IGNORED

Can i enter in restaraunt or cinema with my own drinks?

ussr

In many restaurants and even in cinema you can see the sign "Drinks from outside are not allowed".

Is that legally? I mean it is my private property how can they cancel me in service?

And second: do they actually can check what is inside your bag when you tried to enter incide cinema?

Edited by ussr

I've never been stopped taking a StarBucks into a restaurant in Pat's. But I do generally order a drink also while I am at the restaurant usually.

For taking it into WS.. yes they deny entry until you pitch your drink or drink it up at the go go's I've been to.

Soi 6 / 7 / 8 and others never batted an eyelash if I sat down with a drink in my hand... be it coffee / cola / water...

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

Hi

Well i belive that if u enter any propery. the owner set the rules,u want to

go inside my house, my rules.If u dont like the rules, dont go.

barje47 , no it is just you point of view. Actually in public service it works in another way. You can not cancel me in service just because you want it and cant set rules that against the law. Read the Civil Codex. I understand that if you enter go go bar you must buy a drink because actully it is the enter fee.

When i walking i often have some kind of drink with me because it is hot but if i want to enter in restaraunt or cinema i must throw it out and buy the new one?

I even more intersted why i cant enter in cinema with my drink. Main function of cinema is to show movie not selling food.

Edited by ussr

Interesting question.

I doubt they have the rights to search your bags.

But perhaps they can refuse you entry if you refuse to show them the contents of your bags.

The same I think they can refuse you service if you dont' comply with their rules. As long as teh rules are reasonible.

I'm not sure the law really helps much in many bars and gogos. If push came to shove they'd do what they felt was right.

I've never had a problem with bottles of water.

I just order a beer and leave the bottle on its side.

For me i'd say the key thing is that you order a drink.

>But perhaps they can refuse you entry if you refuse to show them the contents of your bags.

I think not. You have a right to not show contains of your bag and they have no rights to check it. Only police can do check you belongings. And you bought a ticket means they make agreement with you, by the law they can cancel that agreement only in certain cases and not showing bag to them not that case. Therefore i think they have 2 choises: call a police which check you bag or let you go inside.

>I'm not sure the law really helps much in many bars and gogos

Agree.

Edited by ussr

I'm not sure of the laws in Thailand (and they probably don't matter that much anyway), but generally speaking most businesses are allowed to refuse service/entry to pretty much anyone they want. So they can set rules/regulations on conduct that they allow or don't allow in their place of business. I would say they are probably within their rights to refusing the bringing in of outside food and/or drink - especially if they post a sign saying they do not allow outside food/drink (but I don't think legally the sign is necessary).

If you have already bought a ticket then they find the food/drink then they probably would have to refund your money, but I'd think they would be allowed to refuse service.

As far as searching bags I've seen this done a number of cinimas - they excuse they tend to use is that they are looking for recoding equipment. I think you can refuse to allow them to search your bag, but in turn they would be allowed to refuse you service/enterance. The people that do the searching are cinima employees and not police.

About the only kind of establishment that is not allowed to refuse entry/service to pretty much anyone they choose are government run entities. Also in the west (not in Thailand) there are rules/regulations that prevent business from refusing service/entry based upon things like sex (m/f), skin color, nationality, etc. But they are still generally given a tremendouse amount of leaway in being allowed to refuse service/entry for pretty much anything else they want.

How dare those bastards who pay for facilities, air conditioning, staff, and inventory insist that you purchase your refreshments from them! I'm outraged!

In fact, next time I go out to eat I will bring my own steak and see if they'll toss it on The Grill for me. Nobody says I can't, and damn them for violating my rights by trying to stay in business and make a profit.

How dare those bastards who pay for facilities, air conditioning, staff, and inventory insist that you purchase your refreshments from them! I'm outraged!

In fact, next time I go out to eat I will bring my own steak and see if they'll toss it on the grill for me. Nobody says I can't, and damn them for violating my rights by trying to stay in business and make a profit.

:Good_Post:

In fact, next time I go out to eat I will bring my own steak and see if they'll toss it on the grill for me. .......

Good idea. And the next time I go in a bar, I'll send the girls away and play with myself. :GoldenSmile1:

If you are entering someone elses property then its their rules.. If they wish to check your bag for the sake of security, I dont hink you can refuse then demand to enter. Im sure you can refuse but then be told to leave and have to accept it. With taking drinks into a cinema I mean come on, surely they dont cost that much more to purchase them there does it?

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Private Property falls under the laws of "Trespass". Under most trespass laws they can revoke your right to enter. If they have a rule (no outside food/drink) and you violate their rule then you are now trespassing and they can make u leave.

Properties can make just about any rule they want. If you object then they can ask u to leave. If you don't then you are now guilty of Trespass.

The "Civil Codex" is worthless in Thailand as its not their law.

Hi

Well i belive that if u enter any propery. the owner set the rules,u want to

go inside my house, my rules.If u dont like the rules, dont go.

I agree, mate

barje47 U have a nice avatar too

to ussr :accept rules

I always bring my own steak and my beers when I go to restaurant and the owner compensate me cos he has less work :GoldenSmile1:

Guys you are like birds: cheep-cheep. Do not know anything but have opinion.

If you are entering someone elses property then its their rules.. If they wish to check your bag for the sake of security, I dont hink you can refuse then demand to enter

Private Property falls under the laws of "Trespass". Under most trespass laws they can revoke your right to enter. If they have a rule (no outside food/drink) and you violate their rule then you are now trespassing and they can make u leave.

What a bullshit. Their business works under rules of law and this is not private property. There are things that they can do and that can not. It is not you house. They opened service for people, they got licence, and they working under set of rules. Shop owner cant cancel you in service just because he is not liked you. By the law if they can give you a service than they must give you a service or their business will be shutdown. Their rights to set rules are very limited.

And yes you can bring you steak to restaurant but not sure if you can eat it there. I see many customers that have own drinks in restaurants but they must pay open fee to drink it.

About cinema drink sometimes it costs more than a ticket.

Edited by ussr

They might not have the right to search your bag but they do have a right to deny you entry

Let service businesses make money because if they dont, you dont have any services to bitch about

You dont open a service orientated business for fun

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

>They might not have the right to search your bag but they do have a right to deny you entry

not after i bought a ticket. if they really-really wanting to check my bag they must called police if they no want to call a police then i go inside because i have a ticket.

>Let service businesses make money because if they dont, you dont have any services to bitch about

they trying to make money i trying to save it is a WAR :D Actually i dont care about somebodies business. And if only option to make it working is rip you off okey i let it go down. If i go cinema to look movie i want to look movie and i no want to buy 50 baht coke or something. I have my own coke.

It is like by our coke or be thirsty.

I create this topic because i want to talk about rights not about how to save 50 baht.

Edited by ussr

Guys you are like birds: cheep-cheep. Do not know anything but have opinion.

What a bullshit. Their business works under rules of law and this is not private property. There are things that they can do and that can not. It is not you house. They opened service for people, they got licence, and they working under set of rules. Shop owner cant cancel you in service just because he is not liked you. By the law if they can give you a service than they must give you a service or their business will be shutdown. Their rights to set rules are very limited.

And yes you can bring you steak to restaurant but not sure if you can eat it there. I see many customers that have own drinks in restaurants but they must pay open fee to drink it.

As a business owner who deals with thousands of customers each weekend who has been personally sued several times for the same subject I can tell you that you are flat out misinformed.. So far Ive never lost a case either.

You can set just about any rule you want as long as you dont discriminate concerning race, religion, color, creed, etc. Any business can refuse to service you. Hell, they don't even need a excuse. The law is that once a business revokes your privilege to remain on the premise that your now in violation of Trespass. Bars are "Private Property" and as such are certainly covered under Trespass rules of law. Violate their rules and you will have to leave. Period. By violating with their rules you are interfering with their business and therefore Trespassing.

Bars, restuarants and theatres are NOT public property but indeed Private property.

Their rights to set rules are very limited.

On the contrary, restaurants and cinemas in Thailand have almost an unlimited right to deny service to anyone they chose for whatever reason they choose. In some countries, you cannot deny customers service SOLELY on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, etc. But if the rules apply equally to everyone - no customers are allowed to bring in drinks - then businesses can indeed impose such rules, in Thailand or elsewhere.

Some fine dining establishments require male customers to wear jackets and ties. They can't force you to put on a jacket and tie, but they can deny you entry if you refuse to comply with their dress code. Same same with carrying in drinks, whether or not you intend to consume them on the premises. They have a right to deny you entrance if you refuse to give up your drink.

Only a law enforcement officer can search your bags against your will, but a restaurant or cinema can demand that you consent to a search to be admitted. If you don't want to be searched, just turn around and walk away. But the business is within its rights to deny you entry if you refuse to be searched.

Evil

PS - I'm wondering about one thing - Are you from the former Soviet Union or Hungary? Or perhaps the Shire in Middle Earth?

Edited by Evil Penevil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

SlickMonkey i dont know how its worked in thai this is the main reason i created this topic. In Russia that works in way like i discribed. Have you link to some proofs?

Edited by ussr

Article 426. The Public Contract

1. The public contract shall be recognized as a contract, concluded by a commercial organization and establishing its duties by the sale of commodities, by the performance of works and by rendering services, which such an organization shall effect in conformity with the nature of its activity with respect to anybody, who turns to it (in the sphere of the retail trade, the passenger traffic in the public transport vehicles, the communications services, the supply of electric energy, the medical services, the hotel accommodation, etc.). The commercial organization shall have no right to show preference to some persons as compared with the others as concerns the conclusion of a public contract, with the exception of the cases, stipulated by the law and by the other legal acts.

2. The price of commodities, works and services, as well as the other terms of the public contract shall be equal for all the consumers, with the exception of the cases, when the law and the other legal acts admit the granting of privileges for the individual consumer categories.

3. Refusal on the part of the commercial organization to conclude a public contract, if it can provide to the consumer the corresponding commodities and services and to perform for him the corresponding works, shall not be admitted. If the commercial organization ungroundlessly avoids the conclusion of a public contract, the provisions, stipulated by Item 4 of Article 445 of the present Code, shall be applied.

4. In the law-stipulated cases, the Government of the Russian Federation may issue the rules, obligatory for the parties in concluding and performing public contracts (the standard contracts, the provisions, etc.).

5. The terms of the public contract, not corresponding to the requirements, laid down in Items 2 and 4 of the present Article, shall be insignificant.

You see the bold thing: Only stipulated by the law and by the other legal acts not by your rules. If i have drink with me you must treat me like others who have not or it will show preference to them. There are no law that forbid entering in cinema with own drinks.

Edited by ussr

Some many Thai legal experts on here, I am surprised.

To the OP, good troll

Article 426. The Public Contract

1. The public contract shall be recognized as a contract, concluded by a commercial organization and establishing its duties by the sale of commodities, by the performance of works and by rendering services, which such an organization shall effect in conformity with the nature of its activity with respect to anybody, who turns to it (in the sphere of the retail trade, the passenger traffic in the public transport vehicles, the communications services, the supply of electric energy, the medical services, the hotel accommodation, etc.). The commercial organization shall have no right to show preference to some persons as compared with the others as concerns the conclusion of a public contract, with the exception of the cases, stipulated by the law and by the other legal acts.

2. The price of commodities, works and services, as well as the other terms of the public contract shall be equal for all the consumers, with the exception of the cases, when the law and the other legal acts admit the granting of privileges for the individual consumer categories.

3. Refusal on the part of the commercial organization to conclude a public contract, if it can provide to the consumer the corresponding commodities and services and to perform for him the corresponding works, shall not be admitted. If the commercial organization ungroundlessly avoids the conclusion of a public contract, the provisions, stipulated by Item 4 of Article 445 of the present Code, shall be applied.

4. In the law-stipulated cases, the Government of the Russian Federation may issue the rules, obligatory for the parties in concluding and performing public contracts (the standard contracts, the provisions, etc.).

5. The terms of the public contract, not corresponding to the requirements, laid down in Items 2 and 4 of the present Article, shall be insignificant.

You see the bold thing: Only stipulated by the law and by the other legal acts not by your rules. If i have drink with me you must treat me like others who have not or it will show preference to them.

Again....another useless law which doesn NOT govern Thailand. Did u forget that you were in Thailand,, not USSR?

SlickMonkey i dont know how its worked in thai this is the main reason i created this topic. In Russia that works in way like i discribed. Have you link to some proofs?

I dont have links. I have first hand experience having been sued over 11 times in the last 35 years concerning people I have booted out of my business. And yes, we search all bags coming into our business. Anyone who refuses to get their bag searched is not permitted to stay on the premises.

As a rule we also dont allow outside food, drinks, cameras, etc. We also reserve the right to refuse service to ANYONE. Busiensses are NO public property....They are Private Businesses.

Things must really function differently in the USSR. These places might be places of business but they are still considered private property. The way you describe things only really holds any merit in Thailand if the operation is a government run operation. In which case there are much more strict rules/regulation in regard to who/why they can deny service/entry. For privately owned businesses they have the right to deny service/entry to pretty much anyone they want, whenever they want, for what ever reason they want.

Some restaurants/bars will allow you to bring in drinks even bottles of wine etc - and then charge a corkage fee. But they are not required to do so . They are well within their rights to not allow this to happen. Places that allow it are not allowing this type of thing because they are required to by law, they do so because for what ever reason they feel it is better for them as a business to offer this as part of their serivces.

So what if the cinema drink costs more than the ticket? If you don't want to pay the price - don't buy the drink.

>They might not have the right to search your bag but they do have a right to deny you entry

not after i bought a ticket. if they really-really wanting to check my bag they must called police if they no want to call a police then i go inside because i have a ticket.

After you have bought the ticket all they have to offer is a full refund of the price you paid - they do not have to allow you entry just because you already paid for the ticket. Especially if you are breaking one of their rules.

You do have the right to refuse to allow them to search your bag. But at the same time they have the right to refuse entry to you - all they have to do is refund your money for the ticket.

>Let service businesses make money because if they dont, you dont have any services to bitch about

they trying to make money i trying to save it is a WAR :D Actually i dont care about somebodies business. And if only option to make it working is rip you off okey i let it go down. If i go cinema to look movie i want to look movie and i no want to buy 50 baht coke or something. I have my own coke.

It is like by our coke or be thirsty.

You can drink your coke before you walk onto their property - then you are fine. But once you walk onto their property you have to follow their rules or leave.

I create this topic because i want to talk about rights not about how to save 50 baht.

And as many posters have pointed out the rights of the private business owner are very vast as it relates to being allowed to deny entry/serivce. Bascially if you want to do business with them you have to follow their rules. If you don't want to follow their rules then don't do business with them. They are not required by law to do business with anyone/everyone who walks up to their door.

>Again....another useless law which doesn NOT govern Thailand. Did u forget that you were in Thailand,, not USSR?

I undestand this. Actually i want to see a thai analogy how its regulated. Like some peoples here use USA or Britain laws to describe this situation. Maybe it is wrong too.

Edited by ussr