IGNORED

Flights at Christmas time

blue1878

For the last 4 or 5 weeks I've been pestering my manager. Asking him if I can finish early in December so that I can go to Pattaya for Christmas and New Year.

It now looks like he's going to agree to let me have the time off work I'm just waiting now for my manager to put it in writing.

I'm hoping to fly out on the 16th December. And at the end of my holiday fly out of BKK on the 2nd or 3rd January.

My local airport in the UK is Manchester

I've not looked at many internet sites but all the flight prices that are coming up are very expensive.

Does anybody know of any good sites where I can find a decent price. And is it better to leave it till may or june before looking for prices. It always takes me a lomg time to get a decent price for christmas and new year

For the last 4 or 5 weeks I've been pestering my manager. Asking him if I can finish early in December so that I can go to Pattaya for Christmas and New Year.

It now looks like he's going to agree to let me have the time off work I'm just waiting now for my manager to put it in writing.

I'm hoping to fly out on the 16th December. And at the end of my holiday fly out of BKK on the 2nd or 3rd January.

My local airport in the UK is Manchester

I've not looked at many internet sites but all the flight prices that are coming up are very expensive.

Does anybody know of any good sites where I can find a decent price. And is it better to leave it till may or june before looking for prices. It always takes me a lomg time to get a decent price for christmas and new year

Hi mate...I live in the North East, its cheaper to fly from Newcastle to Heathrow and on to Bkk than go from NCL this year. This hasn't always been the case, I spend ages and ages looking for the best options, and over the years have gone from Newcastle/Manchester/Gatwick and Heathrow.

www.westeasttravel.co.uk

www.ebookers.com

www.netflights.co.uk

www.southalltravel.co.uk

Good luck mate

Edited by Muso

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

I was looking to go about 14 Dec and the flights were very expensive. I changed the date to a week earlier and the price dropped about £150-200. I normally search with Opodo and Netflights but I think it will be more than last year. Being close to London is useful too.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I was looking to go about 14 Dec and the flights were very expensive. I changed the date to a week earlier and the price dropped about £150-200. I normally search with Opodo and Netflights but I think it will be more than last year. Being close to London is useful too.

I'm restricted to my dates it will have to be on the 16th maybe one day earlier. Cannot go a week earlier. I'll be looking ay opodo and Netflights but I have a funny feeling I'm going to pay a lot this year. I hope I'm wrong.

eanto thanks for the info

Hi mate...I live in the North East, its cheaper to fly from Newcastle to Heathrow and on to Bkk than go from NCL this year. This hasn't always been the case, I spend ages and ages looking for the best options, and over the years have gone from Newcastle/Manchester/Gatwick and Heathrow.

www.westeasttravel.co.uk

www.ebookers.com

www.netflights.co.uk

www.southalltravel.co.uk

Good luck mate

Thanks Muso I've heard in the past that it's sometimes cheaper to fly out of Heathrow or Gatwick even after you've added in the price of the shuttle flights.

I'm still waiting for my manager to just confirm I can have the time off work so that I can book my flights. I'll hopefully get conformation today or tomorrow

Edited by blue1878

I'm on my lunch break and I'm looking at prices on the internet. The cheapest return price I've seen so far flying from Manchester to Bangkok is £838. I'd like to find a cheaper price BUT £838 would be a price I'd be willing to pay. And the airline Qatar is a good airline BUT there is a downside. Both flying out and returning I would have to spend 8 hours in transit at Doha which is no good.

I'm on my lunch break and I'm looking at prices on the internet. The cheapest return price I've seen so far flying from Manchester to Bangkok is £838. I'd like to find a cheaper price BUT £838 would be a price I'd be willing to pay. And the airline Qatar is a good airline BUT there is a downside. Both flying out and returning I would have to spend 8 hours in transit at Doha which is no good.

http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/pcsouthallflights.aspx?DestinationFrom=LHR&StartDate=16&StartMonth=1210&DestinationTo=bkk&DestTo=BKK&EndDate=02&EndMonth=0111&AdultCnt=1&Childcnt=0&InfantCnt=0&AirLineCode=&Cabin=All&triptype=ROUNDTRIP&trkid=FS 22Apr 12:21:28 -5421-

£658 from LHR

i like to use West East travel because you can choose your flight now and only pay a small deposit, then you only need to pay the balance either a month or two before the date of travelling...this helps me secure good rates early in the year without actualy having to shell out the money so far in advance.

I found Direct London Heathrow to BKK for £825.00 and booked it strait away 18th. Dec. to 8th. Jan.- the longer you wait the more expensive it will be for sure...

best of luck mate...

you don't stop partying because you grow old,

you grow old because you stop partying

my advice is dont bother flying from anywhere but heathrow.. yes its a pain getting there and back but if you can put up with that you will ALWAYS get the cheapest deal. guaranteed. cheers reg. by the way , i live in hull and always fly from heathrow so i certainly practice what i preach..

Just found £478 LHR/BKK Dec 25th (suits me) return Feb 01...... £82 return Newcastle - Heathrow total = £560

Just found £478 LHR/BKK Dec 25th (suits me) return Feb 01...... £82 return Newcastle - Heathrow total = £560

Thats a very good price....Nice one

im flying from manchester on pretty much same dates . i paid £796.00 in feb using netflights on qatar airline.good change over times too . much more expensive now. netflights were the cheapest though in feb not too sure now. accomodation is also creeping up from when i booked . the advice i got was book asap when going at christmas

Well I've booked my flights. And I'm flying from Manchester with Air France. I paid more than I wanted to pay but on the positive side I've got some good flights.

I fly out on the 16th December and return home on the 4th Janiuary.

Flying out I fly from Manchester in the afternoon and I arrive ag BKK airport mid-day on the 17th. And I only spend 1 hour 25 minutes in transit

Flying back I fly at 23:10 from Bangkok and arrive Manchester airport at 8:05 the next day. And only spend 1 hour 35 minutes in transit

Well I've booked my flights. And I'm flying from Manchester with Air France. I paid more than I wanted to pay but on the positive side I've got some good flights.

I fly out on the 16th December and return home on the 4th Janiuary.

Flying out I fly from Manchester in the afternoon and I arrive ag BKK airport mid-day on the 17th. And I only spend 1 hour 25 minutes in transit

Flying back I fly at 23:10 from Bangkok and arrive Manchester airport at 8:05 the next day. And only spend 1 hour 35 minutes in transit

I'm just curious brian, how much did you pay for your ticket? Its interesting to see how much you guys (UK) have to pay for a ticket to BKK around xmas time, compared with mongers from OZ.

Blue, seeing the frequency of your trips, I suggest to apply for a Thai resident permit. :)

Seya then mate.

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I have booked Dec 25th-Feb 01....Lhr £478.10p.....

Blue, seeing the frequency of your trips, I suggest to apply for a Thai resident permit. :Hair_Out1:

Seya then mate.

Benny I would love to apply for a thai resident permit but I have a problem with work. They wouldnt let me do it :P ...lol

I have booked Dec 25th-Feb 01....Lhr £478.10p.....

Last Friday night and Saturday morning I spent a lot of time on the internet. And a small fortune in telephone calls trying to get a really cheap flight.

The best price I was offered was £689 with Air India and flying out of Heathrow. The flight times werent great and I didn;t fancy the 200 mile journey from where I live to Heathrow. And the same journey back.

I also got a good price flying from Manchester with Qatar but it ment spening 8 hours in Doha on the way out and spending 8 hours in Doha on the way back.

So in the end I decided on paying the extra for decent flight times between Manchester and Bangkok with Air France. And only short times spent in transit in Paris

Last Friday night and Saturday morning I spent a lot of time on the internet. And a small fortune in telephone calls trying to get a really cheap flight.

The best price I was offered was £689 with Air India and flying out of Heathrow. The flight times werent great and I didn't fancy the 200 mile journey from where I live to Heathrow. And the same journey back.

I also got a good price flying from Manchester with Qatar but it ment spening 8 hours in Doha on the way out and spending 8 hours in Doha on the way back.

So in the end I decided on paying the extra for decent flight times between Manchester and Bangkok with Air France. And only short times spent in transit in Paris

I live in the North East, can get flight from Newcastle to Heathrow £84 return...you just lazy? The £200 I save pays for 20 nights accomodation! Whats 200 mile exra when flying 1000's of miles to Thailand?

I live in the North East, can get flight from Newcastle to Heathrow £84 return...you just lazy? The £200 I save pays for 20 nights accomodation! Whats 200 mile exra when flying 1000's of miles to Thailand?

I've been to Thailand 22 times. And on 6 occasions I have flown down to Heathrow or Gatwick and got a direct flight. If the Air India flight times had been decent ones I'd have flown down to London at Christmas.

So it's not about being lazy it's about geting decent flight times.

I've been to Thailand 22 times. And on 6 occasions I have flown down to Heathrow or Gatwick and got a direct flight. If the Air India flight times had been decent ones I'd have flown down to London at Christmas.

So it's not about being lazy it's about geting decent flight times.

Wasn't havin a go mate, I'm just into savin £££££££ I go for 6 weeks +, so addin a few hours on to get there and back is not a big issue for me! But savin the odd few hundred quid is!!

Wasn't havin a go mate, I'm just into savin £££££££ I go for 6 weeks +, so addin a few hours on to get there and back is not a big issue for me! But savin the odd few hundred quid is!!

Hi Muso can I ask when you booked your flights??

A friend of mine is flying to Thailand for Christmas and New Year. He is flying out off Hearhrow and was able to book his flights a few weeks ago. He got a great price of £480. Last Friday he went online and the price is now £1,132 for exactly the same flights.

I think if I'd been able to book my flights a few weeks ago I could have got a lot better deal.

PS with the money you've saved you might be able to buy me a beer if we bump into each other.....lol

Edited by blue1878

Hi Muso can I ask when you booked your flights??

A friend of mine is flying to Thailand for Christmas and New Year. He is flying out off Hearhrow and was able to book his flights a few weeks ago. He got a great price of £480. Last Friday he went online and the price is now £1,132 for exactly the same price.

I think if I'd been able to book my flights a few weeks ago I could have got a lot better deal.

Saturday gone mate....www.southalltravel.co.uk

Saturday gone mate....www.southalltravel.co.uk

www.southalltravel.co.uk was one of the sites I looked at but didnt like anything that came up.

Anyway my flights are booked and in the next few days I'll e-mail my hotel in Pattaya and book my room

www.southalltravel.co.uk was one of the sites I looked at but didnt like anything that came up.

Anyway my flights are booked and in the next few days I'll e-mail my hotel in Pattaya and book my room

Just checked ...Its still on....Dec 25-Feb 01