Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

pie and mash

id been over to chaos corner(soi diana,soi buakhao)for an iced coffee and watch the world and the girls go by,i made my way back towards 2nd road when i came to a pie and mash restaurant,for a change i gave it a go and was impressed with it,cant remember the name or where it is can anyone help please.

don't know the name buts its in the walkway behind papagayo just off soi diana

if you are coming from second road get to the kiss restaurant opposite Mikes Mall and walk through the covered walkway and its at the end on your right

Is it East End of London Style with Likka, Loved it in the East End a few years back before a West Ham game, if it is I am going to be trying it.503143683_f163ddad3f.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

thats it! single or double pie and mash,the pies were pretty good as well

Is it East End of London Style with Likka, Loved it in the East End a few years back before a West Ham game, if it is I am going to be trying it.503143683_f163ddad3f.jpg

That pic looks delicious. Excuse my American ignorance, but what exactly is a pie? Also, what kind of gravy is in that pic?

Hey Millard,

Your American ignorance is excused!

British cuisine does get quite a bit of stick from some septics but there are some great British dishes that you must try; roast beef and yorkshire pudding, pie mash & liquor, fish and chips and ofcourse that a quintessential British curry! Don't even ask about faggotts and peas!!!

In answer to your question, a pie (in this case) is simply a savoury pastry filled with any of the following popular combinations:

Minced beef and onion

Steak and kidney

Ham and mushroom

Beef and ale

Chicken and leek

Cheese and onion

The above list is by no means exhaustive and the possibilities are endless and pies are devoured in huge quantities by football fans (soccer to you yanks) at half time up and down our fair isles on a saturday afternoon. You could say the British equivalent to your hot dogs at a NFL/NBA/World series/NHL game.

Aussies make good pies too, just about the only thing they do well - they used to be good at cricket until we gained the upper hand in recent years. Any convicts watch the 20-20 final??? :)

Liquor is indeed a type of gravy made from parsley, flour and a bit of vinegar. Sounds strange but goes well with buttery mash - a very east end of London invention. Many Brits also like to eat pie and mash with a good thick, meaty gravy.

Edited by Spursman

I had to laught. What is it about the Brits being completely obsessed about their food, I think they prefer it to women! Food from home is a nice occassional treat but whats wrong with the great Thai cuisine. I can hardly call British food a cuisine - sorry. Pass the HP sauce and Branston pickle.

Mmmmmmmm...that looks good!! Daveo you should start selling this a your place!! Nice smooth lump free mash and a good tasty pie with puff pastry and good meaty filling :GoldenSmile1:

That looks sooo good, I love anything with gravy or sauce poured all over the top.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

The rest of the food in this place is pretty good, too. The place does not look too atrractive but it is authentic British caff style.

Prices are good and the menu very varied. For comfort food,cant beat the fish-finger sandwich.

Brits will know what i mean.I'll wait for jokes from other nationalities.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

Mmmmmmmm...that looks good!! Daveo you should start selling this a your place!! Nice smooth lump free mash and a good tasty pie with puff pastry and good meaty filling :rolleyes:

Mmmmmmmm...that looks good!! Daveo you should start selling this a your place!! Nice smooth lump free mash and a good tasty pie with puff pastry and good meaty filling :Whistle:

I am from London and have been an aficionado of Pie and Mash all my life. The Little Wonder's is as good as any to be had in our Capital's pie, mash and eel shops. The owner is from East London so he should know his product. It's a pity he can't obtain decent eels in the LOS so we could then get jellied and stewed eels. I know he has attempted to do so but his efforts have so far proved fruitless.

I admit that pie and mash does look good but personally i never touch British food in thailand. It reminds me of the shithole that i went there to forget...

Little Wonder Cafe

Said it before and I'll say it again,best breakfast I've had in Pattaya in nearly 5 years.

Mmmmmmmm...that looks good!! Daveo you should start selling this a your place!! Nice smooth lump free mash and a good tasty pie with puff pastry and good meaty filling :001_Thank_You5:

Mmmmmmmm...that looks good!! Daveo you should start selling this a your place!! Nice smooth lump free mash and a good tasty pie with puff pastry and good meaty filling :001_Thank_You5:

You can say that again.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No Way! Thanks for the heads up. I was born in the East End and I usually go for a double pie and double mash - followed by a single pie and mash if i am a bit hungry.

I am drooling as i write this. Will introduce a few of my Thai Lady friends to this East End delicacy.

What are the prices like ?

The one on Barking road or High Street North? GoldenSmile1.gif

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

The one on Barking road or High Street North? GoldenSmile1.gif

The one on Barking rd!!! And Daveo in canterbury tales is goona give us pattaya addicts some free samples when he starts production :GoldenSmile1:

I'll have a kitchen during my next trip & am planning to introduce to GF to the delights of traditional British fluffy mashed potato; I'm even bringing over a tatty masher especially (a mate told me that they're unheard of over there).

Where's the best place to buy spuds over there & what varieties do they have? Surely they don't have the 'king' of spuds, the Great British King Edward? :)

Peace. :GrinNod1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

:) If you want a decent pie beach road between soi 7/8 eat out or pig and whistle /rosy o grade’s eat in:GoldenSmile1:

Really gang, it is a beyond minority food.

Steak kidney, beef onion, chicken and mushroom, etc, destroy it.

Like fish n chips, haggis, and whatever the Welsh dish is, no=one really wants to eat it.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.