IGNORED

Donate to Camillian Social Center Rayong...

Thanks for the extra info, if anyone else is in town, please feel free to arrange a trip to the camillian center.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the latest donations, especially Zubbi, who has been getting his friend to donate also!

160,000 baht (approx) so far!

Any donation is appreciated, even if its under 5 dollars! It all goes to a good cause.

Thanks to all those that have donated! Especially swisseric with a total of 2000 USD so far.

176,000 baht raised so far.

Every donation helps!

Wow mate..Getting there slowly but surely...So many generous BM's here. Awesome guys :Hug1:

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Dear M&M

We had not thought of charging for such things but believe me I can see why they do ask for it, see below.

I do hope to see you and many of your friends down here at the center as soon as you can make it. Especially concerning your willingness to volunteer here.

We have a hard job sorting out the wheat from the chafe. Especially over just a few emails. This is because in this day and age the idea of young people going overseas with very little in their pockets and wishing to volunteer here or there is becoming a way of having a cheap holiday. Out of the few we accept we get some that are very good and indeed settle in and really help, and then we get the others. This page explains the volunteering opportunities that we offer people who are mostly coming to visit Thailand from over seas. http://www.hiv-aids-kids.org/hiv-aids-you-can-help.html'>http://www.hiv-aids-kids.org/hiv-aids-you-can-help.html The really good one who have gained most from their experience with us, go home and really help by raising cash and sending it so we can do the job.

We could probable save something like a 1/3rd of our costs if we could rely on a volunteer work force. However no matter how dedicated a volunteer is, their time because of their life outside the center can not be easily managed to suite are necessities.

Being blunt volunteering in our PCU means a willingness to change adult diapers and help people who can’t get out of bed shower. At the Garden of Eden it means getting up late at 6:00am, and digging ditches. No volunteer works with the children. Why? Look around you. We maybe over protective, perhaps but these kids have had a hard enough time in there short lives without putting them at further risk.

If you read through the website at http://www.hiv-aids-kids.org/ hopefully you will realize that we have to have a permanent Thai staff to undertake all the work that has to be undertaken here. Most of whom are HIV positive.

If you and your friends really want to help where we need it most, raise money so that we can do the job that so badly needs to be done.

Only by sparing us a little time for a visit will this become abundantly clear so we really do hope to see you all soon.

Dear Mac269 - makes a lot of sence! Reason I asked is, beacuase I know some young English girls who wanted to do some volounteer work in Thailand - but the found out they had to pay quite a lot . It was actually at an institution in Pattaya helping girls who wanted to quit the sex industry.

Wish you all the best!

Dear Mac269 - makes a lot of sence! Reason I asked is, beacuase I know some young English girls who wanted to do some volounteer work in Thailand - but the found out they had to pay quite a lot . It was actually at an institution in Pattaya helping girls who wanted to quit the sex industry.

Wish you all the best!

Dear M&M

It is my guess that this place you are talking about would be the Fountain of Life.

The fact is that there are very many people who having a very small income or even just a few dollars savings would like to stay in Thailand. This being the case they see institutions like the Fountain of Life, Pattaya Orphanage or our center as a conduit through which they can achieve their aim. That is the aim to stay in Thailand.

This is not what we or they are about.

We hate to say NO to people who genuinely care and want to help, but as I said the real help can be given through fund razing.

We have 83 children under our care and they are the lucky ones. There are thousands more that need our help but we can only continue to help the ones we have with our current funding.

This is a great opportunity to be a part of the wider Pattaya society,true you cant hang your plaque on an empty plate,similar to asking for funds to put fuel in a school bus.The flood relief programme has drained the charity pocket,see the thai page's of this weeks Pattaya People newspaper,still their needs are greater than mine,so where is the soap/rice drop off point.

This is a great opportunity to be a part of the wider Pattaya society,true you cant hang your plaque on an empty plate,similar to asking for funds to put fuel in a school bus.The flood relief programme has drained the charity pocket,see the thai page's of this weeks Pattaya People newspaper,still their needs are greater than mine,so where is the soap/rice drop off point.

Dear Joe q

Thank you to you and all the others who are taking part in this wonderful appeal from the Pattaya Addicts.

The drop of point for Rice & Soap is the drunken duck, bar and guesthouse, there are a couple of girls there, but its mostly a drinking bar.

http://www.drunkenduckbar.com/

I am told that it is opposite the Devils Den.

:Bump:

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?

ALLEY

Dear Pattaya Addicts

Here is something that you may well be interested in http://onelittlewheel.com/

These two English Girls Liz & Catherine are of all things Cycling from London to see us here is Thailand.

At present they have been 6 days in India. There mission is to spread HIV/AIDs awareness and razes money for us here at the center.

You can send in your email address and get updates of the journey. Which you can read about so far on there website.

Dear Pattaya Addicts

These two English Girls Liz & Catherine are of all things Cycling from London to see us here is Thailand.

At present they have been 6 days in India. There mission is to spread HIV/AIDs awareness and razes money for us here at the center.

You can send in your email address and get updates of the journey. Which you can read about so far on there website.

great read, thanks. Good inspiration

Dear Pattaya Addicts

I don't mean to flame here, but I have seen this type of thing at University. Well (or not) intentioned young people see this as a CV building jolly & will take a huge percentage cut accordingly. I prefer to give to charity at the source.

Not to seem a cheap charlie, but how much is 1kg of rice? I plan to send an extra 2000B alongside the GF's usual & want it to have the greatest impact! I don't like to pay money directly to a charity bank account, but rather buy food / medicine, so that I know every penny goes to those who need it.

Would 2000B worth of rice be too much for the GF to transport in a 100B private taxi? Please advise.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

I don't mean to flame here, but I have seen this type of thing at University. Well (or not) intentioned young people see this as a CV building jolly & will take a huge percentage cut accordingly. I prefer to give to charity at the source.

Not to seem a cheap charlie, but how much is 1kg of rice? I plan to send an extra 2000B alongside the GF's usual & want it to have the greatest impact! I don't like to pay money directly to a charity bank account, but rather buy food / medicine, so that I know every penny goes to those who need it.

Would 2000B worth of rice be too much for the GF to transport in a 100B private taxi? Please advise.

Those girls quite clearly state that they are taking no money from it, towards the costs. Yes, you are right, people do things for charities to look good, feel better about themselves, make amends etc, we all have different reasons. I don't see anything wrong with it, providing the money ends up with the charity.

5kg of rice is 79 baht. So you can either donate 129 kilos of rice, or leave the money at the bar, and it will get converted to rice. Up to you. Or you can pay direct to their account.

thanks for your donation

Those girls quite clearly state that they are taking no money from it, towards the costs. Yes, you are right, people do things for charities to look good, feel better about themselves, make amends etc, we all have different reasons. I don't see anything wrong with it, providing the money ends up with the charity.

5kg of rice is 79 baht. So you can either donate 129 kilos of rice, or leave the money at the bar, and it will get converted to rice. Up to you. Or you can pay direct to their account.

thanks for your donation

OK, perhaps I didn't articulate myself as best I could. At least these girls are raising money & helping to improve / save children's lives; which is more than 99% of people do!

This is not the place to espouse my political views / opinions & I apologise unreservedly for any unintended offense.

Thanks Brian for the information. I will hold true to my promise, for the children.

sgu_banner.gif

OK, perhaps I didn't articulate myself as best I could. At least these girls are raising money & helping to improve / save children's lives; which is more than 99% of people do!

This is not the place to espouse my political views / opinions & I apologise unreservedly for any unintended offense.

Thanks Brian for the information. I will hold true to my promise, for the children.

Dear El Cata

If you go back a little in this thread you will see a reference to volunteering. Over the years that I have been here basically I agree with your opinion on many “Volunteers”.

As I put it I have largely had the job of sorting the Wheat from the Chafe and I can only hope that I have done this with some degree of accuracy.

We really do need some brave volunteers from the “Pattaya Addicts” just to come up here and visit us for a few hours, preferably on the weekend so that they can meet all the children and post their impressions on this thread. Simply because that way you will know what we are about here from your own people.

One of the things that you will learn is that over the 4 sites our expenses are 2,000,000THB per month and to look after all that expenditure we employee just two Thai ladies that look after all the administration.

That means our admin costs are less than 1% meaning that over 99% of what people give goes directly to our 8 projects.

ALLEY

Does anyone have any clothes they can donate or anything else, such as 5 kilos of rice, thats only 80 baht!

Does anyone have any clothes they can donate or anything else, such as 5 kilos of rice, thats only 80 baht!

What size clothing ? Kids or adult sizes ?

What size clothing ? Kids or adult sizes ?

Dear Kessaya

All clothing is good we have over 100 destitute sick adults male and female and 83 children some disabled most living with HIV/AIDS.

However only if the cloths are already in Thailand.

I say this because people in the past have tried to send us donations like this from over seas and the Thai Customs will place a duty on it for more than it is worth.

Dear Kessaya

All clothing is good we have over 100 destitute sick adults male and female and 83 children some disabled most living with HIV/AIDS.

However only if the cloths are already in Thailand.

I say this because people in the past have tried to send us donations like this from over seas and the Thai Customs will place a duty on it for more than it is worth.

Ok,thanks for that,I usually give my stuff to the ladies that do the cleaning around our estate,I'll have a word with the Mrs and ask her to ask around at the school she works at too and maybe get a collection going there.

anyone got any parties or events where they would like to collect donations?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived