IGNORED

Question Mainly for the aussies

Frank2010

Have been to bkk about 5 times patts once but along time ago im going in nov and want to know how long $10000au would last i hope for a month or 2 would be good not counting accom just drink and fun i drink but not ebough so i cant enjoy the girls after a good night out, i was just wondering what you experts think, Thanks .Aussie

hey mate i just got back from pattaya just over 3 weeks ago i was there for 15 days and spent 185000 baht after my accomodation which works out about 12330 baht a day or just a tad over $400 you defnatley dont have to spend that much mate and to be honest i dont even know how i did i realy dont know where it all went now that im thinking with a sober clear head but pattaya has a way of extracting you of money in a very suttle but quick way

im aculy coming over n august again mate for 30 days and i have worked it out to cost the same amount you want to spend which ill roughly break up for you to give you a better understanding

$10,000 -$1,000 airfare so leaves $9000 which is about 270,000 baht

.i think ill be staying at August Suites after reading the reviews so accomodation will cost 43,500baht for 29 nights

.so now have 226,500baht left for drinking and girls which works out to be about 7500baht a day over a 30 day period by the way 7500baht is about $250

hope that helps mate i admit you could do it cheaper if you wanted to and doing so would also allow you more time in pattaya but me personaly after working it out i dont think i could realy get by on any less per day than that amount and have fun but it all depends on what you like mate you and me may like totaly different things im not much of a beer bar fan so i tend to just go to the gogo bars and drink there and also thats where i bar fine from for a lt

hope this helps mate and enjoy your trip

for playmoney 10K should last you 2months

just dont overpay, go crazy with tips, bellringing etc

thats 300 000bht if you spend 5000bht a night thats two months

1500-2500 for the LT

1500-2500 drinking, eating tips etc

500-1000 ST

should be fine

10k is good enough for 6 months if you dont go stupid

10k should last you 2 months easy, if you keep in mind to do some extended LT's within your trip, then it gives you ample spend in the gogo's.

If you are thinking of going hard with your ladies $AU500 daily is easily achieved including drinks, food, accom, which means that you will go hungry after 2 weeks.

I spent approxiamately 7k aussie for a 3 week decadent trip over Christmas, all inclusive.

"Bucking and Rogering in the 21st century!"

So after airfare and hotel, you should about 8 grand left. 8 grand is just way too much for 30 days. I'm not going to tell you what to do with your money, but whatever you do, please DO NOT OVER PAY. Last thing I want is to go to Pattaya, and have these girls asking 2000 baht for ST or even LT! We don't need to flaunt money in these girls faces. Most if not all these girls will not be our wives, so no need to look like a "baller". If you spend your money wisely you could probably have the same amount of fun with half and maybe even a third of the 8 grand. Don't be fool bro and ruin it for the rest of us. You might even it ruin it for yourself in the future even.

I always say $100 to spend and $30 for accom. So with $10K thats around 76 days.

If you want to lash out and get 2 girls a day and buys lots of lady drinks etc then $10K will be long gone in a month.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

If you were to spent 3000 baht per day=$100 which is enough to get drunk and have a girl you got 100 days of non stop fun

If you spend your money smart then as some have said up to 6 months

If you really watch your money-even up to 1 year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

I spouse the biggest question is what sort of trip do you want to have.

I try and get away overseas 3 times a year, so i sort of treat my trip to LOS as a way to live the good life for a couple of weeks etc.

Saying that 5000k baht per day is what i sort off work on not including accom, some days you spend that some days you won't so it all works out in the pretty well.

you could always take the option of a week away from Pattaya and that would then bring your total costs down as well.

Its all about what you wanna do for that period of time.

All the best with it. Wish i could have 2 months away from work to do that.

Greg

For a good time you can spend $150 per day all inclusive. But that has been pointed out before.

One point I thought of is how you are going to bring the money.

Bringing it all in cash would mean that you are bringing a large amount of money and you have to declare it when you leave Australia. Probably not a good idea.

Travellers cheques might be a good idea for some of the money.

But if you use a credit or debit card the costs can add up and will eat into your budget.

For a good time you can spend $150 per day all inclusive. But that has been pointed out before.

Bringing it all in cash would mean that you are bringing a large amount of money and you have to declare it when you leave Australia. Probably not a good idea.

But if you use a credit or debit card the costs can add up and will eat into your budget.

Why would he need to declare the money when leaving Australia?

Only need to declare when entering the country

AU$10000 spending money for 8 weeks is more than enough. That's AU$1250 a week. I know guys who do it on AU$600 a week easy & still have a great time.

Gidday Mate,

Firstly remember the customs law - $10,000 AUD is the maximum cash you can take out of Aust.

I have lived in Patts for 6 months (extended holiday - well actually long service leave) and found that I could live, eat, drink, shop and engage in either ST or LT really well for between 3000-4000B per day equating to around $110 AUD (depending upon the exchange rate of course). However this also depends upon the individual.

Some days I was well under this and others I was marginally over, however on the average I could have sustained a reasonable stay for around 2600B; but I like a bit of luxury.

I stayed in a good hotel (Royal Twins Palace) and whilst the advertised rate was 1800B I was charged 1200B ($40 AUD) with 4 days free accommodation as I paid in cash (Baht) upon arrival. I could have got either cheaper or more expensive accommodation but I liked the fact of a hotel environment, security, views, pool etc but previously stayed at the Apex hotel for $18 AUD per night.

Eating was easy as there are many places to dine and get a decent meal for around $5-10 AUD and drinking was also easy as I took advantage of happy hours and bought grog back to my room.

As for the ST/LT there are just too many options to discuss or recommend, however Soi 6 and Walking Street were my main sources of entertainment. I also had a few girls for an extended period of time (3-4 days) and so much for the GF experience rather for their local knowledge of where to eat, shop etc.

Overall the main thing I found helpful was that there are many expats who were keen to impart their wisdom, whether it be over a beer or a meal and some of this information saved me heapsof cash and also provided me with heaps of tips.

Again what worked for me may not work for you, just get over there and enjoy it.

Good luck

Cheers Fred

well i was going to carry 9k on me then get a thai bank account when i got there banks fees are too much imo but i didnt think i would need to declare my money if it was under the 10k mark well i guess i better rethink.Thanks for all the feedback.

well i was going to carry 9k on me then get a thai bank account when i got there banks fees are too much imo but i didnt think i would need to declare my money if it was under the 10k mark well i guess i better rethink.Thanks for all the feedback.

I am 99.5% sure you do not need to declare the money when you leaving the country.

Even if you wanted to do it, i can not see how you can as there are no forms to fill out, not to mention no one checks your bags or wallet on the way out.

Nor have i personally ever seen any signs in the airport stating that anyone has to declare taking money out.

on arrival to Thailand, you have to declare anything over US$10 000, BUT they never check your wallet or pockets in Thailand, so again i would not worry about it

The problem with pattaya is you can't just visit once,i have been 5 times in 2years and am back again in june for a month.$150 a day is easily enough and you should have change on your way home.Leave 5000 at home,if you bring it with you,you will over pay,That way you can visit again,if you need more money,you can withdraw it from the atm,just let your bank know what dates you are overseas.

Awsome thanks heaps to everyone that has added an opinion.

Why would he need to declare the money when leaving Australia?

Only need to declare when entering the country

Australian customs laws say you must declare any amount over $A10,000 when entering or leaving Australia or you are liable for confiscation of that amount.

That declaration ends up in the tax office and is also available to law enforcement agancies.

So unless you have an overriding reason to carry that amount of money it is best not to.

Mate you can stay in Jomtien in a self contained condo for 10,000B per month. There are a lot of good cheap condos around if you are willing to be outside of Pattaya and still only a bath bus ride away from the Pattaya bars. 10,000B should last you 2 months mate if you dont go stupid as the others have told you. Enjoy your trip.

Australian customs laws say you must declare any amount over $A10,000 when entering or leaving Australia or you are liable for confiscation of that amount.

That declaration ends up in the tax office and is also available to law enforcement agancies.

So unless you have an overriding reason to carry that amount of money it is best not to.

I believe you are incorrect. It says when entering Australia not when leaving Australia.

As i posted before, there are no declarations to fill out when you leaving even if you wanted to declare it.

As for returning to Australia, i do not think OP will have much left anyway

"Currency

There is no limit to the amount of currency you

can bring in or out of Australia. However, you

must declare amounts of A$10,000 or more in

Australian currency or foreign equivalent. If asked

by a Customs and Border Protection officer you

must also fill in a Bearer Negotiable Instruments

(BNI) form if you’re carrying promissory notes,

travellers cheques, personal cheques, money

orders or postal orders."

That's from the aussie customs page, doesn't really make it sound any clearer. I personally thought myself you are allowed to take out amounts of 10k+, it's just they don't like it and you have to show proof that it's not drug money or proceeds of crime etc. (a bank statement will do). I know bringing in more you have to declare especially foreign currency, because they'll wanna tax you on it. You can get it through easy enough, but if they catch you they'll take every dollar you got and charge you.

"Currency

There is no limit to the amount of currency you

can bring in or out of Australia. However, you

must declare amounts of A$10,000 or more in

Australian currency or foreign equivalent. If asked

by a Customs and Border Protection officer you

must also fill in a Bearer Negotiable Instruments

(BNI) form if you’re carrying promissory notes,

travellers cheques, personal cheques, money

orders or postal orders."

That's from the aussie customs page, doesn't really make it sound any clearer. I personally thought myself you are allowed to take out amounts of 10k+, it's just they don't like it and you have to show proof that it's not drug money or proceeds of crime etc. (a bank statement will do). I know bringing in more you have to declare especially foreign currency, because they'll wanna tax you on it. You can get it through easy enough, but if they catch you they'll take every dollar you got and charge you.

You Sir are absolutley correct. It's purely a formality whereby you must declare to customs that your own the cash and it's not going to be used illegally. They probably give you a wide smile when you tell them your going to Patts for fun, sun and beers......