IGNORED

pie and mash

When I visited Australia, the pie was my favorite thing. I will have to try this when I visit Pattaya.

When I visited Australia, the pie was my favorite thing. I will have to try this when I visit Pattaya.

i just want to thank you americans for the best invention ever !, the BURGER !.

here's one i prepared a little earlier.

wagu beef pattie (1/4 pound)

bacon.

egg.

cheese.

onion.

carrot.

beetroot.

tomatoe.

lettuce.

mayo, b-b-que and tomatoe sauce.

wash down with worlds best beer !.

did i fuck it up and forget something ?.

DSC_2233.JPG

DSC_2236.JPG

I noticed in Sydney that the local burgers had beets instead of pickles on them. I just took the beets off and it was fine.

i don't want to ruin the op's thread.

i have to say that pie and mash is the one food i wish i could order up on room service when i'm too hungover or sick to eat anything else !.

but it must have the good gravy !.

oh, and worcestershire sauce of coarse !.

when i worked in waterloo, london, i was always getting americans asking me to point them in the direction of a pie and mash shop. Australians too.

anyone remember Sarsparilla shops? we had one in my home town. laid out like a saloon bar but non alcoholic. foreigners would travel the length of britain to drink there.

Edited by MONOCHROMEMAN

Aussies make good pies too, just about the only thing they do well

We make Fantastic Pies, best in the world, especially if you get into the little Hot Bread Kitchens, in the small country towns, I have yet to find what I would call a decent pie here in Pattaya. :10of10Score:

Last trip home I had a Pie and a Cheese and Bacon sausage roll for breakfast first morning back, that ought to tell you how much I miss them here, almost the quintessential Aussie icon food.

Looking at that picture it reminded me of something they do in South Australia, they call it a Pea Floater or was that a Pie Floater, whatever, it's a dished plate, filled with slightly runny, mushy peas with a pie floated in the centre of it, yum yum.

My personal favourite is a Steak and Onion with mushy peas and Worcestershire sauce, yum, the drool is running down my chin at the moment. :001_Thank_You5:

Way back when I was in Primary school, a Pie Van used to show up at the side gate around lunch time, he had a wood fired hot box that always added a small amount of smoky flavour to the pies and made them all that much more delicious.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

I noticed in Sydney that the local burgers had beets instead of pickles on them. I just took the beets off and it was fine.

Beetroot is standard on Aussie Burgers, it just doesn't taste right without it, gotta say the first time I had a Mac Crappy burger, the pickles got the flick, but have got used to them now.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

• 1 month later...

Slapman.....your burger is a little 'overdressed' for my liking,though I'd be happy to give it a go.

However,you can't possibly be suggesting that Crown lager is the best beer in the World !

You're joking....right ?

The reason some pies are not so good in Pattaya, a proper pie should be baked in an oven which takes about 30/40 mins thus the customer waiting a long time,which most will not want to do, if a pie is cooked and sits anywhere for more than a few hours in a warmer it is not very nice after that and then you either have to bin it of reheat it next day which again produces an overcooked dry pie, I have not tried the little wonder yet but will sometime and see what they are like.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

noo u need fish finger cheese and brown sauce sandwich

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it East End of London Style with Likka, Loved it in the East End a few years back before a West Ham game, if it is I am going to be trying it.503143683_f163ddad3f.jpg

Fuck, that looks tasty Dave.

Get it on your menu mate

PR