Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

F.ck & F.cking

Lambik

As they are many English people in Pattaya, it's normal to find them in any kind of bars , eat and drink-places.

What I lately remark, as a non native English speaker, is the increase of the use of the words f.ck and f.cking in every conversation, some even use it every three words.

Is this typical for Pattaya, or is this impolite way of speaking now very common in England as well?

Edited by TinTin

some of the bargirls say fuck every other word or so.

delete my account please

Maybe this will help. :)

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Seem to hear it from younger people everywhere now as part of almost every sentence. Personally think it is woeful.

You're hanging out with the wrong crowd or wrong bars. It does bother me to be around those people and I find it easy enough to avoid them.

[^

Wrong, as mention, "in any kind of bars , eat and drink-places.".

Please let me know the places you patronize in Pattaya.

Edited by TinTin

In England, up until 2 decades ago, using the word Fuck in common sentences was frowned upon and taken as sign of a poor upbringing/education. During the same period the Irish couldn't understand that at all, as it was a common word and not just used as an expletive, that is still the case today :D .

So what changed that England has now caught up with Ireland regards its everyday use? Well you might have guessed :P its the bloody Yanks again :rolleyes: The advent of the use of what was once known/recognised as swear word in the popular music of the day.

How difficult is it to correct the guy sat in the next seat, when he uses the work fuck in front of your mum, when the music being piped out is;

1. Bodies-The Sex Pistols

2. Closer-Nine Inch Nails

3. Too Drunk To Fuck-The Dead Kennedys

4. Slack Motherfucker-Superchunk

5. Killing In The Name Of-Rage Against The Machine

6. Fuck Off-Wayne County & The Electric Chairs

7. In My Eyes-Minor Threat

7. How Fucking Romantic-The Magnetic Fields

8. Fuck and Run-Liz Phair

9. Evidently Chickentown-John Cooper Clarke

10. Cheat-The Clash

11. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know

12. Ben Folds - You Don't Know Me (feat. Regina Spektor)

13. Eminem - Lose Yourself

14. Eminem - Without Me

15. Jefferson Starship - Stairway To Cleveland

16. Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Crush

17. Pretenders - Precious

18. The Who - Who Are You

Well that's how I fucking see it :D

It is the most versatile word in the english language. It can be pleasure, pain, hate, love, etc... It's a verb, noun, adjective, adverb, whatever. Very few words have this versatility. It's also one of the first swear words people learn and... and... out of all the F words if tell someone to F off everyone knows what word you are talking about. The most famous F word in the language.

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

Is this typical for Pattaya, or is this impolite way of speaking now very common in England as well?

Who says it's impolite and anyway this is Pattaya of all places FFS!

Edited for misspelling.

Edited by JackHughes

I have my standards and I'm not raising them for anybody!

hey phuck. english people dont phucking swear. :Censored:

Edited by Craig_ozz

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

".....In the modern English-speaking world, the word fuck is often considered highly offensive. Most English-speaking countries censor it on television and radio. A study of the attitudes of the British public found that fuck was considered the third most severe profanity and its derivative motherfucker second. Cunt was considered the most severe.....

The word's use is considered obscene in social contexts......

Despite its offensive nature, the word is common in popular usage......

Non-English-speaking cultures tend to recognize the word's vulgarity....."

-Wikipedia-

I think as part of bloke culture it is ok when just the guys are around.

Most BGs I've spoken to honestly don't like it so better to not use it around women and show a bit of class.

A guy like me needs all the help he can get.

"Remember, you've never lost the girl, only your turn"

It's a guy thing. Guys use it as an adjective multiplier when in a predominately male company such as a pub tap room or sports bar. No harm is meant and it adds to the atmosphere. For most it ends there, they would not (or should not) use such words in front of their mothers or in family oriented places such as restaurants or public places.

To say Bar Girls don't like it is irrelevant to me. English is not their first language, it's only because someone TOLD them that it's a bad word, that they THINK they don't like it. Same goes for Deutschlanders as well.

I might also be tempted to say that the OP is the one being impolite as to eavesdrop on other peoples conversations might be construed as bad manners. Basically just mind your own business and you should not have any problems.

I have my standards and I'm not raising them for anybody!

Of course, once it becomes as commonplace as it has, it loses its "impact" and "shock value". Now it's just another adjective (or verb or noun depending on use) and perhaps the sign of a limited, or impaired, vocabulary. But hey, it's Pattaya -- many are spending their every conscious moment eating poorly, drinking to excess, smoking, ingesting questionable pharmaceuticals and swapping body fluids with whatever will spread for them. A few stray obscenities aren't all that out of place I suppose.

You're hanging out with the wrong crowd or wrong bars. It does bother me to be around those people and I find it easy enough to avoid them.

So presumably you just fcuk off then?

In England, up until 2 decades ago, using the word Fuck in common sentences was frowned upon and taken as sign of a poor upbringing/education. .........................

Brought up in the same era, I cringed over the music my teenage daughters were playing.

It was the American movies too.

I've long since caved in and accept the word for what it's become, though I still choose to misspell it.

Now if I mean shag I say shag, because that's a proper word.

Cerberus, about your music collection............... :WTF1: ?

In England, up until 2 decades ago, using the word Fuck in common sentences was frowned upon and taken as sign of a poor upbringing/education. During the same period the Irish couldn't understand that at all, as it was a common word and not just used as an expletive, that is still the case today :D .

So what changed that England has now caught up with Ireland regards its everyday use? Well you might have guessed :P its the bloody Yanks again :rolleyes: The advent of the use of what was once known/recognised as swear word in the popular music of the day.

How difficult is it to correct the guy sat in the next seat, when he uses the work fuck in front of your mum, when the music being piped out is;

10. Cheat-The Clash

14. Eminem - Without Me

your choice of music is legendary mr post punk . i love it

It seems to be very commonly used when you are relaxing with a group of English guys...just seems to almost be a natural addition to language. I'm guilty of it myself but it very much depends on whose company I keep, obviously I don't eff and blind around my elderly parents as they would not like it and tell me so. However when I'm relaxing and had a few beers with some guys in Patts I will let a few words slip as part of the banter.

I think it's just the way the language appears to be moving. "Fuck" can be used in all sorts of situations.

1.Anger

2.Surprise

3.Self expression

Perhaps more...

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

Maybe this will help. :)

:001_Sawasdee: I'm very amuse of this short sequence,very nice to close you to the f-word :001_Thank_You5:

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

10. Cheat-The Clash

14. Eminem - Without Me

The Irish have moved on, we dont say Fuck anymore, its Feck nowadays

Great reply by the way, see you in October :)

The Irish have moved on, we dont say Fuck anymore, its Feck nowadays

Great reply by the way, see you in October :)

its always been feck in Ireland-as long as I can remember-and I'm an old fecker!

By the way-nice funny video-but surely the word FUCK comes from the german word FICKEN=to have sexual intercourse ie fuck.....NOT the german word "fricken-to strike???" VIELLICHT ein deutchen man kann erklaren ?

its always been feck in Ireland-as long as I can remember-and I'm an old fecker!

By the way-nice funny video-but surely the word FUCK comes from the german word FICKEN=to have sexual intercourse ie fuck.....NOT the german word "fricken-to strike???" VIELLICHT ein deutchen man kann erklaren ?

Sure the English are half German, maybe thats why

Only one half of the royal family, :GoldenSmile1: the other half is Greek :P

Forgot about the old bubbles

Congratulations on your marriage by the way, seen the photos's in another thread, looks like you had a beautiful day

Forgot about the old bubbles

Congratulations on your marriage by the way, seen the photos's in another thread, looks like you had a beautiful day

dont wanna be a know it all but.....Phil the Greek actually descends from the former German royal family ,and when the Bubbles wanted a "royal family" they turned to the former German mob-strange but true-check it out...

the greeks had to keep up with the Jones's so to speak-or Saxe-Coburg -Gothas to be more precise.