Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Question Mainly for the aussies

Frank2010

Fred11,

While it is a formality to declare cash to customs, the information is passed on to tax and law enforcement authorities.

You do not have to declare that it is being used for legal purposes.

The problem arises in that you get noticed inside the tax office. Once you get enough notice they will start doing audits. Even if you THINK you are declaring all of you income they will find something to pin you on.

My experience is to keep as low on the radar as possible. So it is best to aviod carrying such large amount of cash out of the country.

It's the same thing as depositing money in your normal bank account, deposit 1000$ no problems, do it every week for a while and then you'll get the tax/law ringing you asking where's the cash comming from.

Or deposit 10,000$+ in one hit and same same, phone calls asking where's the cash comming from.

or so I've been told.

I am sorry guys, but you are still not getting it.

Can any of you please tell how to declare money when leaving the country?

What form do you fill out?

Who do you give this form to?

Who checks your bags or pockets when leaving the country?

If i have a suitcase with $1000 000 000 in it and i am leaving the country-10000% i will not have any problems going through customs at all.

HOWEVER, Bringing money in is another story.

I do not know how often you guys fly in/ out of Oz, but i take 3 trips every year for the past 7 years and never ever ever ever was i ever required or asked to show cash when leaving Oz, nor have i ever ever ever seen anyone do that when leaving Oz, nor have i ever ever ever seen any forms to declare the money when leaving any country in the world and i have been through 28 country's.

Every country requires declaration for bringing money in, but not for taking money out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

For Australia entering and leaving the country you have to fill in a form and sign it. It asks you whether you are carrying more than $10000 in cash.

If you tick yes, I hope the customs man who takes the form will give you another form. If not you will have to remember to ask for it.

You raised a good question, compliance. For leaving the country there is a good chance that you will get away with it. I have no doubt that some cash has been detected as people leave the country. I would not risk it. You risk getting the money confiscated.

I know from first hand experience that they are VERY good at detecting contraband. Coming in to Australia the sniffer dog detected the area in my backpack where some fruit had been placed some hours previously. The fruit had been eaten however.

When you leave Australia you need to fill in the customs "Departure "card before you enter Passport Control allowing you to enter into the international departure Gate / Lounge - Duty Free Area, etc, this customs card is a "Green Departure Card" detailing your next port of call, name address, passport number, expiry, DOB, etc. On the back of this card is the statement relating to the $10,000.00 AUD figure.

The re entry or "arrival card" is an orange type color.

This really isnt a big deal, you can take $9999.00 AUD out of the country and not have to declare this to Australian Authorities, and will not be breaking any Australian Laws. I did this last month for some purchases I needed for my new Condo.

As for the OPs question, mate everyones needs and requirements are different, as you have gathered from the responses here, if you budget this amount and are happy to spend it, go for it and enjoy.

I am 99.5% sure you do not need to declare the money when you leaving the country.

Even if you wanted to do it, i can not see how you can as there are no forms to fill out, not to mention no one checks your bags or wallet on the way out.

Nor have i personally ever seen any signs in the airport stating that anyone has to declare taking money out.

on arrival to Thailand, you have to declare anything over US$10 000, BUT they never check your wallet or pockets in Thailand, so again i would not worry about it

im 100 per cent 10.000 max there are sings at the airport. if you donot declare can become goverment money

I am sorry guys, but you are still not getting it.

Can any of you please tell how to declare money when leaving the country?

What form do you fill out?

Who do you give this form to?

Who checks your bags or pockets when leaving the country?

If i have a suitcase with $1000 000 000 in it and i am leaving the country-10000% i will not have any problems going through customs at all.

HOWEVER, Bringing money in is another story.

I do not know how often you guys fly in/ out of Oz, but i take 3 trips every year for the past 7 years and never ever ever ever was i ever required or asked to show cash when leaving Oz, nor have i ever ever ever seen anyone do that when leaving Oz, nor have i ever ever ever seen any forms to declare the money when leaving any country in the world and i have been through 28 country's.

Every country requires declaration for bringing money in, but not for taking money out!

I went to BKK in march and had to fill out the "Outgoing Passanger Card - Australia"

http://www.australien-panorama.de/infos/einreise-ausreiseformular-australien.pdf

(scroll down to the last card, green in colour)

on the back of the card it's got the question

"Are you taking out of Australia $10,000AUD or more....."

It's not saying you can't do it, just if you tick the "no" box and they find you're carrying more then 10k when you go through the customs hand luggage checks or personal checks they'll investigate further. Basically ask you why you're taking it out. Where it came from, and prove it. If you can't they'll take the money, and the AFP will rape you.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been holidaying in Pattaya for over 30 years and nowdays probably 4to5000 bht per day on drinks food and women would be about right.Don't stay in a hotel that charges a 'joiner'for the girl and don't pay up front for the hotel.And remember most of all that the old fellah with the beautiful young girl could be you in a few years time. Davleos from Oz.

These laws are really outdated you know. 20 years ago you wouldn't be able to get your money overseas in a fast and prompt way. Nowadays you can withdraw from a foreign ATM (yup you do have to pay fees) or you can open a bank account in a foreign bank and using web banking, transfer funds overseas. Why do people carry so much cash on them nowadays is beyond me. OK provided that it was acquired in a legal fashion.

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

Hi to all aussies,

Just came back form Pats, still crying!!!

Guys try Rick's Aussie Bar in Soi 7 about 4 shops from 2nd Road on right. A couple of girls but nice aussie host Rick, Aussie sports on numerous screens etc. cheap beer $2 all the time, Best Hamburgers in Pattaya from little hole in wall next door.

I have no connection to this place except that it is good, clean and reasonable with no pressure etc.

Good luck!!

That'd be plenty,you can have a ball on that.

Robw

OK then, my two bobs worth.

Accommodation - 700 baht per night Pars Place 3rd Road, AirCon/balcony/Coffee/fridge/bathroom/TV.Or View Talay studio 900 per night 30 days or more

Breakfast 100 baht anywhere, bacon/eggs/toast/coffee/juice,

Lunch or dinner - Thai eateries no more than 120 baht, western food Soi Chaiyapoon, 100-150 baht ( e.g. Neeroys), Thai BBQ all u can eat incl seafood 179 baht South Pattaya Road

Beer - Soi New Plaza 50 baht/60 baht all day/night

Golf - Outback Bar for discount rates/transport etc

Car Hire Holiday rent a car - 1000 a day incl insurance

Girls - FL 1100 a night, BB 1400 a night (incl 300 baht BF)

cHOC dEE