IGNORED

Cure for depression?

LISBON

Well, This is the first time that I have posted anything significant on a Patts forum as I think when a site becomes of a commercial interest we find that the moderators often step in and edit out extremely valuable info that would have been of great help to BM's. Understandly, this is to prevent conflict with finacial sponsors but maybe sometimes not in the interest of the BM's

However, just before returning to Patts I did use Pattaya-Addicts to gain some really useful info, to which I am grateful. So maybe in the future I can return the favour.

I returned to England 3 days ago after one month in Patts, my third but easily the longest visit. The strange thing is that I am feeling really miserable and despondent, I didn't feel any these symptoms after my previous trips, although these were only 5 day stays.

I wouldn't say that I fell in love either, stuck to my own self-imposed rule of 2 days max, managed 23 LT's, 9 ST's, 2 Soapys and numerous massages(Thai/oil only) Although one stunning girl from 2nd road did have my pleasure on 4 seperate occasions. Why? Cos she was absolutely amazing in looks and of course, fantastic in the sack!

I have heard the old saying " Glance back at the past , but try not to stare at the past" I think this works for both fantastic and difficult experiences alike. But at the moment I seem to be stuck in the pastand need help

Has anyone ever experienced to same feelings? What's the answer?

Lisbon

Dear LISBON, you are officially addicted, there is no short term fix, get your next trip booked as soon as possible, this will help but it still hurts! your special, hang in there fella!

<p>

welcome to the way that you will find most bm here feel upon returning home shite i even had it when i was in the taxi heading for the airport i have been home over a month now and feel just as bad as i did when i left i admit that im probably finding it a bit harder because i broke the dont fall in love rule but the only thing i can think of that makes you feel some what better is to focus on your next trip and get it booked because that way you will know when your going to be back in pattaya and can just bury yourself in work and count down the days but trust me your not alone with how your feeling mate :GoldenSmile1:

whatever you do dont sit at your computer late in the evening and wander the streets of pattaya via http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/ .. it makes things much much worse, especially that damn camera panning that allows you to look in the bar fronts and shop windows :(

much sympathy man ..

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Well, This is the first time that I have posted anything significant on a Patts forum as I think when a site becomes of a commercial interest we find that the moderators often step in and edit out extremely valuable info that would have been of great help to BM's. Understandly, this is to prevent conflict with finacial sponsors but maybe sometimes not in the interest of the BM's

However, just before returning to Patts I did use Pattaya-Addicts to gain some really useful info, to which I am grateful. So maybe in the future I can return the favour.

I returned to England 3 days ago after one month in Patts, my third but easily the longest visit. The strange thing is that I am feeling really miserable and despondent, I didn't feel any these symptoms after my previous trips, although these were only 5 day stays.

I wouldn't say that I fell in love either, stuck to my own self-imposed rule of 2 days max, managed 23 LT's, 9 ST's, 2 Soapys and numerous massages(Thai/oil only) Although one stunning girl from 2nd road did have my pleasure on 4 seperate occasions. Why? Cos she was absolutely amazing in looks and of course, fantastic in the sack!

I have heard the old saying " Glance back at the past , but try not to stare at the past" I think this works for both fantastic and difficult experiences alike. But at the moment I seem to be stuck in the pastand need help

Lisbon

I was there for 10 days and came back March 8th, thought of little else since. Any photos to share?

i have a thread similar to this running on here. i got back 4 days ago and never felt so bad. you are not alone pal trust me. if you are feeling tired all the time and just cant be arsed at work and want to chin every falang woman you see then i believe you have depression just like me. i am hopefully going back in august but even that isnt making me feel any better right now. i really do feel for you pal. give me a pm if you like and we can console each other.

Please could you provide evidence for these claims, we don't favour sponsors and we certainly dont delete posts for sponsors. You can ask them that, however I suspect you have just signed up to cause problems. Unless of course you are referring to your experience with other Pattaya forums.

i think the reason you are feeling lost on trip three is

because now you know a lot about thailand and its people/culture

and you conexted with them,you open up to them ,felt there way of life

and now you back in the west,total different style of life

seems like there is some think wrong with the way we live our lifes here in the west

as you have tried a different life style,eastern

most if not all people love the holiday life style

not a crappy life back home

i had some shit times back here ,after my little thai adventures

my friend got a thai wife ,so i had a bit of access to thai culture

love the way they speak english in tones,

they now gone to chang mai,so back on my own again ,only this website and youtube

to comfort me ,in between trips to los

i filled the void with learning thai

so dam hard ,but takes the pain away a little bit

learn to speak ,1 to 10 ,and write thai script,basic words

write your name in thai

google translate can sort out most stuff

but the big pay off,is when you return

you hear bits of spoken thai,and know what it means

can say few words to a bar girl,hotel ladies

write bit thai,your name and 1 to 10

they love it when you try

i think if you dwell on the void,between holidays ,you would go mad

so do more prep,the reward will be when there,you fit in better,not feel so alien

tons of stuff out there on thai

i found lot bar girls drop out of school

so i help them with bit thai history

what i learned,was mad they not know basic stuff

like sock-a-thai,first capital,then a-you-tee-aa,second capital,then bangkok,third capital

lot fighting between thais and burmese,burnt wats,they nick gold buddas and rape the girls

also hotel staff,as been to uni,can teach you so much ,in english too

try to find a thai monk with good english,he explain what all that is about,the pics of buddahs life on the walls in the wats

i got a local thai food place,i go round for my chicken rice,and talk about all things thailand

allways get few raised eye brows too,smiles

wai and sawadee kap them,thais love to have fun,be happy

if exsposed to it for a while,you will catch it too

why thai lady so good in bed

she work hard to please you,make you smile ,make you happy

then she happy too

well fill the void between trips with learning,reading trip reports

remember,you are not alone

i go to plymouth,and lot thais down there ,nice food places

i feel a loss when return home to bristol,same as my holidays

launstone got nice thai people,big hard ware shop

i even learnt bit manderin too,off a thai there

owner got sweet cute thai wife

he a lucky man indeed

if you are reading this,sorry but you are very blessed man indeed

take good care of her,she awesome indeed

lot people love thailand

even the thais out side asia,love there king and country,feel a loss too

if you save up your pennies and learn thai stuff,you be ok

works for me any way

good luck

next trip should be awesome

better than the last

i have a thread similar to this running on here. i got back 4 days ago and never felt so bad. you are not alone pal trust me. if you are feeling tired all the time and just cant be arsed at work and want to chin every falang woman you see then i believe you have depression just like me. i am hopefully going back in august but even that isnt making me feel any better right now. i really do feel for you pal. give me a pm if you like and we can console each other.

Hi Mate, Thanks for the words of consolation, yep i'm feeling exactly the same as you mate. I work in London and every lunchtime I walk around Regents Park, every fat ugly falang woman make me wish even more that I was back in the hotel in Patts! I've been looking at dates in October for a return trip, although it's a little more complicated for me. I tried to send you a PM direct to you so we could chat personally, but the site doesn't allow me. Would be good to chat about our experiences and of course the way forward.

Lisbon

Dear LISBON, you are officially addicted, there is no short term fix, get your next trip booked as soon as possible, this will help but it still hurts! your special, hang in there fella!

Thanks mate, it's good to hear that i'm not alone and yes will definitely return soon!

Please could you provide evidence for these claims, we don't favour sponsors and we certainly dont delete posts for sponsors. You can ask them that, however I suspect you have just signed up to cause problems. Unless of course you are referring to your experience with other Pattaya forums.

Hi, Please forgive me if you thought my comments were directed at this Forum, I'm still a novice in the forum's arena but Patts addicts forum appears to be well respected and that's why I chose it for my first post. However, my mate Pat whom I have just spent an absolutely unbelievable month with is an old boy when it comes to Forums. He's been writing and replying for many many years. It was during a few conversations with him and other BM friends of his when this topic arose. Several examples were mentioned which I thought were genuinely reasonable. But 'Pattaya Addicts' was not in any of the discussions. So no I'm not here to cause problems, unless it's going to get me on the next flight back to Patts! and that would get rid of this depression. Best regards Mate. Lisbon

i think the reason you are feeling lost on trip three is

because now you know a lot about thailand and its people/culture

and you conexted with them,you open up to them ,felt there way of life

and now you back in the west,total different style of life

seems like there is some think wrong with the way we live our lifes here in the west

as you have tried a different life style,eastern

most if not all people love the holiday life style

not a crappy life back home

i had some shit times back here ,after my little thai adventures

my friend got a thai wife ,so i had a bit of access to thai culture

love the way they speak english in tones,

they now gone to chang mai,so back on my own again ,only this website and youtube

to comfort me ,in between trips to los

i filled the void with learning thai

so dam hard ,but takes the pain away a little bit

learn to speak ,1 to 10 ,and write thai script,basic words

write your name in thai

google translate can sort out most stuff

but the big pay off,is when you return

you hear bits of spoken thai,and know what it means

can say few words to a bar girl,hotel ladies

write bit thai,your name and 1 to 10

they love it when you try

i think if you dwell on the void,between holidays ,you would go mad

so do more prep,the reward will be when there,you fit in better,not feel so alien

tons of stuff out there on thai

i found lot bar girls drop out of school

so i help them with bit thai history

what i learned,was mad they not know basic stuff

like sock-a-thai,first capital,then a-you-tee-aa,second capital,then bangkok,third capital

lot fighting between thais and burmese,burnt wats,they nick gold buddas and rape the girls

also hotel staff,as been to uni,can teach you so much ,in english too

try to find a thai monk with good english,he explain what all that is about,the pics of buddahs life on the walls in the wats

i got a local thai food place,i go round for my chicken rice,and talk about all things thailand

allways get few raised eye brows too,smiles

wai and sawadee kap them,thais love to have fun,be happy

if exsposed to it for a while,you will catch it too

why thai lady so good in bed

she work hard to please you,make you smile ,make you happy

then she happy too

well fill the void between trips with learning,reading trip reports

remember,you are not alone

i feel a loss when return home to bristol,same as my holidays

launstone got nice thai people,big hard ware shop

i even learnt bit manderin too,off a thai there

owner got sweet cute thai wife

he a lucky man indeed

if you are reading this,sorry but you are very blessed man indeed

take good care of her,she awesome indeed

lot people love thailand

even the thais out side asia,love there king and country,feel a loss too

if you save up your pennies and learn thai stuff,you be ok

works for me any way

good luck

next trip should be awesome

better than the last

Absolutely brilliant post Mate, Thank you it's been a fantastic read and a great help, I'm going to take a lot on board.

Regards, Lisbon

whatever you do dont sit at your computer late in the evening and wander the streets of pattaya via http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/ .. it makes things much much worse, especially that damn camera panning that allows you to look in the bar fronts and shop windows :(

much sympathy man ..

Too late, I've already been on the laptop last two nights and covered all the soi's. Great while it lasted but it does make you even more depressed that next morning!! Regards, Lisbon

[quote name=astralecon

hi pal. i work in plymouth and to be honest i despise the place. but i have to say i have not seen many thais here (granted i dont go out here much cos i dont like it and i would rather save my money for patts) but could you tell me where i could find them.....cheers bigreg

Edited by BigReg

i totally agree with u m8 ,, ive bin a few times an the last trip gutted me comin home ,, the only thing ive dun since ive bin back is think about going again ,,left march 13th an 2 weeks back in england an i booked to go back for the month ,, good news but its october im going so still gutted the thing is my friend we are all hooked now an it dusnt get any better ,, the only good thing that comes out of this is no in that ur going back 1 day :Think1: .... book as soon as u can m8 !!

I went to visit the doctor since I returned last month. I asked if he could prescribe Efexor 150 as they can relieve depression. It has helped me alot after taking a pill a day for the last two weeks. It was a horrible feeling returning home to melbourne as there is nothing to do here.

Go and smash up some females! That always helps when i'm not at my emotional best. But I know unlike some of the users on here, I already live in Asia (Japan), so getting a female is about as easy as getting one in LOS. I thought England was pretty damn easy too, those Polish imigrants are hot! Besides that leaving Patts is a good thing, gives your mind time to rest and regroup and plan for the next go round.

-Last word: Man I just don't understand how some of you guys can say your countries aren't fun. I've lived in Europe for a few years and they were some of the best and most jam packed, girl-alcohol filled moments of my live. All flavors of women! Loved Germany, Switzerland, France and Holland especially!!

my first time in Pattaya i was also depressed so i was 45 days home and i return again for more 30 days :) than happen again when i arrive to my country i was again depressed :( but now im a little more happy because i live in Portugal Algarve ;) now gonna start summer and i live 2 min from beach butt i miss thai girls very much :( so im allready planing next trip in October until dezember :D and than i go more 30 days in April :Hello1:

Edited by augusto

Have the same problem... only cure is to book a new holiday there! However since I don't consider it safe to go to Thailand now (Pattaya IS safe but getting in and out of it might not be), I'll have to wait :(

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

Bryan you've been back in England too long or your pissed in which case I dont blame you about time you came back your missing all the excitement.

Al,

Lisbon

Join the club dude. Read my very first post ever. I was in the same position as you. I've only been inspired to work harder here at home to make my dream of vacation there happen more often.

Getting plenty of sunlight help chase depression away. Also be sure you get daily Vitamin D3 4000 to 6000 I.U. per day max. There is a blood test to tell you how low your D3 level might be but most of us that aren't in the sun 8+ hours a day have inadequate levels of D3 and that can lead to depression in some people. I would try both.

It's not how much you make... it's what you don't spend. 60% of NBA players are broke within 5 years of retirement. 78% of NFL players are in financial distress within 2 years of retirement. Live off the income from your nest egg, but don't spend the principal and let it grow a little each year for inflation to increase your income a little later on.

Join the club dude. Read my very first post ever. I was in the same position as you. I've only been inspired to work harder here at home to make my dream of vacation there happen more often.

16 days since my return, it's a little easier to accept being back at home and especially now I've booked my return trip. Counting the days down on the calender is a great remedy!!

16 days since my return, it's a little easier to accept being back at home and especially now I've booked my return trip. Counting the days down on the calender is a great remedy!!

Thats the only thing that has cheered me up I am now 2 weeks back and on Saturday I booked a trip for September.

No more blues now only anticipation

Lisbon

Trolling airline sites for good deals for my next trip usually cheers me up.

Edited by furryman