IGNORED

What does Kai Noy mean?

kylejunk

Had a bar girl that I hung out with for a few days, and her pet name for me was "Kai noy" or maybe "Kai Nuy" She's written it both ways. She said it meant something lovely and nice, but I get the impression that that's not what it means from some of the giggling that followed when she used it aropund other girls?

The only think I can figure out from the online translators is that it might have something to do with eggs.

anybody know what this might actually mean?

Thanks!

kylejunk

I would say she calls you "little egg"

"Fighting me is like jerking off...You´re only gonna F@ck yourself. "

Or little balls! (as in testicles) but the previous poster is probably correct if she meant it nicely.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Little egg or Little Chicken - the dimunitive Kai (Khai/Gai) also means chicken; usually applied to females.

Or little balls! (as in testicles) but the previous poster is probably correct if she meant it nicely.

somehow I get the feeling that it's your version Dr. O'Boogie (nice name btw). Whatever, Plenty of other fish in the sea :)

Just reply an I call you "Khai hoy"

Who is fit to govern others?

He who governs himself. ?

You might as well have said: nobody.

Just reply an I call you "Khai hoy"

egg pussy?

Naa Bagahoe Darg dam Uwan narlak (If they are a bit chubby) Nom yai Hoy men Hoy Yai

Edited by Churchill's Cigar

Yes, you are sexy....But do you take it up the shitter?

Khai=sell

i believe KWAI means DICK so maybe she means small cock

This would make sense if there laughing about it yes??

<br />i believe KWAI means DICK so maybe she means small cock<br /><br />This would make sense if there laughing about it yes??<br />
<br /><br /><br />

something like kuai=knob, kwai is almost buffalo, which they do like to call us.

then again it changes from thai to thai, so your might be correct and mine wrong

thai is not really a stable base of language i'm afraid

about 8 common dialects and more local slang than you can poke a stick at!

<br /><br /><br />

something like kuai=knob, kwai is almost buffalo, which they do like to call us.

then again it changes from thai to thai, so your might be correct and mine wrong

thai is not really a stable base of language i'm afraid

about 8 common dialects and more local slang than you can poke a stick at!

In Laos/Eesarn they say khuy for dick. I still think it's either 'Little or minor Egg' or 'little or minor testicles' (TG's often call testicles 'Khai' as in egg) although I would have to hear it or see it in Thai script to be sure.

Problem for many of us is:

I'd say khuy differently to you and quite possibly hear it differently

Our hearing/listening skills are different to thais

english have a few words that sound the same but have different meaning

thai has quite a few more and some have 4,5 or 6 meanings for extremely similar sounding words I cannot easily pick out those, context for the word is the key

but its not so easy trying to discern single words in a babble of thai

and by the time you've worked out what was said its to late.

course the good DR.W.B. knows this only 2well

Edited by maimeepanhaa

Problem for many of us is: I'd say khuy differently to you and quite possibly hear it differently Our hearing/listening skills are different to thais english have a few words that sound the same but have different meaning thai has quite a few more and some have 4,5 or 6 meanings for extremely similar sounding words I cannot easily pick out those, context for the word is the key but its not so easy trying to discern single words in a babble of thai and by the time you've worked out what was said its to late. course the good DR.W.B. knows this only 2well

That's why I think anybody who's serious about their Thai should learn to read it. The script tells you exactly how the word should be pronounced i.e. long/short vowel and tone.

There are phonetic transliteration systems that use the roman alphabet but they use tone marks which keyboards don't have and they need to be learned because some of the letters are used to represent sounds that either aren't intuitive or have no equivelent in the English language.

On the forums I just try to approximate the sounds as many might pronounce them but it is subjective. Unless everybody on the forum learned the same phonetic system then either hearing it yourself or Thai script is the only acurate way to go.

I can read sell and Loei and drug(pharmacy type) and rent and baarn

so i can rent a house in loei and sell.......phoot len!!!

Edited by maimeepanhaa

I can read sell and Loei and drug(pharmacy type) and rent and baarn

so i can rent a house in loei and sell.......phoot len!!!

Loei is a good one to know in Thai because it has other meanings. If a TG ever says to me 'pai loei' as in 'go away'(go further) I always reply 'pai thamay loei klai maak' = Why go to Loei? it's very far' the 'loei' เลย in both sentences is exactly the same word in Thai. Always gets a laugh :SteamingMad: .

thats how it got its name, "pass thru" apparently the lao in the north were in a big drought and passed that area some stayed others bpai loei

thats how it got its name, "pass thru" apparently the lao in the north were in a big drought and passed that area some stayed others bpai loei

That makes sense, might be an idea for a thread. Lots of Thai places have meanings to them, 'Haat Yai' doesn't mean 'Big Beach' for example, even it's the same words, it's short for 'mahaat yai' which means 'big beach tree'. I believe Kanchanaburi is a play on 'kaan chana' which means victory (over the Burmese) Victory City.

In Laos/Eesarn they say khuy for dick. I still think it's either 'Little or minor Egg' or 'little or minor testicles' (TG's often call testicles 'Khai' as in egg) although I would have to hear it or see it in Thai script to be sure.

She always pronounced it 'K-eye nEW-e' with the ew slightly emphasized. Not sure if that makes anything more clear. Based on this thread, I'm pretty sure she is calling me little balls. I'm OK with that, they're always getting emptied out, so no time to swell up :Nothing1:

She always pronounced it 'K-eye nEW-e' with the ew slightly emphasized. Not sure if that makes anything more clear. Based on this thread, I'm pretty sure she is calling me little balls. I'm OK with that, they're always getting emptied out, so no time to swell up :GoldenSmile1:

Noy is not often used to denote small in size, usually Lek is.

nEW-e could be นุ้ย which can be plump, chubby. It also is uses as a personal pronoun by some women when referrring to themselves.

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

Noy is not often used to denote small in size, usually Lek is.

nEW-e could be นุ้ย which can be plump, chubby. It also is uses as a personal pronoun by some women when referrring to themselves.

Not often, but it is sometimes i.e. เด็กน้อย dek noi = small child. Without hearing it first hand the chances are we'll never know......there are so many things she could have been saying.

Khai=sell

More like Kaay hoy.

But transliteration is stupid in Thai, just stamp "ขายหอย" on her forehead.

Thai <-> English translations. 100% anonymous and confidential. Cheap rates. Paypal accepted. Email Lek on "[email protected]"