IGNORED

What music would you like to hear?

davethailand

As many know I am the owner of The Blues Factory and I was wondering whether I could call on Boardmembers to give me feedback.

Obviously our main style and image for the bar is blues with a bit of rock also but I feel that we should still diverse a little bit from time to time, we already play some RnB and a little bit of pop (although we wouldn't really cover Hip Hop and the like) but what would the expats and visitors to Pattaya like to hear (if of course you come into the bar).

Taking requests is a good way to do this but of course the bands can't always guarantee that they'd know the song.

Any suggestions Guys/ Gals?

thanks in advance.

DT

:GoldenSmile1:

As many know I am the owner of The Blues Factory and I was wondering whether I could call on Boardmembers to give me feedback.

Obviously our main style and image for the bar is blues with a bit of rock also but I feel that we should still diverse a little bit from time to time, we already play some RnB and a little bit of pop (although we wouldn't really cover Hip Hop and the like) but what would the expats and visitors to Pattaya like to hear (if of course you come into the bar).

Taking requests is a good way to do this but of course the bands can't always guarantee that they'd know the song.

thanks in advance.

DT

the doors..

the doors..

Thanks for that, the rock band and Lam already do La Woman, Roadhouse Blues, Light my Fire but a few more would be good.

Thanks for that, the rock band and Lam already do La Woman, Roadhouse Blues, Light my Fire but a few more would be good.

dave i love coming to the blues factory when ia,m over there although i,ve not had a chat with you for a while now,love swing music ,but swing singers are a rare commodity these days ,how about a little bit of blues piano dr john, fats,domino,new orleans style.by the way ia,m trying to get one of my mates to come over in feb who plays sax ,and a mean blues harp,is jam night still on mon night.

dave i love coming to the blues factory when ia,m over there although i,ve not had a chat with you for a while now,love swing music ,but swing singers are a rare commodity these days ,how about a little bit of blues piano dr john, fats,domino,new orleans style.by the way ia,m trying to get one of my mates to come over in feb who plays sax ,and a mean blues harp,is jam night still on mon night.

Jam night is going next week mate but in the better mon ths when there are more people here then it could make a comeback although I have said to the bands that we should let people jam everynight.

The band does a few New Orleans numbers and hopefully when your next here we'll have a few more.

Check out www.mitchwoods.com the band backed him last year so they have around 8 or 9 of his songs down.

cheers

Blues is king.

BTW: Been stuck in the sandbox for most of the last year. Will be home in a few weeks to put some miles on the Fat Boy. Will drop in to see you.

Edited by bangsaenguy

I thinl a bit of glam rock wouldn't go a miss some slade, t rex, sweet

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

Hey Dave,

the music was always good any time I was there.

FWIW I say stick to the blues, I love it.

Is Mary still there?

Yes mate she's still here.

Blues is king.

BTW: Been stuck in the sandbox for most of the last year. Will be home in a few weeks to put some miles on the Fat Boy. Will drop in to see you.

Great stuff, how's the bike?

Yes mate she's still here.

Great stuff, how's the bike?

Haven't been home enough to know. Done a few things to it but not much. Changed the carb. See ya soon.

I would like to hear some Dubstep in Pattaya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZnpikoHNWw

Mt Eden Dubstep - Prodigy : Omen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZnpikoHNWw

Love to hear Snowman playing the guitar but can we have a bit less commercial/pop and a bit more serious blues.

what is it about watching men playing guitars, you were practically tossing off the last time some old dude was playing a guitar on the big screen in that soi 8 gogo, am i missing something LOL :P Check out the dubstep video above, you wont look back LOL

thanks in advance.

DT

I think you should diversify if you want bums on seats, because although it is what floats your boat Blues is not everybody's cup of tea in fact I'd say it only appeals to a certain minority of the public as does Jazz. You are aware that there is a lot of competition with so many bars in Walking Street now. You might benefit from trying music from various decades over the last 50 years and spend out to publicise it.

They say people never forget the music they heard and grew up with in their adolescence. In my case that was Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Roy Orbison, Freddie Cannon, the Everly Brothers and the Four Tops and other Motown artists. Most of the Falangs in Pattaya are still older fellows and the ones of my age also like the same music that I do but unforunately Thai DJs and the girls who dance do not. Although there are more youngsters coming to Pattaya nowadays they get their kicks listening to what they call music in places such as the Mixx, Insomnia and Marine discos and I can't see you playing Hip Hop, Rap and House Music or whatever the latest fad is.

As long as it's not the same music that every other bar plays. You get so sick of hearing the same songs over and over and over again. Almost every bar plays the same music!!

A girl I BF'd the other day started playing songs from her mobile phone in the hotel room. It was the same music you hear in almost every club!! Arrggghh!!!

If I hear that World Cup song one more time I'm going to throw a beer bottle at the DJ! :rolleyes:

I like bands with who's names start with 'The'

The Rakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxGx5gybf8k

The Killers

The Rifles

The Kooks

The Doves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39xr2ap3gE&ob=av2n

Would love to find a good venue in Patts that plays this style of music

I like bands with who's names start with 'The'

The Rakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxGx5gybf8k

The Killers

The Rifles

The Kooks

The Doves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39xr2ap3gE&ob=av2n

Would love to find a good venue in Patts that plays this style of music

Heres some more

the sex pistols

the jam

the beatles

the byrds

the jimi hendrix experiance

the doors

the rolling stones

the stone roses

Hearing the band cover any of these artists would be great,,i think i heard jimi in there before,red house .

:001_Thank_You5: Can i come and give you a blow job.See my post first time i did it with a band. But guys and girls like to have a go been in to your place and the music was very good and nice smiley service

cheers bud chris :GoldenSmile1:

Wriggley Tin 1

I like soul. I find most age groups like soul? Where is the blues bar. I will be in Pattaya in November.

Dave

Heres some more

the sex pistols

the jam

the beatles

the byrds

the jimi hendrix experiance

the doors

the rolling stones

the stone roses

Hearing the band cover any of these artists would be great,,i think i heard jimi in there before,red house .

I do like some of the older stuff like that, heard some good hendrix covers in 'Saxaphone' club in BKK (near victory monumnet BTS).

As a 30 something I would really like to hear some up to date inde-rock tunes, such as those mentioned, also The Editors, The Kaiser Chiefs, The Script, Razorlight etc. Would love to hear some covers from the 90's also like Oasis, James, Blur songs.

cheers