IGNORED

Roger's Italian

I'v never Rogered an Italian before

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Wonder what his cousin looks like? Is she hot cause it looks like she is on the menu?

From the front page of their website...."Elisa, Roger and Kun are happyto let you taste their cousin"

1.jpg

8.jpg

Roger's Italian has probably the best home made Italian food in Pattaya, but it is also in the worst possible location. It is set back behind a string of Second Road beer bars near the corner of Second and Klang. It is open from 6 AM until Midnight. Prices are high for Pattaya, but are similar to some of the other Italian restaurants in the city. The quality and flavor of the food however, are second to none.

7.jpg

Sign as seen from Second Road

2.jpg

You can park directly on Second near the entrance to Pattaya Memorial Hospital and walk towards the back of the beer bar complex.

3.jpg

There is also a back entrance next to Pattaya Memorial.

4.jpg

6.jpg

There is a small al fresco seating area for about eight or 10 people, and a more comfortable air conditioned area for about 16 or so.

5.jpg

The menu includes traditional Italian fare, Thai foods and a decent breakfast selection.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

I have dined in once with a party of four, but order take away from there more often, and the quaility of the food never fails. If dining in, do not expect traditional restaurant style service. Instead, picture yourself being served dinner in a friends home. Each dish is made fresh to order, the Italian dishes by Roger himself, and the Thai dishes by his wife. That said, quick service isn't the order of the day, but the food is well worth the wait. There are also made from scratch specials such as cannelloni, lasagna and the like.

I haven't had a bad dish there yet. Among my favorites are the Thai Spaghetti Seafood, Ravioli with Ham and Cream Sauce and the giant slice of home made Lasagne I just had for dinner. :GoldenSmile1: One of the only things I'd like to see added to the menu is fresh pasta, as I am a big fan. Roger?

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

If you go with more than a couple people, prepare to wait, as the dishes come on one at a time. Be ready to enjoy a leisurely stroll through his cold meats plate (with some sent to him straight from Italy by his mother) onto your main dish and then maybe a home made Tiramisu.

The man and his wife.

27.jpg

Go, brave the location, be patient, and enjoy the best Italian in the city.

:001_Sawasdee: He mate,in my next trip in nov,iwill go there and try it.I like good italian food as well. :001_Thank_You5: Cheers

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 1 month later...

I went there yesterday to give it a try. This is the best food I have seen in Pattaya. Everything fresh and delicious. Not cheap, bring time, but what a difference!

I love this guy for the passion he puts into his work!

• 3 months later...

Yep, I found that Roger's Italian is the best in town. I really enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and Roger goes out of his way to accommodate your tastes. I really like Chicken Alfredo but all over Pattaya they make it with spaghetti noodles. When I mendioned I liked the flat noodles like they have at Carabas Italian Grill in the US, Roger knew exactly what I wanted and every time I go there he makes it perfect just for me and my girl.

His lasagne is the best I have ever had. He makes it fresh almost daily. The restaurant is behind the beer bar but they have the double insulated glass so noise has never been a problem. Really enjoyed some jazz or watching a ball game while enjoying the meals there.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

• 8 months later...

Wonder what his cousin looks like? Is she hot cause it looks like she is on the menu?

From the front page of their website...."Elisa, Roger and Kun are happyto let you taste their cousin"

Sadly my cousin is now off the menu :-)

Thank you all for your kind comments on my restaurant and food. I always try to provide the best dining experience in Pattaya and am proud to say many customers have now become good friends.

We buy our ingredients in daily and although our prices are higher than the mass produced restaurants we believe you get what you pay for.

You can eat on the street in Pattaya for 25 baht but how can you compare that to a beautiful Air Conditioned restaurant with only the best quality fresh ingredients.

Our menu caters for all tastes not just Italian and Thai we have some British favourites too like homemade Beef Stew.

Come and see us and please mention Pattaya Addicts when you do.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped in there last friday. I ordered the spaghetti aglio oglio which Roger added baby clams to at my request. this dish was terrific and generously sized. I also has the lasagna as a 2nd course. This also was quite big, and tasty, but not quite as cheesy as I would have preferred.

Both were good value, i thought. i had the tiramisu for dessert. This was a bit disappointing as it came out of the freezer. So even though Roger gave it a blast from the microwave to thaw it and suggested I give it a few more minutes to thaw, after a ten minute wait it still had sections icy and others a bit soggy. so I think i would skip that the next time.

Roger is an excellent host who did all he could to make my visit enjoyable and the pasta courses were great. I'll definitely go back and recommend it to anyone looking for italian food.

I made another visit to Roger's the other night.

I asked him to make me chicken alfredo, which was just fantastic.........

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Did you go to Elisa's birthday on 16th jan too Poskat? That was a good night

I live in bkk, and get to patts once a month....so i missed her BD also. Back for my BD weekend Mar 16-18. i'll be making a stop at rogers for sure

Ahhh Poskat your the guy Roger was talking about when I was with him yesterday.

He mentioned a friend from Bangkok who comes down every month and eats there.

• 1 year later...

i was in patts over the weekend (after a 6 month absence)and had another great meal at Roger's. Spaghetti carbonara and bruschetta. both very large portions..... My friend had spaghetti ragu that was also very tasty.

it is a crime that he doesnt have more customers,everyone i have taken there has loved it.... but the location at the back of the beerbar complex across from soi 7 on second raod doesnt help......

Thanks for the heads up...

I had heard good things about this place...but was also told he had sold up and retired.... seems this info was slightly inaccurate...

Will get organised in the next couple of weeks and give it a try

Cheers

Wow, he's still open. I would have sworn he was trying to sell the place a while back.

Archived