. I will bump the topic to the top regularly.

UK to Thailand

From a landline dial 08444626464 then follow the simple instructions

Calls to Thailand are as follows:-

To Landlines 1p per minute

To Mobiles and some landlines in certain provinces 2p per minute.

Most of you will pay the 2p charge as most girls have mobile phones.

There are others at similar prices but this one is 99% reliable, i.e. almost always makes the connection while some of the other cheap services struggle to do this.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

UK - Mobile - Thai Mobile

I have 800 minutes free as part of my monthly bundle. I am with O2 and I can call Thailand using these minutes. This is done through Planet calling

www.planetcalling.com

I am not sure what the charges are for other Networks.

You are Calling from a UK Mobile to THAILAND MOBILE

This call is FREE with O2 using your network inclusive minutes, and may have a small surcharge per minute using other networks, please check with your provider, you can dial this destination during the following times:

Weekdays

PEAK

08:00 - 17:59 Weekdays

OFF PEAK

18:00 - 07:59 Weekends

sat 00:00 - sun 23:59

Please dial the following access number Weekday Peak: 0870 041 3488, Weekday Off Peak & Weekend: 0844 545 6005 followed by the international dialling code and the international number you are calling.

Come on folks! Give me more information than this to work with. I know there's a bunch of you sad bastards out thewre making regular phone calls because I'm one of them myself. :LMFAO:

• 2 months later...

Imagine you are cold up there now. Just got home. No snow and golfing here but not real warm.

Best deal I've found for calling is 7/11 phone cards. They have a few different ones but I use the World Card. 10.7 cents a minute and no access charges. Canada and US is only 3.9 cents. I use them for everything now. Can't beat it.

I'm with Telus for my cell and they have a plan that for $2 I can add a text messaging packaging to my caller id plan. It gives me 100 texts a month to anywhere in the US and Canada. These are normally 15 cents each. When I text Thailand they credit me 15 cents for each one so only charge me 5 cents a text as they are normally 20 cents each. After 100 you pay the 20 cents.

The boys here love the pictures of my judging at the FLB.

Forgot to add that when you use your cell phone for the long distance calls you only are charged local time plus the 10.7 cents. Most of us have plans with more minutes than we use each month so really doesn't cost any more from my cell or at home.

Was texting a girl after my hockey game a couple nights ago. Got messages back right away. Impressed the boys! Told them no stories this year though as they can't keep their mouths shut.

To call Thailand from Australia the wife and I use phone cards. We use a company that lets you select the country you want and then it comes up with a list of the best options and then you just buy whichever one you want from them online.

http://www.phonecardselector.com.au/store/customer/home.php

Our current card is Chats. 7 cents a minute and no connection costs except for the local call. The quality of the connection has been fine.

Edited by thegrogmonster

Moneysavingexpert.com

The CallChecker scans the cheapest providers daily to provide the most up to date call costs for calling all countries. Once you've found the cheapest provider for your chosen destination, dial the override provider's access number followed by the number you want to dial, remembering the international code.

Works for calls from the UK.

Edited by somnomna
soisix-ani.gif

Okay, I have recently joined the ranks of those that are phoning Thailand on a regular basis. My first couple of calls were from my mobile but at 99p a minute, that soon stopped. Then I checked with my landline operator what their costs were and again it was enough to make me concerned about talking too long.

So it was out hunting on the WWW

The best deal I've found for dialling from the UK is Telesavers which advertises its rates as being 1p a minute. You simply dial 0844 8612525 and follow the instructions (i.e Dial 00 66 8 xxxxxxxxx followed by #). I think that you can programme this in to modern speed dials by inserting a 'pause' between the access number and the Thailand number.

Hope this helps a few guys.

I've made maybe a dozen calls using this system and haven't encountered any real problems. A couple of failed connections, but when I have got through, the quality is as good as speaking within Pattaya. (i.e. acceptable, but not perfect)

• 3 weeks later...

US (California) to Thailand

I use 3uTelecom ( 3utelecom.com ) as my long distance carrier. Pac-Bell ( SBC ) is the local phone company - landlines - and their rates were way too high for long distance service. Now I am charged for long distance calls .. $ .08 for calls to Thailand, $ .03 for in state calls and $ .05 for out of state calls. Per minute rate rounded to the nearest second. Because 3uTelecom is assigned as the long distance carrier, I dial the number I want to call - no 10 number access codes - dial the international number of the person I am calling. Great rates and easy to use.

Verizon is my cell phone company. I pay $5 for international access per month. Again, dial the number I want to call. The rates are a little higher than my landline rates, so I use the landline whenever I can.

wallyc

Australia to Thailand

I have found CallThai to be good. They charge 2.5c a minute to a Thai mobile. There are no connection or maintenance fees. The few times I have used the card to call the line quality has been good. You can buy as little as $20 at a time.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I use phone cards ok rate, well certainly better than the normal land line rates$$$$

Had a few different ones all work same, mostly good connection.

Member since Dec 06.

Australia to Thailand

I have found CallThai to be good. They charge 2.5c a minute to a Thai mobile. There are no connection or maintenance fees. The few times I have used the card to call the line quality has been good. You can buy as little as $20 at a time.

I've tried a few of the available cards here in Oz and so far the best in terms of value and quality has been CallThai. I believe that that website gives yo a USA to Thai option as well.

Testicles

• 2 weeks later...

From the US I use a calling card purchased at Sam's club or you might find them at WalMart. I have used it for a lot of calls and have not run out of the $25 it was purchased for. I also signed up for and use www.ipipi.com it allows one to send txt or SMS in many different languages and is very cheap! Thanks for the tread. :Good_Job:

• 4 months later...

Please try www.niftylist.co.uk/calls have a list of them just work your way threw them, but it is from a BT landline and only 6pm to 6am

eg 1p mobile becomes 3p during the day.

Not that 3p is alot but after 1 hour on the telephone it can mount up.

From Carphone Warehouse it is double these prices and from mobiles well most mobiles company have taken 0844 numbers out of the free numbers packages.

Happy Chatting, also why not try Yahoo Messanger since from an internet with webcam you can chat for 20 baht an hour at her end and at your end for free. Even if you pay her fees on return it well worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

HI THERE MY WIFE CALLS HER MUM IN THAILAND AND SHE USES I CARD COST £5.00- £10.00 GIVES HER ABOUT 3000 MINS TO CALL THAI MOBILE

UK - Mobile - Thai Mobile

I have 800 minutes free as part of my monthly bundle. I am with O2 and I can call Thailand using these minutes. This is done through Planet calling

www.planetcalling.com

I am not sure what the charges are for other Networks.

You are Calling from a UK Mobile to THAILAND MOBILE

This call is FREE with O2 using your network inclusive minutes, and may have a small surcharge per minute using other networks, please check with your provider, you can dial this destination during the following times:

Weekdays

PEAK

08:00 - 17:59 Weekdays

OFF PEAK

18:00 - 07:59 Weekends

sat 00:00 - sun 23:59

Please dial the following access number Weekday Peak: 0870 041 3488, Weekday Off Peak & Weekend: 0844 545 6005 followed by the international dialling code and the international number you are calling.

This ones absolutely brilliant mate, thanks a lot. Im on O2 aswell and this was the only one i could get to work. THanks again

This ones absolutely brilliant mate, thanks a lot. Im on O2 aswell and this was the only one i could get to work. THanks again

From what I hear O2 change the policy around May or June this year so that 0870 and 0844 numbers were not in your all inclusive minutes.

Sorry to be the tiding of bad news but better to get it checked out with supplier before running up bill.

Every number but a number from ireland can anyone help me out with a cheap number for calling from ireland from an irish mobile to a thai mobile thanks ?????????????????????????????????

ARE YOU GOING TO BARK ALL DAY LITTLE DOGGY OR ARE YOU GOING TO BITE

Countdown Clocks

From Sweden to Thailand i found a good phonecard to use.

The name is STAR,and the cost are about 500 tbh and that gives a total talktime of 5 hours 50 minutes to mobil.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
UK to Thailand

From a landline dial 08444626464 then follow the simple instructions

Calls to Thailand are as follows:-

To Landlines 1p per minute

To Mobiles and some landlines in certain provinces 2p per minute.

Most of you will pay the 2p charge as most girls have mobile phones.

There are others at similar prices but this one is 99% reliable, i.e. almost always makes the connection while some of the other cheap services struggle to do this.

I have used this one a faw times and it's spot on.

Go loco pone card £5 300 mins Moby to Moby, you ring a London number on you free mins and away you go

Go loco pone card £5 300 mins Moby to Moby, you ring a London number on you free mins and away you go

Where did you pick up the card fella?

Get them from newsagent

• 4 months later...