Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Is ED visa the way to go ?

NukSoCow

Hello last year did i aply fore a ED visa. I did go to school 2 times a week 4 houers a week. And then did i get my 1 year ED visa. I am only 30 years old. So i gues there is no other ways around fore me ?? The good thing about the ED visa. is that i only make the extention every 3 months. Not eaven need to go to the imegration ofice. Them pick the passport up from the school.. You not eaven need to go to the school. But i think it is interesting..

"I am the punishment of God, if you had not committed great sins God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"

ED visa : Immigration now test your language skills and improvement - this goes for all last 6 months. Fail this test and your visa goes the same way.

You have other option: go To Vientiane, Laos - get a 2 entry TR visa. With 2 extensions it's good for 6 months.

ED visa : Immigration now test your language skills and improvement - this goes for all last 6 months. Fail this test and your visa goes the same way.

You have other option: go To Vientiane, Laos - get a 2 entry TR visa. With 2 extensions it's good for 6 months.

The ED visa is still a good option for anyone who would like to study Thai while they are living in Pattaya. At least it gives people something to do other than sitting in a pub all day... :)

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Do u talk from experience ??

Them will give u a smal test yes. But thats only if u go to imegration. I just deliver the passport on the school. And them fix everything. Thats the easiest way to do it.. No test no nothing. Only 1900baht fore the extention and another 1k fore the pick up !!

"I am the punishment of God, if you had not committed great sins God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"

Yes they do test you every time you go.

I am hearing more and more from people in my class of problems with immigration, especially the lady who does the test.

She seems to try to fail people.

1 guy she asked to sing Thai national anthem

another guys, she was picking that he did not have tones correct.

So while it is the easiest visa to have, but you would need to attend school and actually really learn Thai, or find school which pays enough money to immigration in pattaya to pass all its students

People who had problems were all from the wallen school

What school offers the service of extension? without having student having to go to immigration

Edited by kuffki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

I am hearing more and more from people in my class of problems with immigration, especially the lady who does the test.

So while it is the easiest visa to have, but you would need to attend school and actually really learn Thai, or find school which pays enough money to immigration in pattaya to pass all its students

What school offers the service of extension? without having student having to go to immigration

I was over on wallen on monday. The way them teach u is hard i think. But that is not the school i did go to last year. And i did only pay 700baht on the other school. But them did say it was ok on wallen. To give them the passport fore extention. But i had to pay 1k baht. Maby it all is just bogus. I will probably go to the same school. That i did go to last year. After the info u are giving me now.. One guy told me the same u say. That i had to do a test if i go buy my self. Thats why we all delivered the passports to the school. U was talking about tones. But hay what tha fuck !! We go to school to learn. If we would speek fluent Thai. Then why go to school.

There are other ways e.g. if you have a child with a Thai and you live with her together (you don't have to be married), you will get the same status as married an therefore 1 year "visa" for 1900 THB.

babydollsaddict.gif

There are other ways e.g. if you have a child with a Thai and you live with her together (you don't have to be married), you will get the same status as married an therefore 1 year "visa" for 1900 THB.

Is this info 100% ?? And what would the incom have to be ?? Lets say u kan not show to monthly incom.

But isn't there some rule that you have to also hold like 400k or something in a Thai bank account to qualify for the marriage visa?

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

I like this idea of an education visa. I think to learn thai and culture would be fun. I was a uni prof and teacher and i have a few degrees and so i would not mind picking up another language. I think i saw a post by the doctor on this site. http://www.highspeedthai.com/ that could be used in conjutction with thai classes and http://word-in-the-hand.com/thaidictwin_ov.html ... a talking dictionary for thai to english would be of help too. I am thinking about taking classes and see if i like thailand enough to retire there or stay longer... i have been thinking about thailand, korea or japan to live some or all of the time there... The Ed visas are they one year and renewable again for one year multi re entry visa types...?

"Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature"

Saint Augustine

With all the hot girls here, who can get a visa for Erectile Dysfunction?

Retired

good idea.

forces you to learn.

win win

• 2 weeks later...

Hello last year did i aply fore a ED visa. I did go to school 2 times a week 4 houers a week. And then did i get my 1 year ED visa. I am only 30 years old. So i gues there is no other ways around fore me ?? The good thing about the ED visa. is that i only make the extention every 3 months. Not eaven need to go to the imegration ofice. Them pick the passport up from the school.. You not eaven need to go to the school. But i think it is interesting..

I'd be very careful about letting anyone extend your visa. There was a scam several years ago where a visa run company said they were taking people's passport across the border to get them stamped. They were actually putting fake stamps in the passports. Anyone who had done it had to get new passports issued from their embassy.

• 3 months later...

Im from australia,i applied for a 12month multi entry ed visa at a thai consulate in brisbane,it cost me 240aus dollars,i study thru plc in patts 120 hours cost 17100,only attend school 2 hours a week,i thought i had to reapply every 3months at a cost of 1900baht,but was told today i have a 12month stamped multi enty visa and can stay here with no runs or fees for 12months and then can reapply before visa expires.Some schools you have to attend 4hrs a week,it depends on the ministry of education in thailand

Im from australia,i applied for a 12month multi entry ed visa at a thai consulate in brisbane,it cost me 240aus dollars,i study thru plc in patts 120 hours cost 17100,only attend school 2 hours a week,i thought i had to reapply every 3months at a cost of 1900baht,but was told today i have a 12month stamped multi enty visa and can stay here with no runs or fees for 12months and then can reapply before visa expires.Some schools you have to attend 4hrs a week,it depends on the ministry of education in thailand

:LOL2: PLEASE go to a Immigration office - and say what you just wrote here.

You will make them smile and laugh all day.

Don't go to a Immigration office and ask -

and you will be in Jail within 1 year.

Honestly guys - a few mislead BM's here - stop listen to rumor mill - GO ask Immigration and avoid Jail !

I will not comment more, as this only lead to more debate and "rumors" + "I have heard" stories.

ALWAYS go ask Immigration and get legally correct info.

Remember strict reaction to over stay, fines, jail, deportation

Edited by Expat46

:LOL2: PLEASE go to a Immigration office - and say what you just wrote here.

You will make them smile and laugh all day.

Don't go to a Immigration office and ask -

and you will be in Jail within 1 year.

Honestly guys - a few mislead BM's here - stop listen to rumor mill - GO ask Immigration and avoid Jail !

I will not comment more, as this only lead to more debate and "rumors" + "I have heard" stories.

ALWAYS go ask Immigration and get legally correct info.

Remember strict reaction to over stay, fines, jail, deportation

good advice,im going to go down to jomtien this morning and double check,will let everyone know this afternoon

I took the ED visa in my home country , not in Laos, i received a 1 year non O ED visa MULTIPLE entry (so unlimited entry) , no re entry to pay as i payed a multiple entry visa .

I never go for extension , just do my visa runs every 90 days , no questions or so at border , just stamp and go !!

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

I took the ED visa in my home country , not in Laos, i received a 1 year non O ED visa MULTIPLE entry (so unlimited entry) , no re entry to pay as i payed a multiple entry visa .

I never go for extension , just do my visa runs every 90 days , no questions or so at border , just stamp and go !!

Do you have to pay the 1900baht visa fee?I went to jomtien immigration this morning,i have two options,one is leave country every 90days,or two,school can give me form to take to immigration every 90days,i am still not sure if i have to pay the 1900baht fee.I now have a name of a lady in immigration and she is going to see me tomorrow to clear this up

Do you have to pay the 1900baht visa fee?I went to jomtien immigration this morning,i have two options,one is leave country every 90days,or two,school can give me form to take to immigration every 90days,i am still not sure if i have to pay the 1900baht fee.I now have a name of a lady in immigration and she is going to see me tomorrow to clear this up

i just pay my visa run 2000 bath meal in restaurant on the way included . I never go Jomtien soi 5 , because others they could change my 1 year visa in an" extension for stay ", and then i have to pay re entry if i would like to leave Thailand ; Also no question on border about my improuvment for Thai language . In my 1 year multiple NO re entry to pay for

On advise ThaiVisa forum i keep my visa alive and not take Extension system , i did not use the Laos route....

i just pay my visa run 2000 bath meal in restaurant on the way included . I never go Jomtien soi 5 , because others they could change my 1 year visa in an" extension for stay ", and then i have to pay re entry if i would like to leave Thailand ; Also no question on border about my improuvment for Thai language . In my 1 year multiple NO re entry to pay for

On advise ThaiVisa forum i keep my visa alive and not take Extension system , i did not use the Laos route....

how many runs have you done,and what routes do you recommend if not laos

cheers

how many runs have you done,and what routes do you recommend if not laos

cheers

Idid enter 7 jan. first run 4 April, second run 2 Jul, and just now 29 sept, visa runs out At December, but At 27 December 3 days before visa expire i do another run witch should give me until 26 march 2011 so in total 15 month approx.

I took normal way here in Thailand the paperwork from school , but did nor go Laos as they charged me around 13000 bath for the trip , and as i should arrange for myself some things in my country because of so long stay away i prefer to put more the money to a flight home country

At consulate in my town i requested a ed visa Non O 3 months (same as Laos i thought..) , but they only would give me a 1 year Non O E.D. multiple entry for about 7000 bath (in Euros) standard procedure for them that way they said.so calculating all is 25000 school 10000 visa runs (5), 7000 visa fee my county, seems 42000 for 15 months, seems 2800 by month all counted

Ps , please do not refer this to immigration, as i would not awake sleeping dogs as they like to much "power showing "on us farangs :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by david555

Idid enter 7 jan. first run 4 April, second run 2 Jul, and just now 29 sept, visa runs out At December, but At 27 December 3 days before visa expire i do another run witch should give me until 2 march 2011 so in total 15 month approx.

I took normal way here in Thailand the paperwork from school , but did nor go Laos as they charged me around 13000 bath for the trip , and as i should arrange for myself some things in my country because of so long stay away i prefer to put more the money to a flight home country

At consulate in my town i requested a ed visa Non O 3 months (same as Laos i thought..) , but they only would give me a 1 year Non O E.D. multiple entry for about 7000 bath (in Euros) standard procedure for them that way they said.so calculating all is 25000 school 10000 visa runs (5), 7000 visa fee my county, seems 42000 for 15 months, seems 2800 by month all counted

Ps , please do not refer this to immigration, as i would not awake sleeping dogs as they like to much "power showing "on us farangs :GoldenSmile1:

thanks for the info,wont be waking any dogs you can be assured.......cheers

If you have a 12 month multiple entry ED visa you have to leave every 90 days on a visa run. You don't have to go to immigration, you don't have to pay 1900. You can do your final visa run before the 12 months is up, the stamp on re entry will be for 90 days, this will give you up to 15 months in Thailand on the 1 visa.

90 day single entry ED visa - this is the one you extend every 90 days at immigration and pay 1900 baht.

• 2 months later...

How does the TR visa works and how to apply for it ,

Thanks .

• 4 weeks later...

Does they still language test every one that goes to immigration jomtien ?

I did get my Non-ED November 2010 but havent start the class yet ,. Next month its time for the fisrt visit to immigration.,

Going to ask my school if they can take care my passport for that visit,..

C O L O M B I A