IGNORED

Need help with multiple-entry Non-Immigrant visa

ordana

Hi guys,

basically I'm looking to apply to Hull for a multiple-entry Non-Immigrant 12 month visa. I'm looking to travel around the country and spend extended time celebrating reaching the grand old age of 30!! (Reach this beauty in April!!).

As you've probably gathered I'm 29 and looking mainly to spend my time soaking up the Thai culture I've come to love on my last 2 trips (both for 3 weeks a piece).

What are the best reasons to put on my visa application and what evidence do I need to show?

I have about 250k baht in the bank and getting some dosh off my folks for my birthday (will already be in Thailand then).

Any suggestions or help would be most appreciated :)

Thanks

Hi guys,

basically I'm looking to apply to Hull for a multiple-entry Non-Immigrant 12 month visa. I'm looking to travel around the country and spend extended time celebrating reaching the grand old age of 30!! (Reach this beauty in April!!).

As you've probably gathered I'm 29 and looking mainly to spend my time soaking up the Thai culture I've come to love on my last 2 trips (both for 3 weeks a piece).

What are the best reasons to put on my visa application and what evidence do I need to show?

I have about 250k baht in the bank and getting some dosh off my folks for my birthday (will already be in Thailand then).

Any suggestions or help would be most appreciated :)

Thanks

To obtain Non-Immigrant B you need a letter from the lawyers inviting you for business in Thailand

to obtain Non-Immigrant O you need a letter from a Thai person inviting you to stay in Thailand

Not sure about others Non -Immigrant visa's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

Why don't you take a language class and get a student visa? It seems easier than obtaining letters from lawyer or obligated family.

Just state you are visiting Friends or Family.

Fill in the standard letter supplied in the Non Immigrant O pack. All you need to do is fill in a Thai address you will be staying at (use any friends address). They don't ask for any other "evidence"

Fill in the standard letter supplied in the Non Immigrant O pack. All you need to do is fill in a Thai address you will be staying at (use any friends address). They don't ask for any other "evidence"

They require a letter from a Thai person written in Thai inviting person to come to Thailand.

They require a letter from a Thai person written in Thai inviting person to come to Thailand.

Sorry, but they definitely do NOT. Two of my friends have done as I have stated for the last 5 years.

Why wouldn't a 2 month tourist visa suffice? It's free right now and you can extend 30 more days for 1900 baht. lol I'm 29 too and I'm thinking about saving up 300k baht and stay in pattaya for 3 month too while working on my website. Maybe I'll see you over there in December

Sorry, but they definitely do NOT. Two of my friends have done as I have stated for the last 5 years.

Ok just to check what country have you been applying?

In Australia they want the letter

For a One Year Multi-Entry (stretchable to 15 months) this is the CORRECT answer.

You don't need any of the other stuff i.e. no proof required just say touring/visiting whatever as long as it doesn't sound like working.

He's applying in Hull = England.

For a One Year Multi-Entry (stretchable to 15 months) this is the CORRECT answer.

You don't need any of the other stuff i.e. no proof required just say touring/visiting whatever as long as it doesn't sound like working.

He's applying in Hull = England.

Not the OP, this was for Ingo67

OK, but Ingo67's reply was to the OP, who's applying in UK as he stated.

I'm just staying on Topic - I think. :GoldenSmile1:

Every consulate in every city has its own rules.

EG Consulate in Sydney does not issue 1 year non-b visa's, while consulate in melbourne has no problem with issuing them.

Edit - Maybe I'd have been better quoting his first answer rather than his reply to your diversion. Sorry.

Every consulate in every city has its own rules.

EG Consulate in Sydney does not issue 1 year non-b visa's, while consulate in melbourne has no problem with issuing them.

I'm not disagreeing with you but the OP stated Hull = UK, so that's the Q I'm addressing - please see edit to previous.

The consulate in Perth will issue non-immigrant type-o visas to any idiot with no need for a letter.... :GoldenSmile1:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The consulate in Perth will issue non-immigrant type-o visas to any idiot with no need for a letter.... :GoldenSmile1:

I guess you'd know lol.

I think not only was kuffki taking us from Hull to Sydney but also from the non-O the OP was almost certainly talking about to a non-B, which I know nothing about..

I spoke to the Hull consulate on Monday regarding the non immigrant 'O' visa.They told me I DID need a written invitation and address in Thai included in any application I made.

Never had to do that before but maybe now they're tightening things up at certain consulates ?

I guess you'd know lol.

I think not only was kuffki taking us from Hull to Sydney but also from the non-O the OP was almost certainly talking about to a non-B, which I know nothing about..

You may want to re-read OP post again. OP asked for advise on Non-Immigrant 12 months visa

Non B is a non-immigrant 12 months visa.

OP stated he is in Hull, Ingo67 did not specify which consulate he uses.

For the 3rd time, each consulate has its own rules, and another member already confirmed that Hull wants a letter from a Thai person.

Scumbag stated Perth gives it out to anyone, in same country Sydney does not nor does Brisbane. Just like Sydney does not give out 1 year non b, while other city's in the same country do.

Perhaps giving proper and informative advice is little better then trying to be funny and trolly.

You may want to re-read OP post again. OP asked for advise on Non-Immigrant 12 months visa

Perhaps giving proper and informative advice is little better then trying to be funny and trolly.

Yep, I read the OP again and it still says the same - definitely Hull so that's where we should be talking about and as Ingo67 didn't say otherwise...........

Anyway, from what Scumbag says it's no different in Oz either - for the non-O Visa.

Ingo67 and I knew what he was talking about and it's the other stuff that's off topic - except Kessaya seems to have some new information but I'd guess that's a misunderstanding on visa type too. :GoldenSmile1:

Yep, I read the OP again and it still says the same - definitely Hull so that's where we should be talking about and as Ingo67 didn't say otherwise...........

Anyway, from what Scumbag says it's no different in Oz either - for the non-O Visa.

Ingo67 and I knew what he was talking about and it's the other stuff that's off topic - except Kessaya seems to have some new information but I'd guess that's a misunderstanding on visa type too. :GoldenSmile1:

Right, Kessaya just told you that he called and spoke with them just the other day and did speak about O, but he is wrong.

I have told you that in OZ every consulate is different-apparently thats being off topic.

and now you have become a spokesperson for another member.

OP is 29 years old so the Non O (retired does not apply to him)

He will be applying for NON O (others) which is extended stay in the country to be with family or close friend, ie GF or BF)

An alien must apply for a non-immigrant visa "code O" at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before entering the Kingdom. Duration of first permit: As warranted by this visa, permission is given for a period of 90 days. Duration of extension: The Immigration Office will grant him a maximum extension of one year at a time.

Requirements for an Non-Immigrant "O" Visa overseas:

(1) Foreigners who wish to stay with family in Thailand must provide the following documents:

· If you are a former Thai citizen, proof of Thai citizen such as Thai passport, Thai identification card, Thai house register or Thai birth certificate

· If you want to visit as a spouse or family member (son or daughter), proof of relationship such as a copy of marriage license or birth certificate with a proof that your spouse or family member is a Thai citizen

(2) Foreigners who wish to perform duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to receive medical treatment in Thailand must provide the following documents:

· Letter of invitation or acceptance from the concerned companies/ organizations or institutes with business registration or business license

(3) Foreigners who wish to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process in Thailand must provide the following documents: Letter of invitation or acceptance from the Thai Government or concern organizations Visa.

Some consulates give out visa with no problem but rules and their positions change. Kessaya already confirmed that.

OP should be provided with proper and upto date information so he can make an informative decision.

Your denial of facts and twisting the words really does not help OP in anyway what so ever and as a moderator you should be aware of the fact and act accordingly.

Unless you have just gotten a NON-O from Hull in the past month, you are in no position to make final statements on what is correct and what is wrong.

Anyway OP, Your best bet would be to contact the consulate and ask them what you need to obtain Non-Immigrant O (Other).

if they do infact now want a letter from a Thai person, you can always contact some law firm in Thailand who will be happy to provide you with a letter of invitation for approx 10 000 baht, which will give you Non B 1 year.

Sorry OP, almost forgot. This letter from a Thai person does not need to be anything special. Any BG can write the letter and state she has known you for long time and want you to come stay with her.

They do not do any checks, as long as she puts full name, address and phone number-is all they want to see usually.

If you really want more info on the letter, you can email member Noodles, he just got his not so long ago and has been getting it for years.

OP is 29 years old so the Non O (retired does not apply to him)

He will be applying for NON O (others) which is extended stay in the country to be with family or close friend, ie GF or BF)

I didn't see anyone mention Retired and obviously I know he's 29 as you asked me to read it twice.

He is in Hull, so he cannot apply for an Extension of Stay there, only here in Thailand.

An alien must apply for a non-immigrant visa "code O" at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before entering the Kingdom.

Correct. We knew that.

Duration of first permit.............................

No idea why you needed to cut and paste all that as none it applies to the OP's Q. He never mentioned working, marrying or supporting dependants and relatives, elephant training or even extending his stay.

The One Year Multi-entry is a simple Visa enjoyed by many of us at a cost of about £110.

You have to exit(at present) every 90 days (though there's some talk of stopping that) and by timing the last border run right you can get 15 months out of one.

It's simple and that's all he's asking about. There is a token Q on there about reason for visit but up to last week no-one going to Hull was being asked for any proof.

There's really no need to complicate it.

Would this work?

I didn't see anyone mention Retired and obviously I know he's 29 as you asked me to read it twice.

He is in Hull, so he cannot apply for an Extension of Stay there, only here in Thailand.

Correct. We knew that.

No idea why you needed to cut and paste all that as none it applies to the OP's Q. He never mentioned working, marrying or supporting dependants and relatives, elephant training or even extending his stay.

The One Year Multi-entry is a simple Visa enjoyed by many of us at a cost of about £110.

You have to exit(at present) every 90 days (though there's some talk of stopping that) and by timing the last border run right you can get 15 months out of one.

It's simple and that's all he's asking about. There is a token Q on there about reason for visit but up to last week no-one going to Hull was being asked for any proof.

There's really no need to complicate it.

Would this work?

So i guess members post who just spoke with them 2 days ago also does not matter. OP should take your word for it, get denied and then you can rest in piece. It would kill you to be proven wrong, would not it?

Touch wood someone else knows little more, and God forbid another member offers OP valuable advise, bringing up things like NON B.

Can you please point to where you saw in the law i posted letter "Q", unless of course Thai Immigration also got it wrong and only you got it right.

I spoke to the Hull consulate on Monday regarding the non immigrant 'O' visa.They told me I DID need a written invitation and address in Thai included in any application I made.

Never had to do that before but maybe now they're tightening things up at certain consulates ?

Unlike you, i am trying to give OP full information so he can act accordingly, your aim as always seems to be only to prove you right.

No problem, YOU ARE RIGHT! Me, Kessaya, Thai Immigration we all wrong.

OP. You can see all the information and make a choice for yourself.

Can you please point to where you saw in the law i posted letter "Q",

Where Q = Question and A = Answer. It wasn't in quotation marks so I wasn't saying you said it. You didn't, I did.

Unlike you, i am trying to give OP full information so he can act accordingly, your aim as always seems to be only to prove you right.

No problem, YOU ARE RIGHT! Me, Kessaya, Thai Immigration we all wrong.

OP. You can see all the information and make a choice for yourself.

Kessaya is well able to take care of himself. A friend of mine got a One Year Multi-entry at Hull last week and simply told them he was going to visit GF - no proof given.

It isn't a matter of who's wrong and who's right. When I find out i'm wrong you wouldn't believe how quickly I'll shut up. You apparently can't. The information you're giving is correct - obviously so as you're cut and pasting it, but it is irrelevant to the OP's Q and more likely to confuse him than help him.

He says he's just coming on an extended holiday travelling around Thailand etc. He's not planning to marry, reproduce or retire. Why would he need all that stuff you posted?

Some of your recent topics are starting to make sense now.

Have you found those bones buried in your window box yet? :GoldenSmile1:

Where Q = Question and A = Answer. It wasn't in quotation marks so I wasn't saying you said it. You didn't, I did.

Kessaya is well able to take care of himself. A friend of mine got a One Year Multi-entry at Hull last week and simply told them he was going to visit GF - no proof given.

It isn't a matter of who's wrong and who's right. When I find out i'm wrong you wouldn't believe how quickly I'll shut up. You apparently can't. The information you're giving is correct - obviously so as you're cut and pasting it, but it is irrelevant to the OP's Q and more likely to confuse him than help him.

He says he's just coming on an extended holiday travelling around Thailand etc. He's not planning to marry, reproduce or retire. Why would he need all that stuff you posted?

Some of your recent topics are starting to make sense now.

Have you found those bones buried in your window box yet? :GoldenSmile1:

YOU ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING

I AM ABSOLUTELY WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

KEEP WELL!